talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

2018/19 Football League > 3rd-7th August

9 hours ago, Fairy In Boots said:

Good result, Hull are in a relegation battle as they’re Gash with a capital G. 

Still expect signings because it’s same old from Villa, lump it to Kodjia. It’s only good enough to beat the dross of the league, I think we’ll get done by Swansea & Leeds, but I expect to be a challenge to everyone else. Probably get beat in the playoff final again by a footballing side. 

It’s like shitting in your hand and clapping watching Steve Bruce football. 

I think you need to swallow your pride now and accept he's done well at turning the ship.

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He hasn't turned the ship at all. I love winding my villa mate up and saying Bruce has done a good job but he's done an awful job. The most expensive squad ever in the championship, hasn't achieved promotion and has played awful football.

19 hours ago, Fairy In Boots said:

Good result, Hull are in a relegation battle as they’re Gash with a capital G. 

Still expect signings because it’s same old from Villa, lump it to Kodjia. It’s only good enough to beat the dross of the league, I think we’ll get done by Swansea & Leeds, but I expect to be a challenge to everyone else. Probably get beat in the playoff final again by a footballing side. 

It’s like shitting in your hand and clapping watching Steve Bruce football. 

Not sure what to expect on Saturday. We were excellent against Sheff Wed and if we play with that intensity and belief and press you high up the pitch then with out pace we can do some damage but Villa clearly have some top players. Our two centre halfs are huge so hopefully they'll win most things aerially. The new guy makes Akinfenwa look lightweight. My main concern is that whilst they're clearly individually talented our back line is ridiculously young. You'd expect us to lose but we'll surprise a few sides this season I reckon.

• Administrator
10 minutes ago, tommy_wafc said:

Why are the two games randomly on tonight? What week were they initially meant to be played?

meant to be played in a couple of weeks (21st/22nd Aug) when the rest of the league play but no idea why it was moved to today.

• Administrator
Just now, tommy_wafc said:

Can only assume to fill the void of Premier League so Sky can show an extra game but I guess that only explains one of the two?

the Forest game was moved so it doesn't clash with the England/India test match at Trent Bridge.

Not sure why the Boro/Sheff Utd game moved xD 

Forgot to add...

Some of Leeds United linking up with last season's players looked great at times when going forwards through the likes of Said, Roode, Hernandez etc. That said, Stoke City showed moments of individual class, and as the season goes on, you wouldn't expect to concede from set pieces and a soft hand from the 'keeper. So I'm not reading too much in to that game.

I've seen the highlights of the Hull/Villa game. Not really sure what happened there for the first goal. It seemed a bit of a meh game with Villa being clinical late on. Jared Bowen looks like he will give Hull creative hope again.

• Administrator

Middlesbrough 3-0 up within 25 minutes 😮. Sheff Utd not starting this season too well.

Forest 0-0 West Brom but there's been some good play as well as wastefulness by both sides. Kind of game that needs a goal to really open it up.

Brom's Keeper got caught there but Florist couldn't capitalize. 

This is actually a fairly exciting match thus far, that Nottingham are in complete control of despite it being 0-0. 

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Eco said:

Brom's Keeper got caught there but Florist couldn't capitalize. 

This is actually a fairly exciting match thus far, that Nottingham are in complete control of despite it being 0-0. 

yeah there's individual quality on the pitch but neither side stringing several consecutive passes together when they have the ability to. Guediuora has sprayed a few good passes around to Darikwa who's getting up well from right-back. Grabban had the best chance with that error from Adarabioyo.

Look at the Middesborough match, what a tough start Sheffield United got. Starting off with a newly relegated team, and then traveling to one of the preseason favorites for promotion. I don't get that match, but they look to be getting totally controlled. 

Forest and WBA are tied 0-0 at Half-Time. 

Just now, Bluebird Hewitt said:

Forest deserve the lead so far. WBA have been shit today.

Forest need another goal before WBA nick one. 

Think Forest could/should be up by 2-3 goals. 

• Administrator

Really annoys me when corners get floated in right on top of the keeper, let alone when that keeper is about 10 ft tall like Pantilimon. Total waste.

• Administrator

The way this West Brom team are playing is a reason why you shouldn't give caretaker managers, who do well when originally hired, permanent contracts. 

Never works out well. Don't know why clubs do it :ph34r: 

West Brom are awful. Utterly devoid of any attacking threat and not at all safe at the back. Kyle Bartley and this Tosin Adebayiro (sp) turn over possession for fun. 

That said, for all the ball Forest have had they’ve not been that much better and haven’t created too many chances. 

• The title was changed to 2018/19 Football League > 3rd-7th August
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived