talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Kristho's Schland! - Off Topic

• Subscriber

10 Runden Bier: 120€

2 Flaschen Whisky: 160€

Eine Gruppe Union Berlin Fans ausversehen im Urlaub treffen und Eisern Union in den frühen Morgenstunden in ner Kneipe mitsingen: unbezahlbar. 

:7_sweat_smile:

Was eine schöne Nacht! 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

Just now, RandoEFC said:

Need to get more retweets if you want the world to know.

Yeah, there is a new channel here, ESPN the Ocho, based off the movie Dodgeball, and they have started showing this more reguarly. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Didn't really know where to stick this so put it here... Pretty much agree with most of it

The list of footballers who share their lives through social media is long - but it's fair to say Sandro Wagner doesn't feature on it.

In an interview with t-online.de, the 31-year-old former Germany international made it pretty clear he's not a fan.

"I'm always presented like a Stone Age man, just because I don't actively use this nonsense," he said. "Social media is a big evil for me.

"People there make a living from sharing their lives with others. They can do nothing and get money for it if I watch them having breakfast."

Wagner, who left German champions Bayern Munich for Chinese Super League side Tianjin Teda in January, is worried social media can give children "a false picture of life".

"I see the danger that our children will become more and more stupid and ultimately more unhappy because they are following the wrong role models, pretending to live in a glamorous world," he said.

"If it's all just about asking the internet community and the pseudo-stars there how I should have my hair cut or how I should paint my face in three minutes, then something is heading in the wrong direction."

Wagner, who has also played for Bundesliga sides Werder Bremen, Hertha Berlin and Hoffenheim, scored five goals in eight appearances for Germany. He retired from international duty when he was let out of the 2018 World Cup squad.

"Making your own experiences, developing through real contact with other people, feeling how things actually go down with others when you say them... there's less and less of that," said Wagner.

"But maybe it's all just normal these days. And I'm not normal, that might as well be."

• Upvote 3

• Subscriber
13 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

Didn't really know where to stick this so put it here... Pretty much agree with most of it

The list of footballers who share their lives through social media is long - but it's fair to say Sandro Wagner doesn't feature on it.

In an interview with t-online.de, the 31-year-old former Germany international made it pretty clear he's not a fan.

"I'm always presented like a Stone Age man, just because I don't actively use this nonsense," he said. "Social media is a big evil for me.

"People there make a living from sharing their lives with others. They can do nothing and get money for it if I watch them having breakfast."

Wagner, who left German champions Bayern Munich for Chinese Super League side Tianjin Teda in January, is worried social media can give children "a false picture of life".

"I see the danger that our children will become more and more stupid and ultimately more unhappy because they are following the wrong role models, pretending to live in a glamorous world," he said.

"If it's all just about asking the internet community and the pseudo-stars there how I should have my hair cut or how I should paint my face in three minutes, then something is heading in the wrong direction."

Wagner, who has also played for Bundesliga sides Werder Bremen, Hertha Berlin and Hoffenheim, scored five goals in eight appearances for Germany. He retired from international duty when he was let out of the 2018 World Cup squad.

"Making your own experiences, developing through real contact with other people, feeling how things actually go down with others when you say them... there's less and less of that," said Wagner.

"But maybe it's all just normal these days. And I'm not normal, that might as well be."

Wagner can be quite a bit of a tool but he's completely right here.

Well, good news here is that I ditched SlingTV, which dropped Fox Sports from their TV listings. Fox has the US Rights for the Bundesliga, and now my new cable, YouTube TV will allow me to start the Bundesliga again. 

Boom. 

• Upvote 1

Nice. Yesterday was the first time I watched four full length football matches, I think. Because it was raining all day. Frankfurt - Bremen was by far the best. So Bundesliga über alles! :ph34r:

3 hours ago, Tommy said:

Nice. Yesterday was the first time I watched four full length football matches, I think. Because it was raining all day. Frankfurt - Bremen was by far the best. So Bundesliga über alles! :ph34r:

I ususally watch two, maybe 3 a weekend. Always Atlanta United, Spartak, and Inter. Usually they play at such different times I can usually have another game on in the background while I grill out food or clean the house.