talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Arturo Vidal - Moving to Man Utd?

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
24 minutes ago, Faithcore said:

Very weird signing. Great business for Bayern though as they clearly have no use for him anymore.

For the past few years I always felt Bayern was a better team when Vidal was not playing.

I also thought it was a weird signing before I found out that it was a stop gap fix after Paulinho departed back to China and that Ajax weren’t going to release De Jong before next summer. Under that scenario it’s a good signing. Although Barça have had to give in to a 3 year deal which isn’t good. 

Vidal is a good player, but this signing has Ibra at Barca written all over it. Messi is the king of that team, and I seem to recall many critiques from Arturo to Lionel. I can't see this going well in the dressing room, especially with his inflated ego.

Anyways, even if he is a great player, it does seem Barca just sign anyone these days. Tomorrow I'll be linked with Barcelona. Its gotten weird if you ask me.

35 minutes ago, Faithcore said:

For the past few years I always felt Bayern was a better team when Vidal was not playing.

Don't know about Bayern, but near the end of the qualifying campaign in South America, Vidal was a complete poison for the team. He achieved great things with his country and contributed to it, but his ego was so big that having him on the team literally made them play worse in 2017.

The problem with all these midfield signings is that it's obvious that Valverde will keep playing that 4-4-2 formation, which started to become dull. Barcelona have the attacking players and pace in the squad to be a real exciting team again and with this, you'd want Messi, Suarez, Coutinho and Dembele(or Malcom) all in the same side. A Dembele or a Malcom to run teams ragged what was lacking last term, in what was a great season, but could have been even better.

Messi likes to drop deep a lot these days, but having a pacey player ahead of him makes himself a deadlier player, just like when playing alongside Neymar. Suarez isn't the quickest either. A Dembele or a Malcom adds another dimension in attack.

On 7 August 2018 at 19:01, The Rebel CRS said:

The problem with all these midfield signings is that it's obvious that Valverde will keep playing that 4-4-2 formation, which started to become dull. Barcelona have the attacking players and pace in the squad to be a real exciting team again and with this, you'd want Messi, Suarez, Coutinho and Dembele(or Malcom) all in the same side. A Dembele or a Malcom to run teams ragged what was lacking last term, in what was a great season, but could have been even better.

Messi likes to drop deep a lot these days, but having a pacey player ahead of him makes himself a deadlier player, just like when playing alongside Neymar. Suarez isn't the quickest either. A Dembele or a Malcom adds another dimension in attack.

I think he'll mix it mate.  And even though I agree with you that towards the end of the season the football definitely wasn't aesthetically pleasing on the eye, the season could've ended in another treble.  Had Barça got past Roma like they should've after the first leg, it wouldn't have been all that fantastical if they managed their third treble.

• 2 weeks later...

There's been a lot of outrage about this signing but personally I like it. He's a player of a completely different profile from what we're accustomed to which offers us more options, he's really experienced and he's been there and done that at the highest level and he's a player that's born to play in tough matches. If Arturo Vidal was on the pitch in Rome a couple of months ago I'm confident that his presence and the way he fights and gives more than his all for every single ball could've prevented what happened that night. He'll help us a lot in the short term, I'm happy to have him on board.

• The title was changed to Arturo Vidal - Moving to Man Utd?

Archived