talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Kristho's Schland! - Off Topic

• Subscriber

A proper Schwarzbier is class... 

DSC_2044.jpg

I also love good dark lagers. Actually found a great one here today; I usually buy their regular lager as it's easily the best beer in SE Asia but went to a bigger city today and found this dark one so bought a few bottles to try and I was so impressed I'm actually going back tomorrow to get a few crates.

beerlao.jpg

Not a big fan of Belgian style dark/brown beers like Dubbel etc because there's just too many aromas and tastes there for my liking. Can't stand caramel taste in beer especially.

• Upvote 2

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Köstritzer is alright, in my opinion. Bit too watery too though if you are used to Altbier. 

Caramel taste in beer? What the hell? God bless the Reinheitsgebot. 

Indeed... You especially learn to appreciate it once you're forced to drink other beers with who know what used in the brewing process... Beerlao is the only one that actually comes close to Reinheitsgebot as it only uses water, hops, yeast and barley + some polishes rice due to barley being expensive here. Other sorts are usually too sweet or just watery or tastes like shite. As for caramel - a lot of Belgian beers have that tastes; especially Trappist ones.

57 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Krombacher is a decent beer. My favourite Pils is probably Bitburger though, especially "vom Fass". 

I like it - I don't think we get access to a lot of 'good' german beers here due to our limits on Alc %

10 minutes ago, Eco said:

I like it - I don't think we get access to a lot of 'good' german beers here due to our limits on Alc %

What's the limit? Did you know that Beer wasn't considered an alcoholic beverage in Russia until 2014 (I believe), because of it's relatively low alcohol content? :4_joy:

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Viva la FCB said:

Guinness is great, that there is no debate. Im a fucking poet when it comes to beer, come at me.

A few summers ago I discovered Erdinger weissbier, great summer drink. 

Erdinger Kristall, master race! I'm usually not a big fan of Weissbier/Weizen, but Kristall is class. 

• Subscriber
4 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Erdinger Kristall, master race! I'm usually not a big fan of Weissbier/Weizen, but Kristall is class. 

Ill have to keep an eye out and try it I dont recall ever seeing it at our liquor stores though.

One of my biggest regrets was not stealing this cup, I really wanted it and they wouldnt sell it to me at the bar.... wouldnt have fit in my ladies purse and we where going to a hockey game right after. I looked it up online later to find it was like 40$+ to order it online....It haunts me still.

5756aecd131d9764bba91d36bee7179c--erding

12 minutes ago, Viva la FCB said:

Ill have to keep an eye out and try it I dont recall ever seeing it at our liquor stores though.

One of my biggest regrets was not stealing this cup, I really wanted it and they wouldnt sell it to me at the bar.... wouldnt have fit in my ladies purse and we where going to a hockey game right after. I looked it up online later to find it was like 40$+ to order it online....It haunts me still.

5756aecd131d9764bba91d36bee7179c--erding

I have a cupboard full of these things :4_joy:

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, Tommy said:

What's the limit? Did you know that Beer wasn't considered an alcoholic beverage in Russia until 2014 (I believe), because of it's relatively low alcohol content? :4_joy:

Not sure, but I am from the south which is known as the "Bible Belt" so its lower than others. 

• Sad 1