talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Ben Woodburn - Sheff Utd Complete Loan Deal

@Fairy In Boots

@LFCMadLad @Dr. Gonzo @Rick

@Harry @Mel81x @LFCMike @Burning Gold @IgnisExcubitor @UNORTHODOX @tarzanontoast @YNWA 

Aston Villa are looking to secure a season-long loan deal for Liverpool's Ben Woodburn, according to Sky sources.

Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp is a big admirer of the Wales international but believes a season at the right club would be advantageous.

Villa are not the only club interested, though. Sky Sports News understands an approach from Wigan was rejected and Sheffield United are also keen.

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think he’s one of the players many LFC fans expect to make the next step to the first team. A loan will be good for him, he needs regular football. And at a club like Villa who are likely to be competing for promotion would be a great experience for him. He’s got loads of quality, just needs some good experience before he’s ready to be a squad player for us imo.

• The title was changed to Ben Woodburn - Sheff Utd Set to Complete Loan Deal
3 hours ago, Stan said:

Apparently. Sheff Utd about to sign him.

Yeah looks like we were waiting for Villa to sell Grealish, which now looks like it isn’t happening and we wanted him to go somewhere he’s most likely to get as much time on the pitch.

11 hours ago, Fairy In Boots said:

I heard that the deal included penalties if game time quotas weren’t met. This didn’t include game time or loss of form so we said no, Sheff United are ok with it. 

Have to say clever from Liverpool to ensure game time

They did the same with us last season for Grujic.

13 hours ago, Fairy In Boots said:

I heard that the deal included penalties if game time quotas weren’t met. This didn’t include game time or loss of form so we said no, Sheff United are ok with it. 

Have to say clever from Liverpool to ensure game time

We've been doing it to all of our loans with young players for a few years now - we were also worried about Grealish staying and Woodburn getting less opportunity. I don't blame Villa for balking at the clause though - here's a kid coming into a side that's trying to challenge for promotion and these clauses, as you mention, are still requiring Woodburn to play if he's well out of form for a minimum # of minutes per game. At the same time, I don't blame us for adding the clause in for him too - because the whole reason we want him to go out is so he can get as much first team as football as possible this season and grow as a player.

He's a talented lad, He probably should have got more opportunities here but it's virtually impossible with the form our front 3 were in last season. Hope he gets some solid game time to prove himself. That goal he scored on his debut was brilliant, the look on his face followed by his celebration when he smashed it in was priceless.

• Administrator
On 01/08/2018 at 12:25, The Palace Fan said:

Hes signed for The Blades and will be straight in my fantasy team.

gone in to mine today. surprised he's so cheap 😮 

Archived