The better place to talk football.

Trivia Thread

football forum

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
On 15/03/2019 at 10:58, Harry said:

What is the loudest sound ever recorded? 

And for a bonus point how loud was it? 

The 1906 San Francisco Earthquake springs too mind, only because of watching the film with Clark Gable and his famous saying... xD I will take a guess at the magnitude whatever you call it and say 7 points something?

Edit: Shit, that saying was in Gone With the Wind :dam: :eek:

No it was a Volcano called Krakatoa in Indonesia, which had a very violent and powerful eruption in 1883 which was believed to be 320db at the source and measured at 180 db more than 160km from the source. 

Here's a video of a much smaller eruption to give you some idea...

190db is estimated to be the point of sound that would kill a person. 

The tallest building that is completely unoccupied is the Ryugyong Hotel in Pyongyang, North Korea. Although it had reached its full height of 330 m (1,082 ft) the building was not finished when construction was halted in 1992. The hotel is the world's 18th tallest building and would be the world's tallest hotel if completed.

The hotel was said to have been built in anticipation of a joint Olympic Games between the two Koreas, but was abandoned when the Games went to South Korea.

20190323_083715.jpg

• Subscriber
10 hours ago, Harry said:

The tallest building that is completely unoccupied is the Ryugyong Hotel in Pyongyang, North Korea. Although it had reached its full height of 330 m (1,082 ft) the building was not finished when construction was halted in 1992. The hotel is the world's 18th tallest building and would be the world's tallest hotel if completed.

The hotel was said to have been built in anticipation of a joint Olympic Games between the two Koreas, but was abandoned when the Games went to South Korea.

20190323_083715.jpg

Looks a bit like Darth Vader fortress on Mustafar... xD 

star-wars-darth-vader-mustafar-990909.jp

• Subscriber
11 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

A map of the moon??? 

Farther away than the moon but good guess, I will give you that one, I had my money on you or @nudge working that one out.

Tiger Stripes...Magnified!

During two close flybys of Saturn’s moon Enceladus in 2008, the cameras on NASA's Cassini acquired several very high-resolution images of specific regions of the south polar terrain. These images have been used to construct this detailed mosaic of the moon's famous tiger stripe fractures.

https://solarsystem.nasa.gov/resources/14342/tiger-stripesmagnified/

• The topic was pinned
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived