• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Kristho's Schland! - Off Topic

• Subscriber
5 minutes ago, Tommy said:

:4_joy:

malouda.jpg

Now that's awkward xD 

That said, I didn't even know he was employed by Zürich. Although considering that it lasted for just a bit over one month, that's probably not surprising either xD 

2 minutes ago, nudge said:

Now that's awkward xD 

That said, I didn't even know he was employed by Zürich. Although considering that it lasted for just a bit over one month, that's probably not surprising either xD 

I didn't know he's still playing at all. Had to google him to see if he's the Malouda from "back then" :D

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Tommy said:

I didn't know he's still playing at all. Had to google him to see if he's the Malouda from "back then" :D

Nah he's not - he was apparently employed as some sort of staff but nobody knows exactly what he was doing apparently xD 

From NZZ: "Der frühere französische Nationalspieler hatte beim FCZ erst am 1. März begonnen. Was er in diesen paar Wochen genau getan hat, weiss man nicht recht. Er war vor allem eine Art Liebhaberobjekt des Präsidenten Ancillo Canepa, der schon immer eine Schwäche für grosse Namen hatte. Nebenbei soll Malouda ,38, beim Training mitgeholfen und ein paar Koordinationsprojekte verfolgt haben. Jedenfalls ist die kurze Liaison nun schon wieder vorbei. Maloudas Arbeit beim FCZ sei mit seinen anderen Projekten nicht kompatibel."

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, nudge said:

Nah he's not - he was apparently employed as some sort of staff but nobody knows exactly what he was doing apparently xD 

From NZZ: "Der frühere französische Nationalspieler hatte beim FCZ erst am 1. März begonnen. Was er in diesen paar Wochen genau getan hat, weiss man nicht recht. Er war vor allem eine Art Liebhaberobjekt des Präsidenten Ancillo Canepa, der schon immer eine Schwäche für grosse Namen hatte. Nebenbei soll Malouda ,38, beim Training mitgeholfen und ein paar Koordinationsprojekte verfolgt haben. Jedenfalls ist die kurze Liaison nun schon wieder vorbei. Maloudas Arbeit beim FCZ sei mit seinen anderen Projekten nicht kompatibel."

So kind of like Salihamidzic at Bayern :ph34r:

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Tommy said:

What a classic. They played that in the stadium yesterday :D

Here's a translation:

It's a band I grew up with. They're from Düsseldorf and the cities pride, so to say. They're famous all around Germany and even in South America. That song was a big hit back in the day :D

Hi guys - perhaps you can remember Stefan and Heike on the old Viva TV - I watched it through the 90's and spent time in Oberhausen with the young American guys there - just starting in the business and hearing them trying to sing about the 10 little Huntsmen until they realised what the first line was (Zehn kleine Jägermeister rauchten einen Joint) after which it went quiet for a few seconds.  Somewhere on line Justin is trying to sing it in his broken German - ah- memories!!!

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
Just now, SchalkeUK said:

I find it difficult to feel sorry for some people - just like those who suffer from the crap which goes under the name of 'facebook'  One reaps what one sews!

What?...

Those who enter into offers or discussions over which they have little or no control - particularly older ones who should be wiser as opposed to kids who are easily misled - they should be aware that what you get is as a result of what you earn - money, respect, love - nothing in life is easy, but lots is worth having through diligence and hard work - travelling thousands of miles from home to earn it is hard, but very rewarding - I'm sure you know that well!

As I understood it, the programme was about people being 'ripped off' and cheated as a result of accepting offers which, really, they should have had the sense not to even consider - like some of the so-called- fake news being supported by sites like facebook - the sort of garbage many UK people believed when the Johnson/Gove lies led them to vote 'leave' two years ago.  Young people can be misled more easily but when you see the older generation being cheated like the TV programme you linked to, it is hard to feel sorry for them as they have seen enough examples during their lives not to be fooled again!  Sadly, our present education system fails totally when the general subjects taught in the 50's and 60's under the heading 'common sense' have no place in schools these days.  I know that many German schools still keep that ethos - Berger Feld is a prime example and some of their pupils become icons and role models because of their treatment in Gelsenkirchen.  They may not be your favourites, but young guys like Manuel and Leroy prove that there is still hope! It would be great if the Spiegel programme became part of a standard lesson in schools as to what to avoid!

• Subscriber

My main interest in the programme was primarily a certain German expat who has been well known down here for being a scamming bastard for years and it was interesting to see quite a few other familiar faces related to that latest pension scheme of his in one way or another. Plenty of more similar cases in the local expat community when it comes to fraudsters and conmen with much more subtle ways of ripping others off but they haven't been given much coverage back in Germany with a few exceptions. You're right in that in this case the victims were extremely naive and financially illiterate to fall for something like that but then someone who takes advantage of people's fears and insecurities in old age with false promises is still a massive cunt and I hope he gets what he deserves.

Like the old saying goes; Hüte Dich vor Sturm und Wind und Deutschen, die im Ausland sind...

41 minutes ago, nudge said:

Like the old saying goes; Hüte Dich vor Sturm und Wind und Deutschen, die im Ausland sind...

lol is that a real saying? Never heard that before. 

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Tommy said:

lol is that a real saying? Never heard that before. 

Absolutely. Just ask any German living abroad and I'm sure they will have heard it more than often enough. But seriously, I'm surprised you never heard that hehe, google it if you don't believe me :P 

I personally prefer a modified one, "Gott schütze uns vor Sturm und Wind und Autos die aus England sind"... xD 

• Haha 1