talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Trivia Thread

football forum

• Subscriber
Just now, Berserker said:

That's easy, Bolivia and Paraguay.

Nah I think I didn't formulate my question well enough... Double landlocked means that the country is landlocked itself AND all the countries that surround it are also landlocked.

Both Bolivia and Paraguay are landlocked but at least one of their neighbour countries has access to the ocean/sea so it's not double-landlocked :) 

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, nudge said:

Nah I think I didn't formulate my question well enough... Double landlocked means that the country is landlocked itself AND all the countries that surround it are also landlocked.

Both Bolivia and Paraguay are landlocked but at least one of their neighbour countries has access to the ocean/sea so it's not double-landlocked :) 

Yeah, i also jumped the gun, if it's surrounded exclusively by landlocked countries then i have various candidates, do i have to post them one by one or can i mention them all at once? :D

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Berserker said:

Yeah, i also jumped the gun, if it's surrounded exclusively by landlocked countries then i have various candidates, do i have to post them one by one or can i mention them all at once? :D

Haha as long as you're not going to post like twenty countries at once... go ahead xD 

Hint: one is in Europe another in Asia...

At least one of them has to be central Europe, probably both. I'm thinking Lichtenstein and Slovakia or Slovenia, can't really tell. African countries are too big, I don't see how any could be double landlocked, unless it's some really small country in central Africa I'm missing. 

Very few American countries are landlocked let alone doubled and the same goes gor the middle east. As for Asia there could be a double landlocked country somewhere in the centre but I can't point out all Asian countries in a map so I wouldn't know.

• Subscriber
6 minutes ago, Machado said:

At least one of them has to be central Europe, probably both. I'm thinking Lichtenstein and Slovakia or Slovenia, can't really tell. African countries are too big, I don't see how any could be double landlocked, unless it's some really small country in central Africa I'm missing. 

Very few American countries are landlocked let alone doubled and the same goes gor the middle east. As for Asia there could be a double landlocked country somewhere in the centre but I can't point out all Asian countries in a map so I wouldn't know.

Liechtenstein is correct... 

One more in Asia.

• Subscriber
4 minutes ago, Berserker said:

Liechtenstein and Azerbaijan.

Nooo... It's one of the -stans :P and it boasts the ancient city of Samarkand which once was the center of the Silk Road trade.

• Administrator
8 minutes ago, Berserker said:

I guess we can share the victory with @Machado, also i kept thinking they had to be next to each other for some reason, if not perhaps it would have been easier.

Pedrinho you can create the next trivia.

I'll take some credit too. #Stans

• Subscriber
5 hours ago, Azeem said:

Cental Asian landlocked countries do have a costline due to Caspian and Ural sea both are extra large lakes

Yes, but the question was not about having a lake coastline...  :P

• The topic was pinned
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived