talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Simon Mignolet - Club Brugge-Bound

Besiktas have made contact with Liverpool over a deal for Simon Mignolet, Sky Sports News understands.

The Turkish club need to sign a new goalkeeper after selling Fabri to Fulham for close to £5m last week.

Mignolet is potentially available after the Reds signed Alisson in a world-record £67m deal for a goalkeeper.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Barcelona are among the clubs interested in signing Liverpool goalkeeper Simon Mignolet, according to Sky sources.

Last week we brought you the news that Besiktas had made contact about a move, but according to Sky sources they’re yet to follow it up with a firm approach.

Mignolet has fallen further down the pecking order at Anfield since the world record arrival of Alisson from Roma.[/quote[

16 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

This has to be troll central. Regardless of how shite his attributes are he's not a Barcelona player, he's just not of that mould.

He's like the least suited to Barca goalkeeper I can imagine. His distribution is utterly shite, that's important for a Barca keeper.

Having said that, I hope he moves there. Awful keeper.

I remember he saved a pen against Stoke on the opening day the season we signed him and thought he was gonna be class. everything he did after that was tragic, This is definitely a troll attempt but if it actually happens then at least we will get to laugh at Barca for once.

28 minutes ago, Marc said:

It would be like Chelsea signing Green. Barca still have Ter Stegen and the Dutch keeper

Green's an old fart and he was on a free transfer, which makes sense as a 3rd choice keeper. His wage demands won't be anywhere near as high as a player that's looking to get his career back on track.

Personally, I think this is all absolute bollocks. Firstly, why the fuck would Barca want a keeper that's awful at distribution and is an average (at best) shot stopper? Secondly, Mignolet wants to move somewhere he's going to actually play - at least according to reports from Belgium/LFC journos pretty much all summer long. Considering that goal, why move to Barca to be 3rd or 2nd choice keeper? To train with Messi? Better weather?

5 minutes ago, Marc said:

Yes I think it's bollocks also, but if he did move to Barca with their current squad he would be third choice and play the same amount of minutes as Green

Which begs the question, why would Barcelona even bother spending money on a him? ... especially considering what our previous 3rd choice keeper went for.

• The topic was locked
  • The topic was unlocked
  • 10 months later...
  • The title was changed to Simon Mignolet - Club Brugge-Bound
13 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Why? Theres no way we will sign a better number 2 than Migs. 

"no way"? Klopp, Edwards, etc. have done a great job putting our squad together. I'd be shocked if they couldn't find someone better than Simon Mignolet.

2 hours ago, LFCMike said:

€7m rising to €9m

That's a decent deal for Brugge.

Migs isn't a keeper for a CL contender but he's good at any other level. He does well as a big fish in a small pond so he'll surely dominate for Brugge.

Still though not a bad move to get a #2 on lower wages.

• The topic was locked

Archived