talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Kristho's Schland! - Off Topic

2 hours ago, Eco said:

Ha - the truth hurts :)

It's not a bad drink as sometimes a light, crisp, easy drink it was the occasion calls for. But it's similar to some generic American beers in ABV and taste profile, just with a different strand of yeast. 

You miss the point. If you order a K*lsch in Düsseldorf, you'll most likely get bewildered looks, or you get politely yet firmly asked to leave. 

2 hours ago, Faithcore said:

I actually like to drink Kölsch when in Cologne. Has nothing to do with beer though, more like soda.

54 minutes ago, Viva la FCB said:

I actually enjoy drinking Kölsch thank you very much, but much like drinking a stout theres a time of year for it. 

I dont mind them either. But after the meme of American beer tasting like water, I figured it was all too easy.

50 minutes ago, Tommy said:

You miss the point. If you order a K*lsch in Düsseldorf, you'll most likely get bewildered looks, or you get politely yet firmly asked to leave. 

I get it as I read your post. I was just comparing them as Kolsch is very light and taste similar to water, yet is a German beer.

13 minutes ago, Eco said:

I get it as I read your post. I was just comparing them as Kolsch is very light and taste similar to water, yet is a German beer.

We drink Altbier here, which is quite the opposite of light and close to water :P Although Faithcore wouldn't agree that it's good, but he just drinks girly drinks like Kölsch, Pils and probably.......Radler :ph34r:

• Haha 1

• Subscriber
53 minutes ago, Eco said:

I dont mind them either. But after the meme of American beer tasting like water, I figured it was all too easy.

fair. But they have a point though, budweiser is so bad. If it makes you feel any better our Canadian and Kokanee is trash too :what:

• Subscriber

Honestly the worst beer I ever drank was Finnish. Lapin Kulta was the name of the brand I think. Watered-down, bland and disgusting to such a degree that it's barely even drinkable - even at 6am in transit at the airport after a long haul flight which normally means I'm not very picky anymore at that point. Oh and the price of 11€ for a glass didn't do it any favours either. Horrific. Should be a crime to even call it beer as it's false advertising.

33 minutes ago, Viva la FCB said:

fair. But they have a point though, budweiser is so bad. If it makes you feel any better our Canadian and Kokanee is trash too :what:

Idk...I think their are situations for all kinds of beer. 

Give me a stout in the winter, and give me a Bud/Coors Light in the Hot Summer. Although for 'basic' light beer, nothing beats Sol. My god it's heavenly. 

GUEST_c8d64c57-20b3-4e82-9b91-fbf5a9790b

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
17 minutes ago, Eco said:

Give me a stout in the winter, and give me a Bud/Coors Light in the Hot Summer. Although for 'basic' light beer, nothing beats Sol. My god it's heavenly. 

I think both Sol and Corona are both very mediocre bland beers but I do enjoy a Corona with a wedge of lime on a hot day; especially on the beach. Or as a part of long drinks. Michelada :x Goes really well along spicy food too. Or if you want to spend the whole day pub crawling. So yeah I agree; there's a place and time for different kinds of beer. Weirdly enough Heineken tastes good during a flight for some reason.

There are some that are absolutely horrid at all times and in all situations though.

1 minute ago, nudge said:

I think both Sol and Corona are both very mediocre bland beers but I do enjoy a Corona with a wedge of lime on a hot day; especially on the beach. Or as a part of long drinks. Michelada :x Goes really well along spicy food too. Or if you want to spend the whole day pub crawling. So yeah I agree; there's a place and time for different kinds of beer. Weirdly enough Heineken tastes good during a flight for some reason.

There are some that are absolutely horrid at all times and in all situations though.

Fair enough. See I find Carta Blanca a bland beer, but if the minute Sol touches my lips, I know it's either time to relax and enjoy life. It's my 'go to beer' that I always have in the fridge, and man it's heavenly for a go to beer. 

• Subscriber
54 minutes ago, Eco said:

But the problem is within those categories theres just better beer, coors and sol are fairly average beers. Within light beers dos equis or heinekin or grolsch imo are far better beers. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Viva la FCB said:

But the problem is within those categories theres just better beer, coors and sol are fairly average beers. Within light beers dos equis or heinekin or grolsch imo are far better beers. 

I have never been able to get into Heinekin. 

Dos Equis is one I can get behind, for sure. Sol and DE are similar to me, and typically Sol is cheaper here so I just gave a case of that and I'm on my way. 

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Viva la FCB said:

Bonus point for Grolsch :x

• Subscriber
39 minutes ago, Eco said:

I have never been able to get into Heinekin. 

Dos Equis is one I can get behind, for sure. Sol and DE are similar to me, and typically Sol is cheaper here so I just gave a case of that and I'm on my way. 

I have a harder time finding Sol around here these days, maybe DE beat it out Im not sure but I can find DE everywhere. Grolsch is an easy drinker, little better taste then heineken imo but all somewhat similar.

• Subscriber

I quite like Warsteiner for what it is; especially Warsteiner Herb. To be honest other than the cheap low quality ones the only mainstream mass-produced German beer that I can't stand is Veltins. Most of the others are alright; I obviously like some sorts better than some others but in general I don't mind most of them. 

51 minutes ago, nudge said:

I quite like Warsteiner for what it is; especially Warsteiner Herb. To be honest other than the cheap low quality ones the only mainstream mass-produced German beer that I can't stand is Veltins. Most of the others are alright; I obviously like some sorts better than some others but in general I don't mind most of them. 

Veltins is VERY mild. Nothing special about it.