talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Edinson Cavani - Chelsea & Man Utd Linked

9dffd2238cea4f08b3393067bc24275b-780x520

Uruguayan and Paris Saint-Germain striker Edinson Cavani has had all sorts of speculation surrounding his future with PSG having an overbooking on their front line and also taking into account his issues with Neymar.

Real Madrid are known to be desperately searching a replacement for the now departed (to Juve) Cristiano Ronaldo and most importantly, his goals.  Florentino Pérez' desired signings in the shape of Neymar or Kylian Mbappé have both said they're staying and he is being left without options to bring in a "Galáctico" and offer at least that one name this summer that captures all the world's football headlines.

Cavani wouldn't be a "Galáctico" but he has experience and knows where the net is.  Could this be the option or the solution?

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Devon Von Devon said:

Will this be influenced by wethear Rabiot goes to Barcelona or not ?

I have no idea mate because PSG aren't run like a traditional football club. Paris Saint-Germain are an equivalent of Harrods (the Knightsbridge luxury store where hardly nobody buys anything but people visit). 

Both Rabiot and Cavani play in different positions but PSG know they have to sell to balance their books.

2 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

I have no idea mate because PSG aren't run like a traditional football club. Paris Saint-Germain are an equivalent of Harrods (the Knightsbridge luxury store where hardly nobody buys anything but people visit). 

Both Rabiot and Cavani play in different positions but PSG know they have to sell to balance their books.

Cavani seems to be liked more by the PSG owners and i would rather keep him than Rabiot.

37 minutes ago, Devon Von Devon said:

Cavani seems to be liked more by the PSG owners and i would rather keep him than Rabiot.

Rabiot is a Pied Noir with a French-Catalan Jewish background... He isn't liked much but has a tremendous future projection and is one of the most watched young midfielders in Europe.  There is too much going on in his blood which makes him a difficult character to control and there are the possible issues with him.

But as I said before... Cavani and Rabiot play in different positions and from a sale point of view this isn't something to be looked at.  But PSG need to sell more than just one or two layers to balance their books.

• Administrator

surely Real would be better off signing someone a bit younger so they can get more out of them? Cavani's 31 now so it's not like he's gonna improve much. 

Does this interest in Cavani stem from not being able to get Neymar/Mbappe in this window?

9 minutes ago, Stan said:

surely Real would be better off signing someone a bit younger so they can get more out of them? Cavani's 31 now so it's not like he's gonna improve much. 

Does this interest in Cavani stem from not being able to get Neymar/Mbappe in this window?

I do think Cavani will improve Real Madrid, but I can see it being a short term transfer. To be fair with all the money Real Madrid have, its really a viable move because they often want instant success. While I don't entirely disagree, I think he will improve them but not for a long time. 2 years max then he'll be off.

21 minutes ago, Stan said:

Indeed... That's the general consensus. They can't find anyone of a massive marketable status to spend their hundreds of millions on and are just looking for some sort of seeming guarantee. 

• Administrator
8 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Indeed... That's the general consensus. They can't find anyone of a massive marketable status to spend their hundreds of millions on and are just looking for some sort of seeming guarantee. 

Harry Kane surely. 

2 minutes ago, Stan said:

Harry Kane surely. 

I don't think they're looking to invest that heavily on a classic 9 mate.  If that interest has ever existed I would say it's as a supplement in the shape of adding even more weight to the status of their squad.  They're looking for the kind of name that's worldwide.

4 minutes ago, Storts said:

They can't even attract Pochettino, let alone Kane. Tinpot club

That and other jokes of the ilk are flying around all over the place.  They haven't got all that long to sort something out of that capacity which takes a lot of work.  Hence Florentino defending the club's status in a speech while presenting Vinicius Junior and saying that they're signing the best players in the world and that no other club comes close.

• The title was changed to Edinson Cavani - Chelsea & Man Utd Linked
  • The topic was locked
  • The topic was unlocked

Archived