talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Kristho's Schland! - Off Topic

• Subscriber

Skype is a shithouse. Tried to login after resetting my phone to factory settings, they wanted to send me a verification code to my email since "they think this is a new device", fair enough,the problem is though the email never arrives xD knobheads.

Many thanks to you all for your kind comments - we are back from two days of brilliance in a superb North Yorkshire Hotel (yes we do actually have one!)

The food was so good I didn't even get chance to get back to the room in time to see Tuesday's game, but I gather I did not miss much.  Now I have only two weeks before I fly to Duss for the game against Eintracht.  It will be a hectic visit but there might be a small chance to meet up with anyone who has the time - those who remember Lucas from the meet-up will remember the guy who now is a wiz-kid in the hospitality and IT business and he will be taking me to the game where we will meet up with Thea (liverbird) and husband Danny.  Joan and I intend to come over during the summer to meet up with other friends and if anyone wants to set dates for a get together we will make sure out visit fits.  I know there are new guys who were not with us when we first met, but those who were will, I'm sure, confirm what a special few hours we had and to repeat that would be very special.  I still have the picture on my room wall with the flags of the countries underneath which sometimes seems incredible to the locals here who see it that we were able to do that - all because of footy!

Again thanks for the messages and to all my usual farewell!

Be nice!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Faithcore's post is great - the rantings of a highly qualified engineer who seems totally lost in the other world of football and unable to deal with problems which even the least qualified supporter is able to spot.  Like last week he will continue to believe in the lack of ability which some of his favourite guys have an we will now start to descend the table starting with Sunday's defeat to the old man ad his guys in yellow.  I only hope that I will not have to sit in the stadium next Wednesday and watch the better players sit at the side whilst the lesser ones run around like headless chickens.  Problem is even the young American is so far out of his depth that he will probably play every game until the end of the season our clever Croatian loanee will wonder why he ever signed on!  I need a lie down!:dam:

English and German are two languages full of beautiful adjectives.  I can think of lots and lots which are more suitable than 'vertikal' which would apply to sport rather than building large engineering projects!  As a young Benny said to a young Mesut some years ago in an English class: "Du solltest zuerst Deutsch lernen":dam:

Come to think of it I thought we were not playing in the correct direction - now I know why.

Edited by SchalkeUK