talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

2018/19 Football League > 3rd-7th August

Just now, Burning Gold said:

That's Harry Wilson, on loan from Liverpool. Wouldn't be surprised if Derby have to play him a certain number of times to avoid a financial penalty.

I know who he is, he's just been naff. Plus Derby didn't spend £4m on him.

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

Enjoyable game to start the season - not the most quality on show, but entertaining.

Derby do not deserve that at all - Reading the better side for most of the game, draw maybe just about fair, but that is smash and grab.

Reading look really short up front - they need Baldock get fit and firing or else it could be a long season. Derby's front three will be pretty exciting. Lawrence and Mount will be really good and get Marriott up there instead of Nugent and they should be potent. 

Hate that I missed the end but I had to go home. 

Congrats to Lampard and Derby. Reading should have scored more in the first, but Derby looked to have totally controlled the 2nd half. 

Neither side looked that threatening, Derby definitely look like they're just getting to grips with Lampard's playing style. I imagine we'll see a lot of their attacking move where their forwards flood the middle of the pitch at the edge of the box, drawing the defenders in, then playing a wide ball out to the left wing back who's charging in free who then crosses the ball back across goal. It looked well worked.

Readings pressing worked well for them but outside of that they weren't very threatening, only really benefitting from mistakes.

Derby are going to grow into a really good side.

4 minutes ago, Storts said:

Off to Stevenage v Tranmere today in the away end - looking forward to some league football again. Will report back later.

Anyone else off to a game?

Why you not supporting your local side? :ph34r:

21 hours ago, Eco said:

Just found out that ESPN+, which I have, will show a lot of English Championship games and a couple of lower league matches. 

This week, they are showing - 

Today's Match
Ipswich Town vs Blackburn
Sheffield United vs Swansea City
Sunderland vs Charlton Athletic
Leeds United vs Stoke City

giphy.gif

Mad that they're showing all of those games abroad but in this country, we only get a few of those games shown. 

Really fancy Sunderland to beat Charlton today. Charlton have only made a couple of signings this summer, have no first-team goalkeeper (Dillon Phillips has played in the National League and never any further up), they had four or five injuries to first teamers going into today's game and they've just announced that one of their better and more creative players, Jake Forster-Caskey will miss the whole of the season after doing his cruciate ligaments in training on Thursday. 

• Administrator

Maja scores with a left-foot shot low in to the near post. Keeper should be disappointed with that.

Sunderland weren't getting anywhere up til then. Charlton weren't really creating much either.

• The title was changed to 2018/19 Football League > 3rd-7th August
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived