The better place to talk football.

2018/19 Football League > 3rd-7th August

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
12 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Ashley Williams signs for Stoke and their defence turns to shit - coincidence 🤔

hate to break it to you but he's not playing...

• Administrator

3-1 win for Leeds and it's happy days for @Lucas, not so for @Dickie.

Leeds 100% deserved the 3 points though. They'll be great to watch under Bielsa if today is anything to go by. 

Strong defence, midfield and attack playing quick, one-touch, free-flowing football at times. Goal threat in Roofe with Saiz supplying his other attacking players. Not a bad young keeper in Bailey Peacock-Farrell either.

Douglas and Ayling were great on each flank, too. 

I don’t think it’s easy to bounce back at all now, I think Rafa sorted Newcastle out otherwise they would still be down here.

I think Stoke & the Baggies will struggle initially before they get back into the grove.. Swansea look ok 

so far Leeds are my pick for promotion as champions. 

Forrest need more I’m not having it they’re going up. 

Villa/ Brentford/ Derby/ Stoke / Millwall / Swansea / Boro / Baggies are all playoff runners & riders. 

Leeds were clearly the better team, and looked like true title contenders. It was great to finally see this Leeds team control the game against another strong team, and the crowd and stadium looked awesome. 

Congrats to @Lucas, I know it's just the start, but damn what an inspiring way to start off the season. 

Reasonably happy with an away point in the circumstances. Hernandez could have a good season, them goals will give him plenty of confidence. Both well taken after very good runs. We have a fans favourite vacancy after Maddison's move and Herndanez is an early front runner to slot in.

Farke needs to take the shackles off and play with more creativity in midfield. Fuck knows why Stiepermann played. Jamal Lewis in for Husband next game too.

We had the minimum 7 homegrown players in the squad, which could be problematic throughout the season. Any more incomings surely need to tick the homegrown box.

While very funny, that is also extremely impressive that he is obviously working on learning the language. From my perspective, the biggest problem people have in learning a new language is the fear of using it with locals and being 'embarrassed'. Obviously not the case here and so I'm rather impressed!

Kudos to Bielsa! :congrats:

2 minutes ago, Stan said:

it's funny the way he is being told what to say though xD

Still his words though. He said it in Spanish, translator speaks it in his ears in English, and then Keisla tries to mimic his words. 😂

• Administrator

Hull take the lead! Evandro loops in a shot from the edge of the box. Villa had players on the line but it still found its way through. Slightly fortunate! 1-0.

• Administrator
5 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

What's Elphick going there?! 

scoring the equaliser :ph34r: 

Elphick scores from a Grealish corner. 1-1.

• Administrator

Villa take the lead!

Elmohamady scores - It was bound to happen. It's a goal against his former club! He's come back to bite that hand that used to feed him!

15 minutes ago, Stan said:

Villa take the lead!

Elmohamady scores - It was bound to happen. It's a goal against his former club! He's come back to bite that hand that used to feed him!

Marshall had some dodgy distribution at times with us, but never usually that bad. The Marshall of old would have probably saved the shot as well.

Fuck knows what has happened to him.

11 minutes ago, Stan said:

Alan Hutton makes it 3-1.

You must be seriously shite to let him run through and score.

Marshall definitely can't be blamed for that. There's four Hull players around him ffs. xD

• Administrator
4 minutes ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

Marshall had some dodgy distribution at times with us, but never usually that bad. The Marshall of old would have probably saved the shot as well.

Fuck knows what has happened to him.

Marshall definitely can't be blamed for that. There's four Hull players around him ffs. xD

that De Wijs guy, one of the centre-backs for Hull, was utterly shite. Couldn't control the ball, backed off for Hutton's goal and I think he was the guy who got caught under the ball and didn't mark Elphick for the first goal. Very poor from him and Hull overall.

Good result, Hull are in a relegation battle as they’re Gash with a capital G. 

Still expect signings because it’s same old from Villa, lump it to Kodjia. It’s only good enough to beat the dross of the league, I think we’ll get done by Swansea & Leeds, but I expect to be a challenge to everyone else. Probably get beat in the playoff final again by a footballing side. 

It’s like shitting in your hand and clapping watching Steve Bruce football. 

• The title was changed to 2018/19 Football League > 3rd-7th August
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived