talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

July 2018 - Member of the Month

football forum

• Administrator

It seems like July is this guy's month. 

After winning it last year in July, it's taken another 12 months for him to win again.

Predominantly for running a great 'Last Man Standing' competition to boost activity during the World Cup, as well as making some stellar posts in general all over the forum, this month's winner is of course...

@RandoEFC

We managed to get live pictures of Rando as he was told about the achievement...

Image result for everton fan gif

We hope that the domestic version of Last Man Standing is just as successful - obviously it's not just the running of the competition that makes you stand out; it's the sensible posting, involvement and contribution to a record-breaking period in TF365's history which helped you garner most votes :). Do keep it up, sir!

In 2nd and 3rd were @El Profesor and @Dr. Gonzo respectively :).

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

this award is set-up for the friends and people who yes sir the staff. 

This is actually very true. The MOTM should be voted by the members like in the old days. If you don't get along with the staff but you get along with everyone else, you have no chance of winning it. 

I know this is a wind up but I actually agree with this bit and that TAD should have won it once.

Just now, Cannabis said:

Instead of being so offended that you haven't won it yet why not congratulate members that have made this forum a great place to be? Every month you moan in these threads. 

Case in point xD

Every time you get criticized constructively you could do better than crying every single time and dishing out warnings. Its sad tbh

-----------------------------------------------------------------

I forgot my manners and wanted to congratulate Rando anyhow. I'm not sure how he did this month as I haven't been as active or am a part of LMS but he is always a great read and regardless of who's done better or worse this month it doesn't surprise me he takes it. El Profesor is always great however, and while I love Gonzo, again I haven't been as active to comment.

• Administrator
9 minutes ago, Blue said:

This is actually very true. The MOTM should be voted by the members like in the old days. If you don't get along with the staff but you get along with everyone else, you have no chance of winning it. 

I know this is a wind up but I actually agree with this bit and that TAD should have won it once.

you know this probably wouldn't work - you'd get Teso/Nick/Marc all voting for each other every single month and your theory gets blown out the window.

Just now, Stan said:

you know this probably wouldn't work - you'd get Teso/Nick/Marc all voting for each other every single month and your theory gets blown out the window.

I mean this is true, but I don't think the votes would add up enough to be the winner.

Ultimately I don't really care and its not my decision nor my forum, but I do think it does add up to a more valuable winner. None of these months do I think I deserved to win this award, but I do think that last month El Profesor was the clear winner, with all due respect to my good pal Devon von Devon. With others voting I have no doubt he would have won. Same with Spike a few times last year.

At the end of the day its not a big deal as its just a silly internet award that encourages quality posts, not meant to be treated as a competition but it was brought up and I agreed, and keep in mind its not often I agree with Teso nor do I think he has similar intentions as me, but he's got a point.

If 40-50 people are voting a large chunk will not have been exposed to some of the candidates at all and that could distort results. Therefore what matters most for fairness is whether across staff we have a well weighted variety to balance out each others blindspots. That produces the more accurate and fair result.

2 hours ago, Blue said:

I mean this is true, but I don't think the votes would add up enough to be the winner.

Ultimately I don't really care and its not my decision nor my forum, but I do think it does add up to a more valuable winner. None of these months do I think I deserved to win this award, but I do think that last month El Profesor was the clear winner, with all due respect to my good pal Devon von Devon. With others voting I have no doubt he would have won. Same with Spike a few times last year.

At the end of the day its not a big deal as its just a silly internet award that encourages quality posts, not meant to be treated as a competition but it was brought up and I agreed, and keep in mind its not often I agree with Teso nor do I think he has similar intentions as me, but he's got a point.

Well in hindsight, you point is extremely valid that being voted on my members 'sounds' good, I just don't think it would work. 

To argue with @Teso dos Bichos, I'd say that I, and others, have voted for people who don't necessary get along with, or even like. 

But you have mods/admins that lurk in the Spanish Forum, English, Championship, Serie A, Ligue 1, and MLS, so there are rarely, if ever, members who really contribute to be awarded the MOTM that get grossly overlooked. 

This was a clear cut choice, and I urge you to just read the LMS threads if you or anyone disagree. All absolute class to read xD

16 hours ago, Stan said:

Yeah but then they all vote for each other and the rest of us would probably vote for the actual best member of the month because we’re not weirdos who need to do the TF365 equivalent of a 3-man Dutch rudder to feel good about ourselves.

7 hours ago, Cannabis said:

Madness how @Blue claims he's not interested in this award yet used to PM the staff team around the end of the month to see where he was in the standings.

Anyone claiming they don’t care about this and then every month bitches that they or their buddies didn’t get the award obviously cares about the award. Some might argue they care waaaaaaaaaaaay too much.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived