talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Claudio Pizarro Fußballgott

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, UK Grun Weiss said:

Embarrassing. Pizarro is well past his best and he is the only one to benefit from this move. His signing will mean fewer chances for young players such as Sergeant.

Are you Sergeant? 

• 5 months later...
  • Subscriber

I reckon it's a great time to bring this thread back to life. Surely even the bitterest of the critics can now admit that this has worked out well already?...

Just give the man a new contract :x xD

giphy.gif

• 2 weeks later...

I know the record is not his main priority, but he's genuinely trying his hardest to not let Lewandowski take that from him.

Unfortunately I don't think it will be enough to stop the inevitable but can't fault his efforts at all.

I will say though, here in Peru people are getting ahead of themselves. "Pizarro is the best Peruvian of all time".

Don't get me wrong, he doesn't deserve the stick he gets here, especially given he is our most successful player ever. He's still not better than the likes of what we had in the 1970's and early 1980's though.

11 hours ago, Blue said:

I know the record is not his main priority, but he's genuinely trying his hardest to not let Lewandowski take that from him.

Unfortunately I don't think it will be enough to stop the inevitable but can't fault his efforts at all.

Maybe he just enjoys playing football. 

• Subscriber

Officially announced right before the kick off today! Claudio stays for one more year (at least xD^_^

...then he goes on and scores the 88th minute winning goal against Leipzig after being brought on as a substitute. 

Legend! :x

D63GiKWW0AAtyIS.jpg

Here in Peru we were getting the inevitable false rumours of him returning to Alianza Lima. I think he'd do a great job here but it is a dream and nothing more. He is happy in Germany and will continue renewing his contract there until the end of time, which is fine really. Especially if he keeps scoring goals at that age.

• Subscriber
7 minutes ago, Grizzly21 said:

Here in Peru we were getting the inevitable false rumours of him returning to Alianza Lima. I think he'd do a great job here but it is a dream and nothing more. He is happy in Germany and will continue renewing his contract there until the end of time, which is fine really. Especially if he keeps scoring goals at that age.

5 goals (3rd best in team together with Klaassen and Maxi Eggestein) and 2 assists in 26 league matches mostly as substitute (less than 700 minutes in total). Add to that 2 goals in 4 DFB-Pokal matches (less than 140 minutes in total); including the equaliser against BVB in extra time. But most importantly, his presence on the pitch alone makes a huge impact on the rest of the team and often also on the outcome of the match; not to mention his impact off the pitch. 

Absolute legend.

16 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Ah Claudio, yes. I remember his debut in Bundesliga. 

1qybqz.jpg

And I remember his departure from Alianza...

Quite an impressive way to end your time at the club it must be said

• 2 months later...
  • Subscriber
4 minutes ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

He's modern days Stanley Matthews, he deserves all the praise as a legend he gets. Although I expected him to retire soon it's kind of saddening to hear the decision to do so was taken.

To be fair the statement "this is my last season, I'm quite sure" still leaves some space for changing his mind and staying for just one more season though :D 

• 1 month later...

Archived