talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

New Stadium/Development

football forum

football forum
2 hours ago, Cannabis said:

Looks like screenshots from Football Manager 2013.

34 minutes ago, Romesh said:

Looks like something you'd make on LMA Manager 2003. 

Copying jokes is not cool Stanley! :ph34r:

football forum
13 minutes ago, Smiley Culture said:

That looks like a horrific mess of metal and greyness. 

That is Brentford in a nutshell to be fair.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

So as of not so long ago the club made some alterations to the stadium, have reduced the capacity to 17,250 from 20,000. The stadium has gone from being single tiered across the sides if the pitch and doubled tiered behind the goals to being entirely single tiered. There have been some less interesting changes made to the neutral but here are the pictures so far...the inside of the stadium still subject to change however the general structure has been settled upon (though not yet passed off by LBH).

LR1.thumb.png.b7adaea7837d475edc70742aa829da86.pngLR2.thumb.png.0fa6143dc2bf2688891aae477d7d99ae.pngLR3.thumb.png.19c88b901e9e2bdbf2a5bbaa41469e15.pngLR4.thumb.png.1f828445c1af6b6a955567e175b9ffc5.png

• Administrator
5 minutes ago, Danny said:

So as of not so long ago the club made some alterations to the stadium, have reduced the capacity to 17,250 from 20,000. The stadium has gone from being single tiered across the sides if the pitch and doubled tiered behind the goals to being entirely single tiered. There have been some less interesting changes made to the neutral but here are the pictures so far...the inside of the stadium still subject to change however the general structure has been settled upon (though not yet passed off by LBH).

LR4.thumb.png.1f828445c1af6b6a955567e175b9ffc5.png

why has it gone to single tier?

I like the look of it though. Looks like the main stand (top left pic) has room for expansion with those 'folded down' ends. Could easily join up next to/over the adjacent stands. 

Looks like it'll be close to the pitch as well which should make for a good atmosphere and it appears to have kept some traditional feel to it with 4 separate stands as opposed to overly-modernised, futuristic, bowl-like stadiums you sometimes get these days. 

3 minutes ago, Stan said:

why has it gone to single tier?

I like the look of it though. Looks like the main stand (top left pic) has room for expansion with those 'folded down' ends. Could easily join up next to/over the adjacent stands. 

Looks like it'll be close to the pitch as well which should make for a good atmosphere and it appears to have kept some traditional feel to it with 4 separate stands as opposed to overly-modernised, futuristic, bowl-like stadiums you sometimes get these days. 

The stadium is built in extremely tight land, it's basically a triangle inside train tracks. Which creates the corners you mentioned, one of those corners can't be extended on because of the train track that essentially curves into it. The corner on the opposite side will be cut off by a public road that's being created, so those corners won't be filled in.

The completion of the stadium essentially relies on Wilmott Dixon who will be putting flats up on the land, originally there was no road behind the north stand. The stadium has been moved 3m south to allow the road to be built, which will allow the flats to be built at the same time as the stadium so they can get people in them and them sold/rented out ASAP.

It's gone to single tier I believe because to make the stadium smaller structurally would make it easier to build, to we lost the two upper tiers behind the goals and the capacity that came with them.

• Administrator
6 minutes ago, Danny said:

The stadium is built in extremely tight land, it's basically a triangle inside train tracks. Which creates the corners you mentioned, one of those corners can't be extended on because of the train track that essentially curves into it. The corner on the opposite side will be cut off by a public road that's being created, so those corners won't be filled in.

The completion of the stadium essentially relies on Wilmott Dixon who will be putting flats up on the land, originally there was no road behind the north stand. The stadium has been moved 3m south to allow the road to be built, which will allow the flats to be built at the same time as the stadium so they can get people in them and them sold/rented out ASAP.

It's gone to single tier I believe because to make the stadium smaller structurally would make it easier to build, to we lost the two upper tiers behind the goals and the capacity that came with them.

sounds like getting to and around the stadium will be quite busy with it being so compact and the stadium being squeezed in. What's the plot of land it's being built on? 

1 hour ago, Stan said:

sounds like getting to and around the stadium will be quite busy with it being so compact and the stadium being squeezed in. What's the plot of land it's being built on? 

Yeah there'll be one main entrance I believe from Kew Bridge Station, and then maybe a minor one at the back end of the stadium. I believe there maybe a passage from a disused railway tunnel but I don't know the ins and outs. It'll be a small little ground though.

Fortunately it's still in Brentford and whilst not surrounded by 4 pubs plus the rest nearby, it'll still be located decently as opposed to some industrial estate on the edge of town. That was essentially the option, a smaller ground in Brentford or a bigger ground on the other side of Hounslow. The land itself was a business park I believe.

I don't like it to be honest. Think it looks horrendous, like something you would make out of junk modelling at school. But equally, it's refreshing to see something that isn't a bowl.

Just a question on the capacity. Griffin Park holds 12,300. This new ground will hold 17,200. An increase of roughly 4,000. What is the point? Seems a bit daft to me...

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Lucas said:

I don't like it to be honest. Think it looks horrendous, like something you would make out of junk modelling at school. But equally, it's refreshing to see something that isn't a bowl.

Just a question on the capacity. Griffin Park holds 12,300. This new ground will hold 17,200. An increase of roughly 4,000. What is the point? Seems a bit daft to me...

There is no future at Griffin Park facilities-wise. The owner aims to be in the Premiership and Griffin Park isn't and will never be Premier League standard, I imagine also our losses will be less with the new stadium than Griffin Park.

The model of the exterior I don't believe is what it'll actually look like, structurally it will but there are shitloads of plans regarding the different materials from rock to glass being used.

13 hours ago, Danny said:

There is no future at Griffin Park facilities-wise. The owner aims to be in the Premiership and Griffin Park isn't and will never be Premier League standard, I imagine also our losses will be less with the new stadium than Griffin Park.

The model of the exterior I don't believe is what it'll actually look like, structurally it will but there are shitloads of plans regarding the different materials from rock to glass being used.

Fair do's, it's better to always wait till the ground is complete anyway to judge so will reserve my thoughts. I just would have liked to see Brentford build a stadium they could grow into and not grow out of which I fear they could do here. That said, if they would struggle to fill a 20k stadium then it's better to have it 80/90% full than 60%.

4 hours ago, Lucas said:

Fair do's, it's better to always wait till the ground is complete anyway to judge so will reserve my thoughts. I just would have liked to see Brentford build a stadium they could grow into and not grow out of which I fear they could do here. That said, if they would struggle to fill a 20k stadium then it's better to have it 80/90% full than 60%.

That's part of the thought process, we can't fill Griffin Park week in week out so a 20k will largely be the same.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...