• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Trivia Thread

football forum

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Azeem said:

Yawn that's why i always find them overrated. Nothing like a real warrior hand to hand combat to death

1 minute ago, Spike said:

Horse archers conquered most of the world several times.

Did you know that the Parthians were very skilled Horse Archers and where the saying 'Parting Shot' comes from... or as it used to be known 'Parthian Shot'

Just now, Bluewolf said:

Did you know that the Parthians were very skilled Horse Archers and where the saying 'Parting Shot' comes from... or as it used to be known 'Parthian Shot'

Yeah, that is why and many others conquered @Azeem's ancestors. Gotta say, it feels good knowing that my ancestors haven't been conquered since 1066

Just now, Azeem said:

Yeah but when Mongols met the Mamluks of Egypt who were exceptional in hand to hand combat it changed everything.

Wouldn't have anything to do with the horse's poor ability in the sand, would it?

2 minutes ago, Spike said:

Yeah, that is why and many others conquered @Azeem's ancestors. Gotta say, it feels good knowing that my ancestors haven't been conquered since 1066

Well technically modern day Pakistan is the place where Alexander lost big time so we have a good track record. 

Wouldn't have anything to do with the horse's poor ability in the sand, would it?

Battle of Ain Jalut fought Mamluks vs Mongols in the footsteps of hills where David slew Goliath ( Jalut in Arabic) nothing to do with sand. 

Just now, Azeem said:

Well technically modern day Pakistan is the place where Alexander lost big time so we have a good track record. 

Whaddya mean? He crushed you lot in right into the Punjab and went back home because his soldiers were sick of fighing being on the over side of the world.

1 minute ago, Azeem said:

Battle of Ain Jalut fought Mamluks vs Mongols in the footsteps of hills where David slew Goliath ( Jalut in Arabic) nothing to do with sand. 

Just read about that. I beat the extra 5,000-10,000 soldiers helped as well.

Just read about that. I beat the extra 5,000-10,000 soldiers helped as well.

Considering Mongols brought Middle East at the brink of extinction a little extra soldiers wouldn't have made much difference

On 31/03/2020 at 21:40, Azeem said:

In international Test Cricket only one batsman's total minutes spent on the crease batting amount to a month, who is he ?

A. Sachin Tendulkar 

B. Ricky Ponting

C. Rahul Dravid 

D. Brian Lara

It was Rahul Dravid

• The topic was unpinned

Archived