talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Kristho's Schland! - Off Topic

1 hour ago, nudge said:

Thanks a lot, that's a lot of helpful advice!!! I'm pretty sure that bike will already be gone once I make my decision xD I'll message you some pics of other ones when I'm close to buying it, if you don't mind? I'll surely get a test ride regardless of what I buy, it's not a problem at all, everyone does it here. I'd normally ask a friend who's an experienced rider to help me with that, but he's not here for a few months...

I already found a good garage nearby, as we had to have our car brakes checked last time we went there :D People are also very helpful here, so no worries about it at all.

The roads in my new town are really good for the most part, well the main ones at least, but I don't plan on doing a lot of traveling out of town either way... Lovely backdrop of mountains and the ocean too...

Waterfront-in-Kep-Cambodia-2017-56.jpg

Waterfront-foad-near-Mealea-Resort-in-Ke

ae4UI8P.jpg

:x 

Can't wait...

How beautiful is that... Those roads look fine, great riding conditions.. Might be worth waiting until your friend is around before making any final decision then as there is nothing like having someone who can steer you in the right direction and spot the pitfalls as long as there is no urgency... Sounds like you are living in and around a good area with helpful locals then so can't see you going too far wrong with a purchase... 

That turn by the sea looks awesome... Great on a lovely day and what views... wouldn't fancy it much in strong winds or stormy weather though.. mind you, what a rush that would be.. xD

And feel free to send any pictures of any more potential purchases.. 

Edited by Bluewolf
  • Upvote 1

• Subscriber
7 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

How beautiful is that... Those roads look fine, great riding conditions.. Might be worth waiting until your friend is around before making any final decision then as there is nothing like having someone who can steer you in the right direction and spot the pitfalls as long as there is no urgency... Sounds like you are living in and around a good area with helpful locals then so can't see you going too far wrong with a purchase... 

That turn by the sea looks awesome... Great on a lovely day and what views... wouldn't fancy it much in strong winds or stormy weather though.. mind you, what a rush that would be.. xD

Yes, the whole town is extremely beautiful, I absolutely love it :x The downside is that there's not much going on, and certain things (imported goods in particular) are hard to find since there's not a single supermarket in town, just a few tiny minimarts + a local market for fruit, vegetables, meat, etc. + fresh seafood market. Any shopping bar the essentials has to be done in the next bigger town some 30 km away, so sometimes it can be a bit of a nuisance, but it's not the end of the world... I already have two decent pubs to go to though, so all good :D Going back there this Wednesday, hoping to finally sort out final details of the rental contract, and then move in in a week or two... Fingers crossed, haha.

That turn by the sea (and the whole 2 km beach road loop that it's a part of) is one of the reasons I want to get a bike in the first place xD 

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, nudge said:

Yes, the whole town is extremely beautiful, I absolutely love it :x The downside is that there's not much going on, and certain things (imported goods in particular) are hard to find since there's not a single supermarket in town, just a few tiny minimarts + a local market for fruit, vegetables, meat, etc. + fresh seafood market. Any shopping bar the essentials has to be done in the next bigger town some 30 km away, so sometimes it can be a bit of a nuisance, but it's not the end of the world... I already have two decent pubs to go to though, so all good :D Going back there this Wednesday, hoping to finally sort out final details of the rental contract, and then move in in a week or two... Fingers crossed, haha.

That turn by the sea (and the whole 2 km beach road loop that it's a part of) is one of the reasons I want to get a bike in the first place xD 

I had a few mates over the years that got themselves racing bikes and I opted for a cruiser... when they were banging on about how quick their bikes used to go I just used to laugh... Speed is great if you are racing but not for taking in all the scenery.. There used to be a small group of us that used to get out in the evenings after work on the summer nights and me and my other cruising mate were always the last to get there.. we would stop at nice places and take breaks and enjoy the sights... They were all speed, speed, speed, faster, faster, faster.. xD

I do enjoy both types of bike to ride but with racers you are always tempted to open it up and give it some welly which is the whole point... I just don't need everything I do to be at 150MPH!! I am getting older, I want to be slowing stuff down not speeding it up xD

• Subscriber
4 hours ago, Bluewolf said:

I had a few mates over the years that got themselves racing bikes and I opted for a cruiser... when they were banging on about how quick their bikes used to go I just used to laugh... Speed is great if you are racing but not for taking in all the scenery.. There used to be a small group of us that used to get out in the evenings after work on the summer nights and me and my other cruising mate were always the last to get there.. we would stop at nice places and take breaks and enjoy the sights... They were all speed, speed, speed, faster, faster, faster.. xD

I do enjoy both types of bike to ride but with racers you are always tempted to open it up and give it some welly which is the whole point... I just don't need everything I do to be at 150MPH!! I am getting older, I want to be slowing stuff down not speeding it up xD

Racing bikes never really appealed to me, for some reason. I love speed, but I prefer experiencing it in a car xD The rush you get from driving a fast car, especially at a racing track, is something unbelievable... I'm sure it's even more adrenaline when you do it on a bike, but I do care about safety too much to do that mysef... I also don't find most racing bikes aesthetically appealing. Well, they do look nice, but I much prefer cruisers, cafe races, mini choppers, etc. 

Do you still ride?

2 hours ago, nudge said:

Racing bikes never really appealed to me, for some reason. I love speed, but I prefer experiencing it in a car xD The rush you get from driving a fast car, especially at a racing track, is something unbelievable... I'm sure it's even more adrenaline when you do it on a bike, but I do care about safety too much to do that mysef... I also don't find most racing bikes aesthetically appealing. Well, they do look nice, but I much prefer cruisers, cafe races, mini choppers, etc. 

Do you still ride?

Not currently... but I do miss the crap out of it when the summer months come rolling in... Every now and then I will take the missus out on my mates Harley which he is good enough to let me borrow from time to time.. Mine is currently off road and is going to need a fair bit of cash to get her back to her best but with other financial priorities I have had to leave it on the back burner unfortunately.. It's a bit of a long and sad story why she is off the road so I won't bore you with it... 

• Upvote 1

Now here's a suggestion!

Once you have settled in and got up and running, post the details of room rates and any special offers on here so that we can check out when we can come and see that bootiful countryside you have been showing us!  We are bound to have some free time before the end of the year but for such a long journey my better half will insist on coming too!:bye:

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Paulo Dybala said:

How about Latvian? 

For some reason Latvians seem to gravitate towards me, and vice versa. (More the former.)

Are you Irish-American?

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, Paulo Dybala said:

How about Latvian? 

For some reason Latvians seem to gravitate towards me, and vice versa. (More the former.)

Not exactly sure what was it all about since that post is from last year xD But I reckon we were talking about languages? Estonian is Finno-Ugric and thus related to Finnish and Hungarian (not Indo-European like the rest of Europe) , and has very little in common with Latvian and Lithuanian, both of which are Baltic languages. There are some similarities between Latvian and Estonian though due to the influence of Livonian language (an extinct Finno-Ugric language). 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Paulo Dybala said:

Have some Irish in me yes. Why do you ask? Latvians are the Irish of the Baltics? :):) 

No, it must be the shared love for potatoes then. 

• Haha 2

I've been in Strasbourg since sunday, and today I decided to take a quick trip into Germany while my friend is at work. I didn't want to go too far, so without much research, I chose Offenburg because it's a decent sized city. I've been here about half an hour and I'm bored. xD There's nothing here. I'm currently sat in a park to escape the sun for a bit. Maybe I should go and get a beer, but I don't speak a word of German...

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, ...Dan said:

I've been in Strasbourg since sunday, and today I decided to take a quick trip into Germany while my friend is at work. I didn't want to go too far, so without much research, I chose Offenburg because it's a decent sized city. I've been here about half an hour and I'm bored. xD There's nothing here. I'm currently sat in a park to escape the sun for a bit. Maybe I should go and get a beer, but I don't speak a word of German...

Pretty sure you can order a beer in English xD 

2 minutes ago, nudge said:

Pretty sure you can order a beer in English xD 

Haha yeah true, but I don't feel comfortable interacting with humans when I don't know the language. xD I don't want to be the tourist who demands to be spoken to in English. 

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, ...Dan said:

Haha yeah true, but I don't feel comfortable interacting with humans when I don't know the language. xD I don't want to be the tourist who demands to be spoken to in English. 

"Ein Bier, bitte" will get the job done then ;) 

• Subscriber
Just now, ...Dan said:

And if he asks me which one I will give him the same blank stare I give to french people who speak to quickly. xD

xD you'll probably get served Kronen Pils anyway, that's their local beer xD