talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Kristho's Schland! - Off Topic

6 hours ago, Aladdin said:

West Europe. Because post union Germany is a successor state of West Germany, East Germany is a relic of the past. 

Wrong, the fact that parts of countries don't move geographically from 1 European fraction to another aside, you argued political here and under this condition West Europe is redundant, since East Europe as a whole doesn't exist anymore. Therefore you either use simply European or Central European , since Germany simply doesn't belong to the western parts of Europe. Calling them West European is as debattable as calling China a part of the Mongolian Empire nowadays.

Edited by Rucksackfranzose
  • Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

Wrong, the fact that parts of countries don't move geographically from 1 European fraction to another aside, you argued political here and under this condition West Europe is redundant, since East Europe as a whole doesn't exist anymore. Therefore you either use simply European or Central European , since Germany simply doesn't belong to the western parts of Europe. Calling them West European is as debattable as calling China a part of the Mongolian Empire nowadays.

Parts moving don't matter when every country has parts that is the most defining of that country. Turkey is 90% in Asia but largely seen as European for obvious reasons. Like how people see Pakistan as just similar to India when it simply doesn't just belong to Indian subcontinent. 

West Germany is the most defining part of Germany, it qualifies more to be part of West Europe, simple :coffee:

1 minute ago, Aladdin said:

Parts moving don't matter when every country has parts that is the most defining of that country. Turkey is 90% in Asia but largely seen as European for obvious reasons. Like how people see Pakistan as just similar to India when it simply doesn't just belong to Indian subcontinent. 

West Germany is the most defining part of Germany, it qualifies more to be part of West Europe, simple :coffee:

You're discounting the fact that East Europe doesn't exist anymore in a political sense here. The capitalist West/marxist-leninist East antagonism is collapsed here, so Estonia would be West Europe in your definition, although it's the most eastern of the Baltic states. Geographically even the most western parts aren't West Europe. Although I enjoyed this discussion we have to agree to disagree. Last remark from my part is that many people see Pakistan as similar to India since the have a few cultural similarities for an ignorant European. You're really want to adopt such an post-colonially racist point of view?

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Coma said:

Depends on the weather but I might be attending this weekend.

https://www.schuetzenfestcincy.com/index.html

Nice. Love Schützenfeste and the fun fairs that come with them. This year we'll have the biggest "Kirmes am Rhein" in July again for the first time since the pandemic. 

My district always has it's Schützenfest in September. So it's a gamble with the weather. 😅

My neighbour was Schützenkönig once. It's expensive as fuck. So his wife only allowed him to become Schützenkönig once. xD

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Coma said:

Depends on the weather but I might be attending this weekend.

https://www.schuetzenfestcincy.com/index.html

The adaption of Schützenfeste doesn't surprise considering how loved fire arms are with parts of US-Americans.xD Have fun Schützenfeste are traditionally very drink - happy events.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

The adaption of Schützenfeste doesn't surprise considering how loved fire arms are with parts of US-Americans.xD Have fun Schützenfeste are traditionaly very drink - happy events.

I heard it was buy one get one for AR-15's there as well.  Can't wait.

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...
46 minutes ago, Aladdin said:

I don't know about German winters but we used to turn on the hair dryer inside the blanket in hostel, it warmed enough for a while.

As for the German winters, temperatures below 0C are common,  and temperatures below -10C not seldom at night. There's a reason, why Germany is the most successful nation at Winter Olympics alltime table, after all.:)

Edit: Firewood shortage at the moment is probably more due to the barbecue season right now, though.

• Subscriber
5 minutes ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

As for the German winters, temperatures below 0C are common,  and temperatures below -10C not seldom at night. There's a reason, why Germany is the most successful nation at Winter Olympics alltime table, after all.:)

Edit: Firewood shortage at the moment is probably more due to the barbecue season right now, though.

wolf-of-wall-street-rookie-numbers.gif

31 minutes ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

IMG-20220701-205840.jpg

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Do people feel enthusiastic about the coming season?

I must admit I have lost much of my passion for the game in the last years. Covid did not help. I will try to follow Bundesliga and European football a bit more again though, and see if I can muster some interest.  

• Upvote 4

• Subscriber
5 minutes ago, Relling said:

I must admit I have lost much of my passion for the game in the last years. Covid did not help. I will try to follow Bundesliga and European football a bit more again though, and see if I can muster some interest.  

I agree; my interest was waning pre covid but that probably made things worse as well. I still watch nearly every Bayern match but not a whole lot else anymore, thats also partly due to time; I just dont have enough of it! The ocassional Bundesliga clash or some of the big champions league matches otherwise but far less interest in neutral matches for sure. 

• Upvote 2

• Subscriber
11 hours ago, Relling said:

Good to hear from you Truls! 

Similarly to you, I lost most of my interest in football in recent years. Still watch Werder regularly and then a few occasional games in lower leagues or Austria sometimes, but have absolutely no interest in European (whether it's other top leagues or European competitions) or international football anymore. If anything, Werder playing in the 2. Bundesliga last season actually rekindled my passion a bit, as it was a much more honest, pur, raw competition (an exciting championship battle really helped, too). I will try to watch more football this season again, especially lower leagues.

• Upvote 3

15 hours ago, Relling said:

The COVID period actually rekindled my interest in the Bundesliga, likely because it was the first league to start back up after suspension.  I had been primarily following Seria A and the EFL Championship up to that point, while peripherally keeping tabs on the Bundesliga.

I have no real interest in European competitions, nor the EPL.  I've actually been more interested in lower league football over the past couple years.

• Subscriber
11 minutes ago, Coma said:

Thats hilarious. I actually recently found out a rule for deposits here is they have to pay you back interest. Not nearly as good as this but the original 500$ deposit over 20 years gives you back a few thousand kind of thing.

• Upvote 1