talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

July 2018 - Member of the Month

football forum

56 minutes ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

😂😂😂 Please tell me you trollin'. Talk about being desperate 😂

Honest question @Blue whats most likely to come first: you losing your Virginity or winning this award? I believe the second coming of Jesus Christ is more likely to happen first but that's just me. 

I'm here and I never won this award once in over ten years.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

😂😂😂 Please tell me you trollin'. Talk about being desperate 😂

Honest question @Blue whats most likely to come first: you losing your Virginity or winning this award? I believe the second coming of Jesus Christ is more likely to happen first but that's just me. 

He's lying. I actually did send a PM once to Stan but that's because he jokingly said I was the winner. It's not like I sent pms per month to ask how I ended up.

edit: I actually do remember now what Cannabis is talking about but that was a year ago. Times change.

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Gunnersauraus said:

How do you vote for this? I vote @Dr. Gonzo just because he's a nice bloke. Or @SirBalon just because the acceptance speech will be really funny. And long don't forget long.

only staff vote which all members of this forum are satisfied with :ph34r: 

22 hours ago, The Palace Fan said:

I'm here and I never won this award once in over ten years.

I've never been nominated in 11 beat that. Its all politics 

11 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Very subjective viewpoint 

My viewpoint has remained the same even before I was made a staff member.

The current members of staff cover all sections of the forum. Given the disparity of posts within the forum, it's likely that if members voted the winner will almost certainly be somebody that posts regularly in the Premier League section. Or people will vote solely on reputation which is often nothing more than a popularity contest.

Contrarily to popular opinion, we don't sit in the staff room all agreeing with each other. People are expected to rationalise their decisions which have been criticised.

The current method is the most fair method to gain a balanced perspective.

12 minutes ago, Cicero said:

I personally don't care how its done. I'd rather we'd all focus to drive more traffic in to the forum vs debating on how this MOTM thing should be handled. 

We're efficient enough to focus on driving traffic to the forum, which we've been doing very well with the World Cup and transfer rumours, and address any concerns our members have.

56 minutes ago, Devon Von Devon said:

It should be like this member of the month gets to pick the next member of the month.

In this way Blue and Teso will be winning it forever.

They probably won't there not the best of friends 

1 hour ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I don’t think we have a say mate, but thanks that made me feel nice :D

We should get a say thats democracy :ph34r:

• Administrator
4 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

We should get a say thats democracy :ph34r:

you can have your say. no-one preventing this. but staff don't always have to agree to all suggestions made :). Staff are allowed their own opinions too. 

1 hour ago, Stan said:

you can have your say. no-one preventing this. but staff don't always have to agree to all suggestions made :). Staff are allowed their own opinions too. 

So we can have our opinions but you don't listen. Thats a dictatorship adulf stan

Just now, Gunnersauraus said:

So we can have our opinions but you don't listen. Thats a dictatorship adulf stan

You don't understand dictatorship then. We don't ban or punish anyone for their suggestions or opinions (unless racist, sexist, or offensive). But on the same token, we don't implement all suggestions.

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

Preach it, Chris. That's essentially what it comes down to. 

14 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

Quote me where I say that staff don't listen. 

I'll wait. 

I don't see why everyone cares so much about this tbh. I don't see anything wrong with the staff making a pick, I'm also assuming they go off things like how popular the posts are with rep and stuff. Things they can objectively measure as well as their own opinions. And that rep stuff is essentially us having our say. I make this assumption because the month I won member of the month I was getting positive rep like fucking crazy all month, so I must have been posting something people were enjoying.

Let's not give the staff shit for no reason.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived