talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Josh Magennis Joins Bolton from Charlton

Apparently we've had a bid of £350k for Josh Magennis accepted by Charlton.

Not quite the £1m for Charlie Wyke we were being warmed up for, and it's not even Joe Garner, who was second choice. Although, mustn't grumble, this would be the first transfer fee the club has paid... at all.. in almost 4 years.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, StefBWFC said:

Apparently we've had a bid of £350k for Josh Magennis accepted by Charlton.

Not quite the £1m for Charlie Wyke we were being warmed up for, and it's not even Joe Garner, who was second choice. Although, mustn't grumble, this would be the first transfer fee the club has paid... at all.. in almost 4 years.

He is pretty terrible though! I've seen a lot of Charlton fans very happy they are getting any kind of money for him.

18 minutes ago, roversgirl said:

He is pretty terrible though! I've seen a lot of Charlton fans very happy they are getting any kind of money for him.

He's the carthorse we need - all the creativity is, in theory, going to come from Ameobi, Oztumer, Wildschut and Noone - we just need a donkey (a la Madine) to get his head on the ball. Looking at Magennis's goal highlights on YouTube - that's pretty much all he does!

On 28/07/2018 at 10:55, StefBWFC said:

He's the carthorse we need - all the creativity is, in theory, going to come from Ameobi, Oztumer, Wildschut and Noone - we just need a donkey (a la Madine) to get his head on the ball. Looking at Magennis's goal highlights on YouTube - that's pretty much all he does!

Watched him as a lone striker in of Karl Robinson’s last games as Charlton manager against Shrewsbury. He ran around a lot but never got the ball as Charlton’s midfield was horrible. He, and Charlton, never looked like scoring but that’s not a critique of him. 

On 30/07/2018 at 20:49, The Palace Fan said:

Confirmed now. Two year contract.

Is this the same lad that looked impressive for Northern Ireland in the Euro's or am I thinking of somebody else with the same surname? Pretty sure he was played out on the wide right?

It is - that same guy who tore Ukraine a new one in Lyon (I was there, painful). Baffling one that really, he's definitely an out-and-out oaf in the centre. 

Oh, and it was only £200k in the end :banana:

2a1a117c914e130066f930c17dd130f0.jpg

Archived