talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

New Stadium/Development

football forum

1 hour ago, Spike said:

Exciting times for you mate. It is nice to see they kept a traditional style. KISS Keep it simple stupid

The stadium will be unique, small, but hopefully on top of each other to create a good atmosphere. It's a shame we'll no longer be the stadium with a pub on each corner, hopefully those pubs will still be used by away fans as much as they will the home fans.

On 30/03/2017 at 08:46, SirBalon said:

Some of it looks like when Highbury (the old Arsenal Stadium) was remodelled.

Thanks for clearing that up that you were talking about Highbury the old arsenal stadium. I though you were talking about Highbury in Argentina:ph34r:

• Administrator
26 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

Thanks for clearing that up that you were talking about Highbury the old arsenal stadium. I though you were talking about Highbury in Argentina:ph34r:

4 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

I have no idea what you just meant there.  o.O

I originally thought he meant Fleetwood's stadium but was thankful for the clarification.

1 minute ago, Stan said:

I originally thought he meant Fleetwood's stadium but was thankful for the clarification.

Hahaha xD

Theres a genuine reason for the clarification in that post and it's to do with being a local living and brought up in the Highbury area.  It's an automatism that comes out naturally when in reference to the Old Highbury Stadium because The Emirates is still regarded as Highbury for the locals and the plus in all of this is because Highbury is an area within a borough which the stadium got its name from.  Remodelling Highbury when talking locally could mean anything but I forgot that here we have genuine understanding on London's geography coupled with local football history in the London Borough of Islington! :ph34r:

@Gunnersauraus is someone I shouldn't have underestimated in the slightest... He's one quick kipper! ;)

40 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Hahaha xD

Theres a genuine reason for the clarification in that post and it's to do with being a local living and brought up in the Highbury area.  It's an automatism that comes out naturally when in reference to the Old Highbury Stadium because The Emirates is still regarded as Highbury for the locals and the plus in all of this is because Highbury is an area within a borough which the stadium got its name from.  Remodelling Highbury when talking locally could mean anything but I forgot that here we have genuine understanding on London's geography coupled with local football history in the London Borough of Islington! :ph34r:

@Gunnersauraus is someone I shouldn't have underestimated in the slightest... He's one quick kipper! ;)

I barukuda'd your ass :banana:

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

The stadium is really starting to take shape now and I’m looking forward to seeing it packed out. A lot of our fans have been upset by the multicoloured seats but I think they give it some character that a big colour block could lack

26 minutes ago, Pyfish said:

Looks really nice. Envy you for getting it all done in a relatively good time frame. We've been waiting for our new stadium my entire lifetime almost!

In fairness it has been a long time coming, stadiums these days once the building is ready there’s not a lot of waiting unless it’s a mammoth task like Wembley or the new Spurs stadium where the owners underestimate how long it’ll take to complete for political reasons

• 2 weeks later...

Lovely ground is Griffin Park, the epitome of a proper old English league ground that has aged perfectly. Will be a shame to see it go, but I can imagine it is well at odds with what the future needs, especially if they end up getting promoted. The new place looks decent too, has a bit of character already I think.

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...