talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Kristho's Schland! - Off Topic

6 hours ago, SchalkeUK said:

Thanks for the messages guys and gal!  Just getting over another birthday which again was shared with Manuel and Atsuto.  not sure how they celebrated it, but very busy here as I am finally downsizing and moving home after 48 years in one house.  Visit to NC to see No 1 daughter at the end of April and then over to the Ruhr and a few Veltins. New from the Ozil household says they are trying to persuade him to move again - nice if someone in the BL can find the money to bring him home.  Anyone any other news of movements being planned?  There are rumours that Herr Klopp is planning and assault on the BL this summer - could be interesting to Thomas......

Welcome on board, Alan. I doubt Özil would switch to a club where he has to sprint around without the ball and do some proper pressing. :D

Hey True man

You should talk to Nudge.  When Slomka fell our with his dad and he moved to Werder he was lucky to be paired with Diego and had to work hard to get where he is now.  That's still in him if it's worth it, but when only Sanchez seems to find space for him to aim at it's not much fun.  He will provide for anyone willing to work with him.  Put with Aube or Modeste or even Muller and then you'll see!

• Subscriber
3 hours ago, I8allthepies said:

Who knew studying and smoking a cigar go together!? 

Nicotine enhances cognitive function, working memory and overall performance of the brain, and there's also evidence suggesting that it may act as a neuroprotective agent even. It is certainly not "the evil drug", it's all that additional shit in tobacco and byproducts of burning it (tar) that is bad for one's health... 

15 hours ago, SchalkeUK said:

Hey True man

You should talk to Nudge.  When Slomka fell our with his dad and he moved to Werder he was lucky to be paired with Diego and had to work hard to get where he is now.  That's still in him if it's worth it, but when only Sanchez seems to find space for him to aim at it's not much fun.  He will provide for anyone willing to work with him.  Put with Aube or Modeste or even Muller and then you'll see!

True. I wasn't 100% serious, just a little jab. :22_stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

He did some proper defensive with our national team, too. Once he even played in our defensive midfield and did a great job. I can only recommend to watch this game:

Edited by True Bender

• Subscriber
19 minutes ago, I8allthepies said:

Anything interesting happen over the weekend?

No, not really, but it was a pretty good weekend for me :) went out for a few drinks both Saturday and Sunday, only worked a couple of hours, Werder won and then all other things pretty much went my way, too. 

• Upvote 2

• Subscriber

xD I also seem to always end up in a biergarten, bar or pub. And yeah, I also like blaming the weather. It's either too hot, so I need some refreshments, or it's raining non-stop, so there's nothing else to do xD 

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, Tsubasa said:

Visited this place today for the first time:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schloss_Benrath

For me now one of my favourite spots in Düsseldorf. Such beautiful gardens around the whole Castle. Weather was great too, so I somehow ended up in a Beer Garden again :35_thinking:

Was that on your run? I had a formal over the weekend, and me being courteous, bought my date a drink. I had Jack Daniels on the rocks, and she had a rum and Coke. It was $15, for what's otherwise $6 total. The beers were $5.50 a can, when cans are worth $1 after tax.

• Subscriber
15 minutes ago, I8allthepies said:

Was that on your run? I had a formal over the weekend, and me being courteous, bought my date a drink. I had Jack Daniels on the rocks, and she had a rum and Coke. It was $15, for what's otherwise $6 total. The beers were $5.50 a can, when cans are worth $1 after tax.

I get 15 beers in a local bar for that amount of money :ph34r:

9 hours ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

Happy birthday, Tsubs!

7 hours ago, Panflute said:

Happy birthday, may beer flow your way! 

7 hours ago, nudge said:

Happy birthday Thomas! Are we having a party? :P

Thank you! Not a real party. I was in Venlo today, had a beer in the sun, walked around the city. Then when I returned a friend came over for a beer, which was nice. And now more beer will be consumed. Brought a few Dutch and Belgian ones from Holland :12_slight_smile:

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber

What a weekend coming up, Khmer New Year celebrations start on Friday and will last for 3 days at least, then it's Easter on Sunday, as well as Nordderby. Hope the weather will play along and I can enjoy some beer and seefood at the beach...

Have you got anything planned for Easter Sunday?

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, nudge said:

What a weekend coming up, Khmer New Year celebrations start on Friday and will last for 3 days at least, then it's Easter on Sunday, as well as Nordderby. Hope the weather will play along and I can enjoy some beer and seefood at the beach...

Have you got anything planned for Easter Sunday?

Week plans involve a tennis tournament that I'm in, watching the Milan Derby, and just sitting back with friends and drinking it up.

• This topic was featured and unfeatured