talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Kristho's Schland! - Off Topic

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Eco said:

Pester away. 

Just sitting here, drinking a German Style beer, watching my College's American Football team kick absolute ass being up 31-0 and it's not even half-time. 

I have absolutely no clue about American Football but leading 31-0 is probably good, right? xD 

I was watching old F1 races for a while but just can't focus enough to care.

Just now, nudge said:

I have absolutely no clue about American Football but leading 31-0 is probably good, right? xD 

I was watching old F1 races for a while but just can't focus enough to care.

Ha yeah. It's really good. I think the scoring is similar to Rugby if you know that scoring system. 

I was curious while watching today, why did Albon get the RB seat over Kvyat? Daniil has been good this year, and even now has been out qualifying Gasly as he Albon. 

I know you like Alex Albon, but Daniil seems like a talented and ruthless driver. 

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, Eco said:

Ha yeah. It's really good. I think the scoring is similar to Rugby if you know that scoring system. 

I was curious while watching today, why did Albon get the RB seat over Kvyat? Daniil has been good this year, and even now has been out qualifying Gasly as he Albon. 

I know you like Alex Albon, but Daniil seems like a talented and ruthless driver. 

I posted a long-ish post about it at the time when Alex got promoted so I'll just copy paste the part of it re: Albon vs Kvyat:

"Also it doesn't surprise me one bit that Red Bull are putting Albon in the car instead of Kvyat for the rest of the season. They already know all they need about Kvyat whereas Alex still is a bit of enigma and this is a perfect chance to compare all of their drivers in order to make an informed decision for 2020. If Albon performs better than Gasly did, he should get the seat next year. If he performs at the same level as Gasly did, Red Bull will know they have to look for another driver for next season. Gasly was miserably slow in a Red Bull, Kvyat wasn't convincingly beating Albon in a Toro Rosso despite having 4-5 years more experience in F1; it will be very interesting to see how they do against each other now. "

Kvyat is just filling a seat at Toro Rosso until one of the Red Bull juniors is eligible for the Super License and makes it to F1 anyway. A bit unfair to him as I also think he's a good driver; that's why I think he should be looking for a drive outside of RB/TR in the near future.

2 minutes ago, nudge said:

I posted a long-ish post about it at the time when Alex got promoted so I'll just copy paste the part of it re: Albon vs Kvyat:

"Also it doesn't surprise me one bit that Red Bull are putting Albon in the car instead of Kvyat for the rest of the season. They already know all they need about Kvyat whereas Alex still is a bit of enigma and this is a perfect chance to compare all of their drivers in order to make an informed decision for 2020. If Albon performs better than Gasly did, he should get the seat next year. If he performs at the same level as Gasly did, Red Bull will know they have to look for another driver for next season. Gasly was miserably slow in a Red Bull, Kvyat wasn't convincingly beating Albon in a Toro Rosso despite having 4-5 years more experience in F1; it will be very interesting to see how they do against each other now. "

Kvyat is just filling a seat at Toro Rosso until one of the Red Bull juniors is eligible for the Super License and makes it to F1 anyway. A bit unfair to him as I also think he's a good driver; that's why I think he should be looking for a drive outside of RB/TR in the near future.

I remember this post now. 

Do you also get the feeling that everyone will start looking younger with studs like Max, Charles, Lando, and Russel, all out performing their teamates? I'd hate for Kvyat to get knocked out of F1, but from everything I've read, he was battling some demons earlier on in his career and since his fall from RB and his rebound to TR, he's in a better place mentally. 

Anyways, surely he'll have a seat at TR next year right? 

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Eco said:

I remember this post now. 

Do you also get the feeling that everyone will start looking younger with studs like Max, Charles, Lando, and Russel, all out performing their teamates? I'd hate for Kvyat to get knocked out of F1, but from everything I've read, he was battling some demons earlier on in his career and since his fall from RB and his rebound to TR, he's in a better place mentally. 

Anyways, surely he'll have a seat at TR next year right? 

Yeah I can't imagine him not having a drive next season.

We currently have a nice bunch of talented young drivers coming up; it's good to see. Either way I wish there were more teams and more seats available as so much talent just gets ignored due to limited number of seats... 

And I'm craving for a Döner now. ffs.

• Haha 1

Yeah I can't imagine him not having a drive next season.

We currently have a nice bunch of talented young drivers coming up; it's good to see. Either way I wish there were more teams and more seats available as so much talent just gets ignored due to limited number of seats... 

And I'm craving for a Döner now. ffs.

I mean if Kvyat doesn't have but Grosjean does, then something is wrong with F1. I still don't understand what their love affair with Grosjean is as he just seems like a reckless nutcase. He drives me nuts...

The issue would be the fact that I'm not sure the Haas car is any better than the TR, but he'd certainly be cheaper (and better) than Grosjean. 

6 hours ago, nudge said:

Anyone's still awake? I've got a cold (it's almost as bad as @Bluewolf's manflu) and can't sleep and I'm boooooored to death :( Talk to me. 

6 hours ago, nudge said:

:35_thinking: You're sleep talking again!

6 hours ago, Panflute said:

No, you are dreaming and this isn't real.

6 hours ago, nudge said:

My fever is not THAT high :P 

Can't underestimate the Man Flu... When I had it I had out of body experiences and everything... You could be experiencing some sort of Matrix scenario... Your body could have lapsed into a coma like state and yet your mind has freed itself to wander unhindered but you are just not aware of it?? 

I don't think they have an official medical term for females that get infected with the man flu, but it's dangerous and you have my sympathies.. 

• Haha 1

Read this as dating instead darting and was a bit confused for a while xD 

I'd not recommend dating in a pub. As far as I witnessed, the "women" that date in a pub already "dated" half the pub.

• Subscriber
26 minutes ago, Tommy said:

I'd not recommend dating in a pub. As far as I witnessed, the "women" that date in a pub already "dated" half the pub.

That's kind of the point of looking for an easy "date" in a pub I'd say xD 

• Subscriber
56 minutes ago, Tommy said:

If that's your thing, okay. But generally, the women you meet in a Kneipe. uuuf. 

Haha. My point was, most women looking for men in a pub aren't exactly looking for a long-term dating & relationship, just like most men who look for women there aren't either. So it's a fair exchange for both parties and therefore serves it's purpose. It's not my thing at all anyway xD 

• 2 weeks later...

Lost one of my old friends this week.  Wolfgang had been an 04 fan since his teenage years and left is sadly on 65 years old after a life of hard mining and then jazz band playing in one of the local Gelsenkirchen bands.  Great Guy and sadly missed.  Maybe 04 will remember him in the next programme!

https://www.waz.de/staedte/gelsenkirchen/dieser-gelsenkirchener-blues-service-ist-ausgezeichnet-id212373009.html

Edited by SchalkeUK
  • Upvote 2

56 minutes ago, SchalkeUK said:

Lost one of my old friends this week.  Wolfgang had been an 04 fan since his teenage years and left is sadly on 65 years old after a life of hard mining and then jazz band playing in one of the local Gelsenkirchen bands.  Great Guy and sadly missed.  Maybe 04 will remember him in the next programme!

https://www.waz.de/staedte/gelsenkirchen/dieser-gelsenkirchener-blues-service-ist-ausgezeichnet-id212373009.html

Sad to hear this.