talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Kristho's Schland! - Off Topic

13 hours ago, SchalkeUK said:

Doing fine!  Interesting day today - CT and MRI Annual scans - will spend part of my afternoon in a tube!!!  Otherwise just a normal Tuesday and Tv Cup games tonight to look forward to!

I hope everything turns out fine for you! 

11 hours ago, Viva la FCB said:

Its snowing alot here, havent had this much snow in a few years. Cooled off to like -8 degrees durring the day and like up to -15 overnights. I love the scenery but god damn do i hate driving in it, more so the people then the snow.

Meanwhile we have like 14 C° here. We basically had no proper winter this year. Maybe two or three nights we had -2 or -3 C°. Very unusual winter for sure. 

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Tommy said:

Meanwhile we have like 14 C° here. We basically had no proper winter this year. Maybe two or three nights we had -2 or -3 C°. Very unusual winter for sure. 

That sounds great right about now! Honestly we were having a very similar winter was around 10 c for most of it but the cold came in about a week ago. We got about a foot of snow overnight so looks like a snow day for me today, it's not all bad, huzzah!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber
10 minutes ago, Tommy said:

This is probably geo restricted, but a very interesting and insightful video on Deniz Aytekin or refereeing in general. 

Weirdly enough it's geoblocked on youtube but not on the Sportschau website :what:

https://www.sportschau.de/fussball/allgemein/video-karten-pfiffe-fette-baesse---schiedsrichter-deniz-aytekin--100.html

Cheers for sharing; will watch it later. But I think it's incredible how Aytekin improved in recent years. Definitely my most favourite referee in the Bundesliga atm.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, nudge said:

Weirdly enough it's geoblocked on youtube but not on the Sportschau website :what:

https://www.sportschau.de/fussball/allgemein/video-karten-pfiffe-fette-baesse---schiedsrichter-deniz-aytekin--100.html

Cheers for sharing; will watch it later. But I think it's incredible how Aytekin improved in recent years. Definitely my most favourite referee in the Bundesliga atm.

You're welcome. And I agree with Aytekin. He was laughable 5-6 years ago, and now he's unarguably one of the best referees in Germany. 

Another funny thing is, his goal in life is to be a DJ at Tomorrowland one day. He's a DJ in his free time. 

694228251-deniz-aytekin-schiedsrichter-b

Not something I would have expected to be honest. xD

• Wow 1

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Because of the storm/hurricane I've stayed at home today except for maybe 20 minutes for a short walk. It really messes with my head. I hate staying indoors all day. 

What do you do outdoors all day?

• 2 weeks later...

So I was going through a bunch of old German footballers, looking at their stats and whatnot, and I noticed more than not they were from Baden-Württemberg. Any particular reason?

Also just for fun, what are the region stereotype of each state/province?

2 hours ago, Spike said:

So I was going through a bunch of old German footballers, looking at their stats and whatnot, and I noticed more than not they were from Baden-Württemberg. Any particular reason?

Also just for fun, what are the region stereotype of each state/province?

Stuttgart and even Kalrsruhe have a very good youth academy. 

Hmm, as for stereoytpes. I'd say Baden-Württemberg have the tendency to be very arrogant and full of themselves. East Germans are usually lazy and racist, Bavarian's are very proud of themselves, overly religious and speak weird. North Germans are usually laid back. Hmm... I'm sure I can think of more later on. 

lmao, this is pretty funny:

stereotype-funny.jpg

This might be more accurate:

75db5a235254d9b488b6fb7229f1b511.png

2 minutes ago, nudge said:

How does it differ from a "regular" Sauerbraten? 

Well, good question. I don't know any other. But I think originally, rheinischer is made with horse meat. Although I don't really it like that. :35_thinking:

• Haha 1

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Well, good question. I don't know any other. But I think originally, rheinischer is made with horse meat. Although I don't really it like that. :35_thinking:

Yeah it's probably just some regional variations in spices/herbs used for the marinade. Thought maybe there's something particularly unique about your version of it :D 

• Upvote 1