talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Kristho's Schland! - Off Topic

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, ATL said:

He kind of was. When we were playing, he was on his phone typing. Think at one point he took a selfie.

xDxDxD 

Two of my cousins actually live in the US. Their family won the green card and moved to Milwaukee some 20 years ago, they were living in Chicago later I think, maybe still are. 

Just now, nudge said:

xDxDxD 

Two of my cousins actually live in the US. Their family won the green card and moved to Milwaukee some 20 years ago, they were living in Chicago later I think, maybe still are. 

Damn - Get a Green Card and go to Milwaukee? I think I'd take 98% of the world over Milwaukee.

Are things not great in LIthuania? I'm always curious why people seem to chose to come here. I enjoy it, but I'd love to live in Europe.

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, ATL said:

Damn - Get a Green Card and go to Milwaukee? I think I'd take 98% of the world over Milwaukee.

Are things not great in LIthuania? I'm always curious why people seem to chose to come here. I enjoy it, but I'd love to live in Europe.

hey, when you come from Lithuania in the early to mid 90s, Milwaukee seems like paradise, I think xD 

No, things are not that great in LT. It used to be pretty cool in 2000-2007 when the economy was growing fast, but it's not very rosy these days. Cost of living is rather high while the salaries are still low, emigration rate is immense, we lost over 15% of our population in the last 10-12 years. Working-age population is declining, social security system will inevitably collapse in the (near) future. Corruption and bureaucracy are still a problem.

1 minute ago, nudge said:

hey, when you come from Lithuania in the early to mid 90s, Milwaukee seems like paradise, I think xD 

No, things are not that great in LT. It used to be pretty cool in 2000-2007 when the economy was growing fast, but it's not very rosy these days. Cost of living is rather high while the salaries are still low, emigration rate is immense, we lost over 15% of our population in the last 10-12 years. Working-age population is declining, social security system will inevitably collapse in the (near) future. Corruption and bureaucracy are still a problem.

Sorry to hear that. You have plans to ever go back long-term?

• Subscriber
Just now, ATL said:

Any idea where you may end up, or if you just plan to stay in Thailand for as long as possible!?

I'm actually in Cambodia, hehe. I prefer SE Asia to the rest of the world, so ideally I intend to stay here for as long as I can, but there are a lot of countries I'd consider if I had to (actually considered moving to Panama, Malta or Georgia (country, not the US State) a while ago, but decided to stay here for the time being). I'm very flexible and don't particularly care, so no idea where I might end up haha.

Just now, nudge said:

I'm actually in Cambodia, hehe. I prefer SE Asia to the rest of the world, so ideally I intend to stay here for as long as I can, but there are a lot of countries I'd consider if I had to (actually considered moving to Panama, Malta or Georgia (country, not the US State) a while ago, but decided to stay here for the time being). I'm very flexible and don't particularly care, so no idea where I might end up haha.

Man - I was like that once, living in Eastern Europe, but for some reason I was in a rush to get back home, and there are definitely days that I wish I could go back.

• Subscriber
Just now, ATL said:

Man - I was like that once, living in Eastern Europe, but for some reason I was in a rush to get back home, and there are definitely days that I wish I could go back.

Where in Eastern Europe did you live?

I'm weird, I don't get Heimweh at all. 

Cool! 

How did you like it in Hungary? I was considering it a while ago too, together with Czech Republic.

Probably my favorite outside of Russia. The language tripped me up big time and I was never able to grasp it (probably didn't stay long enough).

5 minutes ago, ATL said:

The language tripped me up big time and I was never able to grasp it (probably didn't stay long enough).

No wonder. Hungarian and Finnish are two of the most unique languages with no real familiarity with other language branches. 

3 minutes ago, Tsubasa said:

No wonder. Hungarian and Finnish are two of the most unique languages with no real familiarity with other language branches. 

And Estonian.

I have never been to Finland, but most of the remaining major Euro countries I have spent time in.

@Tsubasa - Outside of the obvious German and English, do you speak any other languages?

Just now, ATL said:

@Tsubasa - Outside of the obvious German and English, do you speak any other languages?

Bits and pieces. Bit of Spanish, French, Italian, but I never really found the motivation to properly learn them :( I had French in school, but little remains of what I once knew lol. Oh and I speak a bit of Croatian, because I've spent many holidays there as a child. But again, only bits and pieces. I attempted to learn Finnish once, but I only remember swear words. That was good enough to impress a Finnish girl I met on Malta though. 

Just now, Tsubasa said:

Bits and pieces. Bit of Spanish, French, Italian, but I never really found the motivation to properly learn them :( I had French in school, but little remains of what I once knew lol. Oh and I speak a bit of Croatian, because I've spent many holidays there as a child. But again, only bits and pieces. I attempted to learn Finnish once, but I only remember swear words. That was good enough to impress a Finnish girl I met on Malta though. 

Atta Boy.

My German studies are stagnant as hell at the moment. Vocabulary for German just seems like a joke at times with how difficult/long the words are.

23 minutes ago, nudge said:

I should really start learning Khmer, but damn it's a weird language... 

I have never heard of it, but it makes sense since Cambodia isn't really a country that I know anything about.

2 minutes ago, nudge said:

Certainly heard of the Khmer Rouge though?

:ph34r: Nope.

EDIT: Pol Pot. Got it. Never heard of the Khmer Rouge, but I know about Pol Po and a little of that era.

Edited by ATL

• This topic was featured and unfeatured