talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

New Stadium/Development

football forum

I genuinely like the seats, they could be more red instead of yellow but I like the dotted look. Looks good on Sporting’s stadium and I think it does on ours

A lot of people feeling like the new stadium doesn’t represent Brentford though and the seating arrangement is a big part of that for them

I think most don’t care too much though 

I also think at first it does seem to have a legoy feel to it but once you see the pictures from inside, and then once our colours go up around the ground and on the hoardings I think it’s actually really good

Edited by Danny

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Not much change but London Irish have posted the most recent image of the stadium, a lot of the concrete has been covered in red boarding which does make the stadium look more like our stadium. I really like what they’ve done with it 

27 minutes ago, Stan said:

Rumours of our East Stand expansion looking like this from the outside (obviously a very basic graphic at the moment)

B444B4F6-8285-4DD5-BE13-FC9BB4C6C9FE.jpe

Be interesting to see how that turns out inside

• 6 months later...

A vlog someone took at the ground against Bournemouth, atmosphere sounds great considering it was a reduced capacity and the stadium looks so much better when you see it from the perspective of someone in there.

On 22/11/2020 at 15:02, Stan said:

Rumours of our East Stand expansion looking like this from the outside (obviously a very basic graphic at the moment)

B444B4F6-8285-4DD5-BE13-FC9BB4C6C9FE.jpe

Looks great.. and much needed I’d say, as the Leicester ground does look quiet dull and generic as it stands.

4 hours ago, DNA said:

Looks great.. and much needed I’d say, as the Leicester ground does look quiet dull and generic as it stands.

I think if they done that on both sides it'd look really good

• 2 months later...

My dad got a couple free tickets to a West Ham game (he supports them) so went along to see the Atalanta friendly today.

Really weird stadium, you can see the effort they’ve made inside to make it seem like it’s West Ham’s, and how they’ve tried to make it closer to the pitch. But it just doesn’t feel like a football stadium, more just a sports stadium where football is played. But with that said the pitch isn’t as far away as is made out.

The outside of the ground is just a Westfield, new build flats and open parklands. Quite soulless in that regard, if you’ve ever been to an Olympic stadium abroad it has a similar feel. Much like Hackney Wick it can seem like a place for hipsters.

Cannot stress how important a high street or residential housing is to a good stadium, they’ve done their best trying to brand it and make it look and feel West Ham, but really if you didn’t know about the history of the site it is very clear from the onset that it was never built for them

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Stan said:

I can't wait for this to be finished :x

Much better, as in it’s current state.. the king power looks like a generic default fifa stadium, this will add much needed character.

• Administrator
34 minutes ago, DNA said:

Much better, as in it’s current state.. the king power looks like a generic default fifa stadium, this will add much needed character.

Agreed. A hell of a lot of regeneration around that end of the stadium, too. Event area, residential block and a hotel. And also a bigger flagship store too.

It's a new era in what is already a defining period in the club's history.

I can't believe we used to play in this at the start of the century for a few years:

oct-1996-a-general-view-of-filbert-stree

And now we're expanding on what was already a big step up for us when the current stadium was built.

• Administrator
38 minutes ago, Danny said:

Looks good, glad they kept with that alien vibe. Shame half the video was about a hotel and events arena lol, would be nice to see inside the stand.

ask and ye shall receive

Leicester-image-4-e1628776709670-1024x68

• Upvote 1

• Administrator
5 minutes ago, Danny said:

Looks nice, assuming they're making no real existing changes to the stand there and just building on top of it?

I've not read the full details of the expansion but I believe there will be more exec/VIP boxes and it'll link in some way to the North/South stands so it doesn't look like it's just plonked on top. A lot of the work (aside from structurally inside adding all the seats) will be the façade on the outside. It'll be designed in a way to aid future expansions to those other two stands as well.  

• 11 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

There is a Villa Park redevelopment lined up, awaiting final green light. Will be a new North Stand & further enhancements to the Trinity Road Stand. Increasing capacity to around 50,000, currently at just over 42,000.

I guess it is nice to redevelop if possible.

Apparently some vague idea of getting a piece of Euro 2028.

Edited by Reluctant Striker

• 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • Administrator

Man City expanding to 60,000...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/65308511

Manchester City have submitted a planning application for a £300m expansion of Etihad Stadium.

The club want to increase the current capacity of 53,400 to 60,000 by expanding the North Stand.

Proposals include a sky bar overlooking the pitch and a stadium roof walk experience.

A 3,000-capacity fan zone, new club shop and museum, and 400-bed hotel have also been proposed in the application to Manchester City Council.

The club say the project, which would take three years to complete, would create a "best-in-class fan experience and year-round entertainment and leisure destination".

The planning application follows a consultation with fans and the local community.

City say the proposals represent more than £300m investment into east Manchester, and could create 2,600 jobs, with priority for people from Greater Manchester.

There are also plans for new office spaces for businesses that want to work in collaboration with the club and their partners.

In August, City announced discussions were in a primary phase to expand the two-tier North Stand to three tiers, but their planning application proposes to expand the single upper tier above the existing lower tier.

"As with all Club developments, ensuring our local community benefit is a key priority and we believe these proposals will deliver long-term economic and social opportunities, building on the regeneration work delivered in east Manchester by City Football Group since 2008," said Danny Wilson, managing director of Manchester City Operations.

The Etihad was built for the 2002 Commonwealth Games and has been home to the Premier League champions since 2003.

An expansion in 2015 added 6,000 seats and the ground currently has the fifth-largest capacity of Premier League stadiums.