talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Kristho's Schland! - Off Topic

• Subscriber
Just now, Bluewolf said:

Is that the controversial Death Camp video?? 

Read a bit about it this morning... 

Rammstein, provocation and the shock factor simply belong together :7_sweat_smile:  There's been way too much overreacting based on a 10 second teaser before the music video was even released... It pretty much takes a critical view at the highs and lows of the history of the nation and mixed feelings about its past as a result. I don't even think the song is very good. But the visual quality and production of that video... it's a completely new level, looks even better than some movies. I wonder how much did the production cost them haha.

2 minutes ago, nudge said:

Rammstein, provocation and the shock factor simply belong together :7_sweat_smile:  There's been way too much overreacting based on a 10 second teaser before the music video was even released... It pretty much takes a critical view at the highs and lows of the history of the nation and mixed feelings about its past as a result. I don't even think the song is very good. But the visual quality and production of that video... it's a completely new level, looks even better than some movies. I wonder how much did the production cost them haha.

I can't say I have heard any of their music to be honest but it obviously made headlines this morning due to it's nature.. even negative publicity is publicity which ever way you cut it so the music aside they got the attention they probably anticipated getting... 

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

I can't say I have heard any of their music to be honest but it obviously made headlines this morning due to it's nature.. even negative publicity is publicity which ever way you cut it so the music aside they got the attention they probably anticipated getting... 

:o 

I've been to their concert once, best show I've ever seen... Don't think anyone can ever top that!

19 minutes ago, nudge said:

Quite a a video. I imagine the song is much better with the film than without. I wonder what everyone's favorite facist Leverkusen fan would have made of it. Anyway people ought to be more provoked by people making cheap feely melodramas with WW2 as a background to ad emotion and earn more money.

Edited by Relling
  • Upvote 2

• Subscriber
4 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

I have heard of them obviously but not any of their tracks... any songs/albums you might recommend?? 

Hmmm hard to choose when it comes to albums but I'd say Mutter and Reise, Reise are my most favourite ones... Even harder to chose favourite songs :7_sweat_smile: Mutter, Seemann, Spiel Mit Mir, Du Riechst So Gut, Sonne, Ohne Dich, Stein Um Stein, Feuer und Wasser, Mein Herz Brennt, Moskau, Reise Reise, Engel are probably the ones I like the most...

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, nudge said:

Hmmm hard to choose when it comes to albums but I'd say Mutter and Reise, Reise are my most favourite ones... Even harder to chose favourite songs :7_sweat_smile: Mutter, Seemann, Spiel Mit Mir, Du Riechst So Gut, Sonne, Ohne Dich, Stein Um Stein, Feuer und Wasser, Mein Herz Brennt, Moskau, Reise Reise, Engel are probably the ones I like the most...

I will give them a listen then... 

• Upvote 2

• Subscriber

Theres two songs I know off the top by Rammstein; Amerika and Du hast. Du Hast got alot of play on the radios here for a while although that feels like a like time ago. I dont know if i care for that song much but your right the video quality was worth watching alone. 

• Upvote 1

I used to find that getting girls to look at songs differently from the norm was not easy, but the Tic Tac Toe album in 1996 was brilliant - apart from some controversial lyrics it was 'Verpiss' Dich' which got the most response - particularly from those being pressured into trying stuff which wasn't  a good idea.  In English the Garbage version of 'Stupid Girl had some in tears when they realised what was behind it.  For me SELIG were a bit special (with or without their kit on).

On 28/03/2019 at 20:56, nudge said:

I'd put Mutter above Reise, Reise. It's a bit louder and nearly every song was good, while Reise, Reise had a couple of stinkers imo.

The earlier albums are great too but a bit harder to get into as they still have the loud industrial sound.

• Like 1

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Panflute said:

I'd put Mutter above Reise, Reise. It's a bit louder and nearly every song was good, while Reise, Reise had a couple of stinkers imo.

The earlier albums are great too but a bit harder to get into as they still have the loud industrial sound.

Same, Mutter is both my favourite album and my favourite song :7_sweat_smile:

This cover sounds great but it's a bit weird to hear it being sung by children given the song's lyrics xDxDxD  

1 hour ago, Panflute said:

1 hour ago, nudge said:

Same, Mutter is both my favourite album and my favourite song :7_sweat_smile:

This cover sounds great but it's a bit weird to hear it being sung by children given the song's lyrics xDxDxD  

I listened to Mutter yesterday while I was sorting some other stuff out, Pretty decent as it goes... Feuer Frei was probably my pick of the bunch on that album.. I will probably give it a couple of listens before moving on to another... 

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
6 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Inka Grings is the first female coach/manager in the 4th division in Germany :o 

https://rp-online.de/sport/fussball/regionalligist-sv-straelen-verpflichtet-inka-grings_aid-37800679

Was a great player as well; I'm not much into women's football but she was part of the German National Team back when I used to follow it closely as they were playing some great football. Will be interesting to see how she does! 

2 minutes ago, nudge said:

Was a great player as well; I'm not much into women's football but she was part of the German National Team back when I used to follow it closely as they were playing some great football. Will be interesting to see how she does! 

Yea, she's one of those names that instantly ring a bell. She was great indeed. I hope she does well. Would be cool to have a female coach in the 1st or 2nd Bundesliga one day. Just because it would drive a few of those "women don't belong in this or that" idiots nuts :4_joy: Only if she's good enough of course. 

23 hours ago, nudge said:

23 hours ago, Tommy said:

Yea, she's one of those names that instantly ring a bell. She was great indeed. I hope she does well. Would be cool to have a female coach in the 1st or 2nd Bundesliga one day. Just because it would drive a few of those "women don't belong in this or that" idiots nuts :4_joy: Only if she's good enough of course. 

Isn't Kathleen Kruger another woman that part of Bayern's staff? I saw a headline with her name on it, but I have zero idea who she is.