talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Guardiola - Klopp - Mourinho

4 minutes ago, The Liquidator said:

Look I am not defending him. This is how he is. When clubs go after him they promise him things. When they dont materialize he tends to have no buffer in his dealings with the media. For me it's as my previous post he told the truth and the other two are saying what the club want to hear on their money making trips with 2nd n 3rd eleven players... its that simple.

Tell me what this trick is please?

That could be the case and I believe there is decent sized element of truth to that.

Now I don’t tend to do it, but boy is it apt in this case on what follows...

The truth is in everybody and everybody wants to and has the ability to tell what at times is a cruel and blatant truth. Ethics and a particular upbringing can be culpable at times as to how you manifest yourself in these situations.

So what I’m saying is that the other two are being well manered and actually helping a situation surrounding young players while another has chosen to be a cunt in the way he expresses himself and to be honest, expressing yourself in a cuntish manner creates a situation that in cliché terms is called reaping what you sow which results in him being seen as a cunt and told he’s a cunt. Too much of unnecessary truth sometimes results in this and if you feel it’s justifiable one way, then I tell you that life is a two way street. :ay:

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

That could be the case and I believe there is decent sized element of truth to that.

Now I don’t tend to do it, but boy is it apt in this case on what follows...

The truth is in everybody and everybody wants to and has the ability to tell what at times is a cruel and blatant truth. Ethics and a particular upbringing can be culpable at times as to how you manifest yourself in these situations.

So what I’m saying is that the other two are being well manered and actually helping a situation surrounding young players while another has chosen to be a cunt in the way he expresses himself and to be honest, expressing yourself in a cuntish manner creates a situation that in cliché terms is called reaping what you sow which results in him being seen as a cunt and told he’s a cunt. Too much of unnecessary truth sometimes results in this and if you feel it’s justifiable one way, then I tell you that life is a two way street. :ay:

You seem to be worried about these poor young players who for you have had their feelings hurt by their manager. They have been given a wonderful opportunity to carve out a career for themselves at one of the top clubs in the world by performing at the needed level during a money making pre-season trip.

It seems, most, if not all have failed to illuminate themselves into the level that's needed, something young players at Klopps & Pep's can also be accused of over the games too.

I would humbly suggest those young players have chosen the wrong profession if they are going to feel hard done by when faced with negativity from any quarters as it is something professional footballers face everyday during their careers.

A more probable reason for those using the word "James Hunt" to describe the manager who told the truth is because of the hatred he has built up over the years with a huge number of fans who see this as an opportunity to fire their hurt n frustration at him caused by his serial winning.

Why else would you suggest a thread like this?

1 minute ago, The Liquidator said:

You seem to be worried about these poor young players who for you have had their feelings hurt by their manager. They have been given a wonderful opportunity to carve out a career for themselves at one of the top clubs in the world by performing at the needed level during a money making pre-season trip.

It seems, most, if not all have failed to illuminate themselves into the level that's needed, something young players at Klopps & Pep's can also be accused of over the games too.

I would humbly suggest those young players have chosen the wrong profession if they are going to feel hard done by when faced with negativity from any quarters as it is something professional footballers face everyday during their careers.

A more probable reason for those using the word "James Hunt" to describe the manager who told the truth is because of the hatred he has built up over the years with a huge number of fans who see this as an opportunity to fire their hurt n frustration at him caused by his serial winning.

Actually our youngsters faired very well over in the U.S., especially in the game against Utd ironically. 

Anyway, let's not pretend Mourinho threw his players under the bus (yet again) for anything other than purely selfish reasons. Mainly because he hasn't had another £300m thrown at his first team. I mean, I don't know... Maybe he could actually try coaching and developing some of these youngsters he's just basically called 'shit? 

24 minutes ago, The Liquidator said:

Really?

I would expect that his brutal honesty would’ve had its primetime after the game where he told them face to face that they were crap and that only 30% of that team had any value with 70% (practically the whole team) being useless. I would’ve also expected his truth to have been told to them in regards to a legend like Alexis Sánchez being such a superior player to them that they weren’t worthy of playing on the same pitch as him. I would’ve also expected him to have finalised the team talk by stating that not even HIS DIVINE TACTICAL coaching skills could do anything about the inevitability of defeat and that his powers were only great enough to stop a humiliation in terms of a scoreline. All his words...

All his words indeed!

All his words not only maybe (because we don’t know that part for sure) in the dressing room to their young selves, but that he also felt compelled that it would HELP THEM EVEN MORE to have millions of people hearing it from his mouth to the media (just incase they hasten to forget).

Give me a break!

I wont swear again in relation to his methods of “truthfulness“, just that I don’t buy demagoguery and pretentious bullshit. 

29 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Really?

I would expect that his brutal honesty would’ve had its primetime after the game where he told them face to face that they were crap and that only 30% of that team had any value with 70% (practically the whole team) being useless. I would’ve also expected his truth to have been told to them in regards to a legend like Alexis Sánchez being such a superior player to them that they weren’t worthy of playing on the same pitch as him. I would’ve also expected him to have finalised the team talk by stating that not even HIS DIVINE TACTICAL coaching skills could do anything about the inevitability of defeat and that his powers were only great enough to stop a humiliation in terms of a scoreline. All his words...

All his words indeed!

All his words not only maybe (because we don’t know that part for sure) in the dressing room to their young selves, but that he also felt compelled that it would HELP THEM EVEN MORE to have millions of people hearing it from his mouth to the media (just incase they hasten to forget).

Give me a break!

I wont swear again in relation to his methods of “truthfulness“, just that I don’t buy demagoguery and pretentious bullshit. 

Feel better now? ~ I am happy I flushed out the real reason you started this thread.

You got it real bad :ay:

48 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Actually our youngsters faired very well over in the U.S., especially in the game against Utd ironically. 

Anyway, let's not pretend Mourinho threw his players under the bus (yet again) for anything other than purely selfish reasons. Mainly because he hasn't had another £300m thrown at his first team. I mean, I don't know... Maybe he could actually try coaching and developing some of these youngsters he's just basically called 'shit? 

What's this trick you speak of Mate?

4 minutes ago, The Liquidator said:

Feel better now? ~ I am happy I flushed out the real reason you started this thread.

You got it real bad :ay:

It’s just the truth! xD

And I posted it because it was an article in one of this morning’s Spanish sports papers. :ay:

3 minutes ago, Cicero said:

This will definitely cause a lot of debate and arguments, but just going to post it anyway because its a slow day here at my clinic. 

7cb33f442b6f6e01388cae04c808fb12.jpg

I think Man Utd had a number of injuries last season.

On the Arsenal note, Wenger was becoming more and more desperate in recent years and no longer gave as much time to youth as he dared in the past. 

I would’ve thought Ajax would be near the top or at the top had I not seen that. 

2 hours ago, LFCMadLad said:

City's kid in goal looked pretty good as well.

No sense to give the kids criticism for not being as good as established stars at a top club. They're kids, they need experience to get that good - it's very rare that you've got a wonderkid come through the ranks. And it doesn't make sense to me that a manager wouldn't do all they could to boost the confidence of kids who are basically first team players of last resort. In case of emergency, these kids might take to the pitch. Do you want them believing they're good enough? Or do you want them shit scared of making a mistake because their going to get skewered by their manager in the media? Young kids with limited experience will probably play best if they're confident and not second guessing every little thing they do - because they're going to make mistakes from time to time, that's just something that happens with young players.

27 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

I think Man Utd had a number of injuries last season.

On the Arsenal note, Wenger was becoming more and more desperate in recent years and no longer gave as much time to youth as he dared in the past. 

I would’ve thought Ajax would be near the top or at the top had I not seen that. 

I think that's academy graduates playing in the premier league generally, rather than remaining at the club. I say that because there's foreign clubs & Sheffield United on the list.

44 minutes ago, Cicero said:

This will definitely cause a lot of debate and arguments, but just going to post it anyway because its a slow day here at my clinic. 

So what does this tell us? That Man Utd produce lots of players who end up at Watford, Stoke, West Brom and Everton? 

11 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

City's kid in goal looked pretty good as well.

No sense to give the kids criticism for not being as good as established stars at a top club. They're kids, they need experience to get that good - it's very rare that you've got a wonderkid come through the ranks. And it doesn't make sense to me that a manager wouldn't do all they could to boost the confidence of kids who are basically first team players of last resort. In case of emergency, these kids might take to the pitch. Do you want them believing they're good enough? Or do you want them shit scared of making a mistake because their going to get skewered by their manager in the media? Young kids with limited experience will probably play best if they're confident and not second guessing every little thing they do - because they're going to make mistakes from time to time, that's just something that happens with young players.

I think that's academy graduates playing in the premier league generally, rather than remaining at the club. I say that because there's foreign clubs & Sheffield United on the list.

Right... That’s a whole different story then. Massive clubs do tend to have lots of young players out at otger clubs though. 

11 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Right... That’s a whole different story then. Massive clubs do tend to have lots of young players out at otger clubs though. 

It makes sense. Most kids coming through the academies at top clubs are simply not going to make it at the level that club wants and needs them to perform. The reality is these players often have to develop a lot to be at the level required - some of these players will never  be good enough to be at a club harboring title challenges and regular CL qualification. Some of them need much more game time to reach that level. Regardless, most of them are unsuccessful.

But a lot of players that don't make at those top clubs end up at other clubs around the league where they're either good enough. Or they're like Sunderland was a few years back where they're made up primarily of former academy players of better clubs and they were awful for fucking years until they were finally flushed down.

Can't really draw any conclusions on these three managers from that image as it's too soon for any impact they've had on their academies to bear fruit. What it does tell us is that our academy hasn't been good enough in recent years. The only ones I can think of who've played a decent number of Premier League games (for any team) are Flanagan and Trent Alexander-Arnold. Compare that to other top clubs who have a lot of academy graduates in and around the top leagues. Those players may not be at a level to stick around at those clubs, but a good academy can be a cheap source of depth and a source of income, as well as producing the occasional quality player.

4 minutes ago, Burning Gold said:

Can't really draw any conclusions on these three managers from that image as it's too soon for any impact they've had on their academies to bear fruit. What it does tell us is that our academy hasn't been good enough in recent years. The only ones I can think of who've played a decent number of Premier League games (for any team) are Flanagan and Trent Alexander-Arnold.

I think that is the exact reason Klopp pushed for the academy and first team training facilities to be merged so that he can integrate the two and spend more time with the youngsters. He said the other day that as things stand he spends around 10-12 hours a day with the first team leaving very little time to spend with the youths.

Once the merge is complete Klopp will be able to coach the whole group which hopefully will pay dividends in the future. 

10 minutes ago, Burning Gold said:

Can't really draw any conclusions on these three managers from that image as it's too soon for any impact they've had on their academies to bear fruit. What it does tell us is that our academy hasn't been good enough in recent years. The only ones I can think of who've played a decent number of Premier League games (for any team) are Flanagan and Trent Alexander-Arnold. Compare that to other top clubs who have a lot of academy graduates in and around the top leagues. Those players may not be at a level to stick around at those clubs, but a good academy can be a cheap source of depth and a source of income, as well as producing the occasional quality player.

Case in point, selling Jordan Ibe to Bournemouth for a fee that I still can't believe.

• Subscriber
12 minutes ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

xDthe moment I saw Cicero's post I knew he would rattled people like you. Good one Cicero. 

He's spot on to be fair. Most of those minutes aren't Rashford and Lingard, more of them are the Michael Keanes and Tom Cleverleys of the league. That is still a credit to Man Utds academy though.

12 minutes ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

xDthe moment I saw Cicero's post I knew he would rattled people like you. Good one Cicero. 

Rattled? It's impressive that Man Utd have produced so many players capable of playing for Premier League clubs but I'm not sure what relevance it has to Mourinho and youth players?

Just now, RandoEFC said:

He's spot on to be fair. Most of those minutes aren't Rashford and Lingard, more of them are the Michael Keanes and Tom Cleverleys of the league. That is still a credit to Man Utds academy though.

Yeah, it's not like it's a bad thing that the academy can pump out players that aren't good enough for the club that has the academy... but still can produce 20 players that played in the league, as @Burning Gold previously mentioned.

1 hour ago, Cicero said:

Classic Mourinho trick that. When it's not going his way he throws a couple of first teamers under the bus which means he has to play some youngsters which is a situation he then uses to suggest he has no players.

5 hours ago, LFCMadLad said:

Whether Klopp and Pep are towing the public line or not, Mourinho speaking about his youth and fringe players in the way he did isn't just being truthful... It's a fucking cunts trick. 

Throwing his own players under a bus in a tantrum over not getting another £300m to spend on new ones is what constantly keeps getting himself sacked.

Maybe he should take note because lets face it, he's running out of rich or oil funded clubs he could go and manage. 

Business is business. Seliing young players at elete clubs is just the way it is. Mourinho didn't need to be a cunt about it though. Its not the players fault there not good enough not all players can be world class. Infact mourinho said that when scholes criticised pogba

1 hour ago, RandoEFC said:

A fair chunk of them are going to be Paul Pogba as well, which seems perversely apt.

5 minutes ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

Mourinho continues to have the same faith on youth. Who was behind bringing back Pogba(heavily criticized but later on those same bitches are taking the same approach, but are they going after ex academy players that got away?) . Lingard, McTominay, and the guy who scored a brace against y'all are essential to the process.. or let me guess, your weasel little mind only goes back to the friendly a few days ago.. keep talking shit like your manager Klopp is the only thing y'all excel at.

I don't blame you for being rattled though bruh, after all, your a fan of a club that is stuck with a Chelsea reject back up striker.

Lingard and Rashford came through under Van Gaal didn't they? So the shit Scottish lad the only one then?

Archived