talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Kristho's Schland! - Off Topic

• Subscriber
On 20/05/2019 at 05:44, Tommy said:

What a great darts match I had with my team last night. It was a "top game", against a team above us in the table, and we've won 14:2. We need to win two more games and we'll get promoted :o 

Oh and yea, on Thursday I'll be in Croatia for a week :)

Hope y'all had a good weekend! 

Have fun in Croatia...

There's promotion system in pub darts? :D 

27 minutes ago, nudge said:

Have fun in Croatia...

There's promotion system in pub darts? :D 

Thank you.

Yes, there is. Quite many actually. We are the lowest, which is C-Liga and now we might be promoted to B-Liga. Then there's A-Liga and a whole lot of different Bezirksligen. 

That's our League: 

https://www.twl-dart.de/loewen-dartliga.html

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Tommy said:

Thank you.

Yes, there is. Quite many actually. We are the lowest, which is C-Liga and now we might be promoted to B-Liga. Then there's A-Liga and a whole lot of different Bezirksligen. 

That's our League: 

https://www.twl-dart.de/loewen-dartliga.html

Wow didn't realise it was THAT serious :7_sweat_smile:

Frankfurt fans are brilliant: over 300 of them donated their tickets for the Europa League final to kids from SOS children's village in Baku.:congrats:

https://www.kicker.de/news/fussball/uefa/startseite/750029/artikel_eintracht-fans-spenden-ueber-300-finaltickets-an-kinder-in-baku.html

Edited by Rucksackfranzose
  • Upvote 3

Welcome Home you little green-loving person!

Are you really in Dusseldorf or is that Tommy living in hope again!   If that is so then there must be lots of places I still have to discover and lots of people I would love to discover them with.  You and Herr N should start and sort out a late June/early July get together - even if it turns out to be only a threesome.  you never know, Relling might be interested again and I am still trying to get Thea to answer her Skype calls.  Whatever the outcome enjoy your time back home and try and keep Tommy sober........

• 2 weeks later...
Just now, Spike said:

It is a silly rumour that I want to be true, anyway the rumour is that Özil cannot speak German that well, or at least speaks a mangled dialect. 

Nope, he speaks German like you'd expect from someone with very little education. It's fluent and perfect, just has a certain "slang" to it. 

Mesut's German was fine when he was in my English Class at Berger Feld so this is just a silly - almost disrespectful -  bit of nonsense probably brought about by Benny's joke when Mesut said he wanted to learn English as he was going to be a footballer and Benny joked he should learn German first.  Kid's banter!

I wonder how many people can remember their first formal interview as a teenager - usually for a job and - in many cases - it was a disaster. Mesut looks almost terrified in that clip and even then his German is as good as any other teenage boy under pressure.  He was (hard to believe ) quite shy at times and had a very dominant (very proud too) father.  Not sure if the interview proves anything but 'spass muss sein' or in Roberto's case just a little!:dam:

2 hours ago, SchalkeUK said:

I wonder how many people can remember their first formal interview as a teenager - usually for a job and - in many cases - it was a disaster. Mesut looks almost terrified in that clip and even then his German is as good as any other teenage boy under pressure.  He was (hard to believe ) quite shy at times and had a very dominant (very proud too) father.  Not sure if the interview proves anything but 'spass muss sein' or in Roberto's case just a little!:dam:

Yea, he was nervous, but he's also kind of dumb. He earns his money by playing football and not delivering any clever speeches, so there's that. But he's still a bit of a simpleton. 

• Confused 1

17 hours ago, Tommy said:

Yea, he was nervous, but he's also kind of dumb. He earns his money by playing football and not delivering any clever speeches, so there's that. But he's still a bit of a simpleton. 

Don't think his Bank Manager would agree!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Growing up today is so so different to what we were used to - German boys and girls listened to Heinjte and Kleine Cornelia,  American kids had Jimmy Boyd and Gayla Peevey and we had Petula Clark and Jeremy Spencer as role models.  Fast forward to 2019 and Justin Bieber and Pink - with or without clothes - seem to be the norm!  Imagine Bieber singing Mama or Pink with Lieber Gott lass die Sonne wieder scheinen!  Elton John with Junge kommt bald wieder...... We used to throw spit balls and pieces of ink-stained paper across the room - now they text each other during lessons - in the same room!.  Remember my young friend Lukas from Duisburg - I learn this week that his name will be changing to 'daddy' and my daughter has just paid out nearly $400000 for a new house in NC - any wonder I need a few more afternoons in a dark room these days - and with no footy we are reduced to this sort of nonsense every summer on TFF.  Last word to Cliff Richard - Its so funny how we Don't Talk Anymore! 

How's Dusseldorf these days - are the road works finally finished or are more unexploded bombs being discovered?  History repeating itself!

Oh and Mr Trump - please reply to Billy Joel - "What do we keep on fighting for?"

Edited by SchalkeUK

On 24/06/2019 at 11:28, SchalkeUK said:

How's Dusseldorf these days

Still building site after building site. But all in all it's quite nice. We even have a Stadtstrand "city beach" now at the river. But they're building a lot of new stuff in the city center. 

Witnessing how they are building this every day:

hero_duesseldorf-schadowstrasse-42-52.jp

It's coming along nicely. 

On 23/06/2019 at 17:30, Tommy said:

Very accurate. 

mbvyrxxxy3631.jpg

Slice of sausage!?xD Well, getting a free sausage at the butcher is hopefully universal! I know when I used to go to my local butcher that wasn't unusual. Well I can tell you about the eccentricities of growing up in regional Australia if you're interested.

Maybe it should have been written in German haha

Edited by Spike