talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Ryan Woods Joins Stoke City

42 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

Needless to say, just because somebody criticises your clubs methods it doesn't mean they're 'giving it large', and just because they state theres no need for you to be condescending about it, it doesnt mean theyre 'crying'. Im not really sure how you saying it's modern football strengthens your argument at all, or saying how two situations when you've described them as different does either. So we will leave that discussion there.

For the record I like Brentford, and hope at some point they do go up and replace some of the teams that play shit football like Huddersfield, Watford, Cardiff and Bournemouth. I don't get the logic in boasting about being an easy tree to take apples from, but either way I hope it works for the club long term.

Fyi, in terms of budget size, I believe we were of the bottom six / eight at the time we went up. I think our most expensive signing was Johnny Parr at 400k off the top of my head but I may he wrong.

I responded to you in the same manner you did to me, is all I'm saying. You can criticise all you like but in reality we have little to be criticised for, we've never had it so good.

Players join clubs to step up, and if they get a chance at another club to step up they will. Jedinak done it with you and you were fortunate enough to go up, I'm sure you would have lost other players had you not of gone up. We're just extremely efficient and productive at handling that process, which enables us to consistently strengthen our squad even when we sell a "key player" and slowly increase our spending in the transfer market. If you can't understand how that process of consistently strengthening our squad year on year whilst making large profits in the transfer market, allowing us to challenge for the play offs on a bottom 5 budget whilst being in competition with moneybags Villa, Newcastle, Fulham, Wolves etc, after years of Division 3 & 4 football makes it great supporting a club like Brentford then we probably should leave it there:ay:I wasn't trying to boast, just make a point of how lucky we are to have an owner like Matthew Benham in a division riddled with shithousery ownership.

But then again I've fuck all to do at work tomorrow so I'm sure I'll be back arguing about something.

Your wage budget that year was ranked 12th in the division, or the newspapers read anyway. Budget around 15th.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived