talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Kristho's Schland! - Off Topic

44 minutes ago, nudge said:

"Customer is always right" is a bad policy which caters to sociopaths and narcissists, and breeds entitled assholes. My former company's policy when I was working in customer service was basically this - if it's our mistake, we'll apologise and make it right. If it's your mistake but you're nice and polite, we'll do what we can to help you make it right, often at our expense. If it's your mistake and you're a rude and entitled cunt, good luck with it, you're not getting any help. 

I don't know how many times this gets played here in the US.  I used to work in a bookstore when I was in college and so many times we had to cater to assholes.  It used to eat me up.  The German approach seems to be the correct one, honestly.

• Upvote 2

On this topic, we used to have a local television news reporter that frequented the bookstore.  He was known to be difficult to work with and a notorious "returner"... he'd consume the product (book/music/magazine, etc.) and then return it for a refund, claiming it was defective or "it wasn't what he thought it was".  I was working kasse once and he came up and slapped down his ID and asked for a refund on some books.  I looked at his ID and said "ah, I know who you are", meaning that he wasn't going to get anything from me that day.  He took it completely wrong and gave me this big ass smile, stuck out his hand for a shake, and said "thanks for watching" 😆.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

On 03/10/2022 at 12:56, Rucksackfranzose said:

It's a cliche brought to the world by English speaking people used to customer services being ass kissing whatever the customer's behaviour. German customer services treat people like they're treated from them.

No it isn’t. It is an Americansim, because Americans often have to work for tips. The English speaking world isn’t one homogenous culture.

• Administrator
On 03/10/2022 at 18:49, nudge said:

"Customer is always right" is a bad policy which caters to sociopaths and narcissists, and breeds entitled assholes. My former company's policy when I was working in customer service was basically this - if it's our mistake, we'll apologise and make it right. If it's your mistake but you're nice and polite, we'll do what we can to help you make it right, often at our expense. If it's your mistake and you're a rude and entitled cunt, good luck with it, you're not getting any help. 

PREACH!!!

3 hours ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

Since when aren't the USA part of the English speaking world? Also where did I say the English speaking world were homogenous?

It’s pretty broad strokes you’re using, that’s the implicit nature of using nebulous statements like yours. If you didn’t mean all English speakers, why would you address all of them?
I don’t understand why you are being defensive about this.

You’d say the same thing about broad strokes concerning German culture. 

13 minutes ago, Spike said:

It’s pretty broad strokes you’re using, that’s the implicit nature of using nebulous statements like yours. If you didn’t mean all English speakers, why would you address all of them?
I don’t understand why you are being defensive about this.

You’d say the same thing about broad strokes concerning German culture. 

Well, unless you didn't meant Chileans , Brazilians, Argentinians and so on as well, your statement was as nebulous, when you were talking about US-Americans using the term Americans, than!

Edited by Rucksackfranzose

12 minutes ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

Well, unless you didn't meant Chileans , Brazilians, Argentinians and so on as well, your statement was as nebulous, when you were talking about US-Americans using the term Americans, than!

I’m not trying to fight here mate, I was just saying it’s particular to a specific part.

‘American’ is the USA’s official demonym , so how would I specify otherwise ?

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

So bit of a random request but I figured what the hell its worth a shot. I really wanted last years Bayern Oktoberfest Wiesn kit but I missed the boat and so I turned to this years but apparently isnt available at least that I can find outside of Germany. Wondering if theres any of you fella's that would be willing to order for me and ship oversea's to me in Canada? It looks about €100, obviously ill pay you the shipping costs on top and I dont mind sending you the money up front to order the kit as its a big ask - if anyones willing ill definitely send you some extra for a case of beer or two for the help. No hard feelings either way, bit of a long shot :D

https://www.adidas.de/en/fc-bayern-22/23-wiesn-jersey/IC1435.html?forceSelSize=IC1435_230&recipeId=UQT301334 

9 minutes ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

@Viva la FCB

http://shopwm2022.myshoplaza.com/collections/bayern-munchen?spm=..producte0cc5cdf-41c5-aa0d-619309c05d07.header_1.1

Here you can order the Wiesn jersey for less money, and they deliver worldwide.

Is this legit? 

I like how in the 2. Bundesliga section they have almost all the teams, except Fortuna. :/ Must be because we have that weird deal with 11 Team Sports who are some weird layover company between us and Adidas. 

• Subscriber
44 minutes ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

@Viva la FCB

http://shopwm2022.myshoplaza.com/collections/bayern-munchen?spm=..producte0cc5cdf-41c5-aa0d-619309c05d07.header_1.1

Here you can order the Wiesn jersey for less money, and they deliver worldwide.

Appreciate the effort. Knockoff might be my only option in the end. 

1 hour ago, Viva la FCB said:

So bit of a random request but I figured what the hell its worth a shot. I really wanted last years Bayern Oktoberfest Wiesn kit but I missed the boat and so I turned to this years but apparently isnt available at least that I can find outside of Germany. Wondering if theres any of you fella's that would be willing to order for me and ship oversea's to me in Canada? It looks about €100, obviously ill pay you the shipping costs on top and I dont mind sending you the money up front to order the kit as its a big ask - if anyones willing ill definitely send you some extra for a case of beer or two for the help. No hard feelings either way, bit of a long shot :D

https://www.adidas.de/en/fc-bayern-22/23-wiesn-jersey/IC1435.html?forceSelSize=IC1435_230&recipeId=UQT301334 

I would feel very dirty ordering a Bayern shirt, but I'm always happy to help. So let me know what size you need etc.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

On 05/10/2022 at 12:45, Tommy said:

2dmk14.jpg?a462288

This is how see the English speaking world.

USA - The snobbish elder brother who everyone dislikes but he pays the bills so

UK - The old dad who likes to think he is in charge but the big brother actually runs everything

Australia - The weird uncle  who acts racist but is nice

New Zealand - Step brother whose presence often goes unnoticed

Canada - The nice caring aunt who is a bit eccentric in private life when you get to know her more personally

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, Viva la FCB said:

xD I appreciate that a great deal sir, thank you so much! ill pm you in a bit here.

I hope there's no Bayern logo on the package. I'm worried what the neighbours might think. :ph34r:

• Haha 2

• 4 weeks later...