talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Kristho's Schland! - Off Topic

• Administrator
13 minutes ago, SchalkeUK said:

Hallo Leute!

Everything is fine!  I've had a very pleasant text from Eco - just proves that his texts do not sometimes actually represent the guy he is!:hh:

He texts me sometimes and he's a right dickhead.

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

22 hours ago, SchalkeUK said:

Hallo Leute!

Everything is fine!  I've had a very pleasant text from Eco - just proves that his texts do not sometimes actually represent the guy he is!:hh:

I love hearing that. He has always been a bit difficult growing up, but he has a good heart and does everything for his friends and family.

When he left the academy and went back to the US, all coaches and other kids were in tears.

• Haha 2

On 26/08/2020 at 13:10, SchalkeUK said:

Hallo Leute!

Love ya Herr Alan 

5 minutes ago, Eco said:

Whatever happen to the table we used to put together ranked on how we felt about all the Bundesliga teams? It was like the Sympathy table or something....?

We are waiting to bring it back until Duisburg returns to the Bundesliga. 

• Haha 2

• Subscriber
19 minutes ago, Faithcore said:

We are waiting to bring it back until Duisburg returns to the Bundesliga. 

Well that's just unfair, since there would be simply no competition, MSV wins by default... 

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...

So it is a little difficult to explain but in English speaking media there is this stereotype of the 'effeminate German accent'. I'm not sure it actually exists but essentially it's used in character comedy and breaking it down it sounds like the opposite to the other stereotypical 'angry, harsh, German accent'. It essentially sounds like a limp-wristed effeminate flamboyant man (never portrayed as female) but I digress; the point is Werner sounds like this stereotype when he speaks English.

2 hours ago, Spike said:

So it is a little difficult to explain but in English speaking media there is this stereotype of the 'effeminate German accent'. I'm not sure it actually exists but essentially it's used in character comedy and breaking it down it sounds like the opposite to the other stereotypical 'angry, harsh, German accent'. It essentially sounds like a limp-wristed effeminate flamboyant man (never portrayed as female) but I digress; the point is Werner sounds like this stereotype when he speaks English.

It's not his fault - anyone whose mother gives him the name 'Timo' is asking for trouble

• 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber
Just now, Eco said:

2 Managers sacked after Matchday 2...

Who will be next? 

On 28/09/2020 at 16:25, Eco said:

A Bundesliga team of the Week with no players from Bayern, Dortmund, RB, or Gladbach? 

Yellow card for you. This is a football-free off topic zone! :cardY:

:P 

OK - so away from footie, how many are watching young Danny Altmaier in Paris this morning.  One of Tommy' s locals and beginning to shine on the Tennis Courts at last.  He's a Dusseldorf guy and I first saw him in Hamburg when he was getting started - he looked fit and good then, but injuries caused a problem for a while.  His performance this morning is worth a look!

41 minutes ago, SchalkeUK said:

OK - so away from footie, how many are watching young Danny Altmaier in Paris this morning.  One of Tommy' s locals and beginning to shine on the Tennis Courts at last.  He's a Dusseldorf guy and I first saw him in Hamburg when he was getting started - he looked fit and good then, but injuries caused a problem for a while.  His performance this morning is worth a look!

He's from Kempen according to Wikipedia. I'd have heard of him if he was from Düsseldorf. Oh well, we still have Martin Kaymer. :427_golf:

13 hours ago, Tommy said:

He's from Kempen according to Wikipedia. I'd have heard of him if he was from Düsseldorf. Oh well, we still have Martin Kaymer. :427_golf:

I have met Kaymer and thought he was a stand up guy. Is he from Dusseldorf? 

My favorite German athlete (non-football) is still Alex Zverev, but he's from Hamburg. 

5 minutes ago, nudge said:

Don't care much about tennis and even less about golf... 

Mick Schumacher FTW.

I don't know much about Mick outside the fact that his father is famous and Mick seems to be a very talented F2 driver. 

Hulkenburg does appear to be a great guy, so he would be my #2 German. 

• Subscriber
5 minutes ago, Eco said:

I don't know much about Mick outside the fact that his father is famous and Mick seems to be a very talented F2 driver. 

Hulkenburg does appear to be a great guy, so he would be my #2 German. 

giphy.gif 

:ph34r:

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, Tommy said:

Towards the end of my time in schools I went locally to Leeds, Bradford, Doncaster, Barnsley - even Sheffield and they were are considered to be somewhat 'local' - even the present England Cricket captain was a great student in Sheffield and Kempen is only 19 miles from Duss so he's as local as I would consider him to be one you would want to watch and support - that final outcome of the game was really impressive for his first time in a major and - although he might have harder games to come, he - and Duss folk - can be proud of the guy!

8 hours ago, Eco said:

I have met Kaymer and thought he was a stand up guy. Is he from Dusseldorf? 

My favorite German athlete (non-football) is still Alex Zverev, but he's from Hamburg. 

Yup, he was born in Düsseldorf and grew up in a village next to Düsseldorf but went to school here. 

Zverez is a great talent, but he really needs to work on his attitude.