talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Trivia Thread

football forum

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Berserker said:

So that it's more tolerable in case some idiot mistakes it for human food?, because it's cheaper to make it that way?

That reminds me of the story about a mom mistakenly buying her daughter an advent calendar meant for cats and only realising it after the child complained about the treats "tasting weird" :rofl:

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
19 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Why do companies often put a small harmless amount of sugar in cat food, even though cats can't taste sweetness?

Could be for a few reasons, I'd imagine the number one reason being that cat food by itself is pretty ghastly and its done to keep the smell at bay for pet owners. The other possible reason is to create an addiction in the pet to continue the sales of the food itself? After all, we develop sugar addictions so I'd imagine the animal kingdom is no less?

3 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

Could be for a few reasons, I'd imagine the number one reason being that cat food by itself is pretty ghastly and its done to keep the smell at bay for pet owners. The other possible reason is to create an addiction in the pet to continue the sales of the food itself? After all, we develop sugar addictions so I'd imagine the animal kingdom is no less?

Well, close, close. It concerns the owner more than the pet yes, but not the smell :D

2 minutes ago, nudge said:

Something to do with taxes then?

Nope

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Well, close, close. It concerns the owner more than the pet yes, but not the smell :D

Nope

If you say it has something to do with sugars breaking down over the meat and making it look more appealing I'll start laughing. Someone I know was just telling me that cooking with small traces of sugar on a steak makes it more appealing to photograph due to that nice golden glaze from the sugar.

Just now, Mel81x said:

If you say it has something to do with sugars breaking down over the meat and making it look more appealing I'll start laughing. Someone I know was just telling me that cooking with small traces of sugar on a steak makes it more appealing to photograph due to that nice golden glaze from the sugar.

I guess we can let that count as the right answer. They caramelize the sugar so it gives it a nicer colour and looks more pleasant :D

• Subscriber
6 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

Anyone who puts sugar on a steak deserves to be hanged, drawn and quartered ¬¬

• Subscriber

Just now, nudge said:

Anyone who puts sugar on a steak deserves to be hanged, drawn and quartered ¬¬

If anyone ever sees what they do to food items before they are prepped to have their pictures taken they'll think twice about a profession as a food photographer.

Alright, this one should be fairly easy. Name the only other country in world, besides India, where Hindi is the official language.

8 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

If anyone ever sees what they do to food items before they are prepped to have their pictures taken they'll think twice about a profession as a food photographer.

Alright, this one should be fairly easy. Name the only other country in world, besides India, where Hindi is the official language.

Fiji

• Subscriber
6 minutes ago, Azeem said:

My turn, Name those three Empires that were known as the ' Gunpowder Empires ' because of their heavy use and development in cannons and artillery 

Hint They all originate from the same continent 

Definitely Asian Empires.

Chinese, Ottomans, Mongols?

16 minutes ago, Azeem said:

My turn, Name those three Empires that were known as the ' Gunpowder Empires ' because of their heavy use and development in cannons and artillery 

Hint They all originate from the same continent 

English, French and Portuguese?

• The topic was pinned
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived