talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Kristho's Schland! - Off Topic

7 hours ago, Eco said:

Not sure, but I am from the south which is known as the "Bible Belt" so its lower than others. 

Urgh, limitation by religion. I have an acquaintance who's with a Tunisian woman, and wants to become a muslim because of her. All of a sudden he stopped eating pork, and he always ate it and obviously liked/s it. So silly. If someone wants to take away my right to drink a good 4.9ish % alc Beer, and eat a nice Bratwurst, they can fuck off. 

5 hours ago, Tommy said:

Urgh, limitation by religion. I have an acquaintance who's with a Tunisian woman, and wants to become a muslim because of her. All of a sudden he stopped eating pork, and he always ate it and obviously liked/s it. So silly. If someone wants to take away my right to drink a good 4.9ish % alc Beer, and eat a nice Bratwurst, they can fuck off. 

It's actually not as bad as I thought...

14% ABV is the max here in Georgia

• Subscriber

Going back to Europe for a few months in about 40 days... Getting excited already. Didn't realise until now it but I've actually missed it quite a bit... I wonder how much everything has changed in 5 years.

6 minutes ago, nudge said:

Going back to Europe for a few months in about 40 days... Getting excited already. Didn't realise until now it but I've actually missed it quite a bit... I wonder how much everything has changed in 5 years.

I just hope you get used to the flying cars asap. 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Tommy said:

I just hope you get used to the flying cars asap. 

Maybe it sounds silly but I actually see a lot of changes when I browse groups etc. Nothing extreme or even very significant but it's definitely not the same as it was when I left. 

1 minute ago, nudge said:

Maybe it sounds silly but I actually see a lot of changes when I browse groups etc. Nothing extreme or even very significant but it's definitely not the same as it was when I left. 

Shit changes fast. In Düsseldorf alone. If you haven't visited the city center in like 6 months... everything looks already different. Right now they're building something that will have a 200 meter LED advertisement board like on Time Square.. 

• Sad 1

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Tommy said:

Shit changes fast. In Düsseldorf alone. If you haven't visited the city center in like 6 months... everything looks already different. Right now they're building something that will have a 200 meter LED advertisement board like on Time Square.. 

And that's probably why I'll always be leaving again... I don't want that. I mean, I don't mind change and progress in general. But it just seems excessive somehow?... I don't know. I got so used to a slower pace, no-stress daily life that I probably won't be able to cope with western way of living ever again. There are obviously plenty of disadvantages here too though. I'm not sure I'll ever find the golden middle way :7_sweat_smile:

21 minutes ago, nudge said:

And that's probably why I'll always be leaving again... I don't want that. I mean, I don't mind change and progress in general. But it just seems excessive somehow?... I don't know. I got so used to a slower pace, no-stress daily life that I probably won't be able to cope with western way of living ever again. There are obviously plenty of disadvantages here too though. I'm not sure I'll ever find the golden middle way :7_sweat_smile:

Yea well, not as excessive as in other countries, like China? I don't know. Our progress is slow, and any radical movements here get rejected by civic elections usually. We are progressing, but not excessive. 

• Subscriber
6 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Yea well, not as excessive as in other countries, like China? I don't know. Our progress is slow, and any radical movements here get rejected by civic elections usually. We are progressing, but not excessive. 

Yeah I don't know; just hard to put it into words. Excessive consumption, materialism and consumerism in general, advertisements, bureaucracy, rules and regulations, everyday rush, social division, superficiality. Maybe I just truly hate big cities.

I found living in Nottingham a huge change from life here... So quiet and peaceful, not many people, hardly any cars about.. On the downside of that there was not much to do and I missed the hustle and bustle of it all sometimes.. coming back home was a shock to the system especially in the house, the noise levels were through the roof compared to what I had been used to, almost tempted to go back at one point... I went from a house up there with just 3 of us and hardly seeing each other to coming back to what we have now and that's 7 altogether including the grandchildren... sometimes there is just no peace at all, drives you mad it does

Edited by Bluewolf

• Subscriber
7 minutes ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

You can live in a quiet 100 000 person or less town in a 1st world country 

Sure; and it also has its advantages. But it's usually too boring for me and not as bang-for-your-buck plus way more regulations and rules. Why would I want to pay thousands per month for my way of life when I can pay much less and save the rest while doing exactly the same thing? Other than that this is really my problem to be honest as I usually get bored of any place in 2-3 years regardless of where I find myself at. 

• Subscriber
17 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

I found living in Nottingham a huge change from life here... So quiet and peaceful, not many people, hardly any cars about.. On the downside of that there was not much to do and I missed the hustle and bustle of it all sometimes.. coming back home was a shock to the system especially in the house, the noise levels were through the roof compared to what I had been used to, almost tempted to go back at one point... I went from a house up there with just 3 of us and hardly seeing each other to coming back to what we have now and that's 7 altogether including the grandchildren... sometimes there is just no peace at all, drives you mad sometimes

You lived there for work or something?

Yeah I guess it's not much you can do when you have a big family anyway; I would probably go crazy with 7 persons including children in one house haha.

1 hour ago, nudge said:

You lived there for work or something?

Yeah I guess it's not much you can do when you have a big family anyway; I would probably go crazy with 7 persons including children in one house haha.

Yea it was work.. I was up there for 18 months in total

Surprised at Tommy's comment re Dusseldorf.  I cannot remember a time when I last visited there and there were no road blocks or diversions due to building works,  being so near to the EEC HQ there must have been lots of money available for development of anything they fancied doing.  If Inga is back this summer we must have a 'welcome home' party for her and with his organisational skill (particularly of the liquid kind)  I nominate Tommy to sort it.  Any other takers for another get-together?  There's gotta be a cellar underground somewhere we haven't visited yet!!!!!

On 29/04/2019 at 00:00, nudge said:

Be careful at the airports. The police are on the watch for females entering from south-east Asia. Something about threats towards the DFB. 

• Haha 1

• Subscriber
7 minutes ago, Relling said:

Be careful at the airports. The police are on the watch for females entering from south-east Asia. Something about threats towards the DFB. 

Thanks for the heads up, I'll make sure to dress up like Dr. Müller-Wohlfahrt as a disguise to fool them...Or should I just wear a Bayern shirt and get a free pass?... :ph34r:

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, nudge said:

Thanks for the heads up, I'll make sure to dress up like Dr. Müller-Wohlfahrt as a disguise to fool them...Or should I just wear a Bayern shirt and get a free pass?... :ph34r:

I am sure you would make a very interesting Dr. Müller-Wohlfahrt. 

• Haha 1