talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Kristho's Schland! - Off Topic

So genuine question, how or what would you have done differently tonight? 

Obviously Gnabry was awful, but I see what he was trying to do. Muller missed the absolute chance of a lifetime, Havertz played well and did about as good as can be expected. Hummels has been awful, but I didn't think he had a terrible game. Kimmich was locked down, but that isn't a massive shock....

But I'm curious as to what you all would have done different. 

5 minutes ago, Eco said:

So genuine question, how or what would you have done differently tonight? 

Obviously Gnabry was awful, but I see what he was trying to do. Muller missed the absolute chance of a lifetime, Havertz played well and did about as good as can be expected. Hummels has been awful, but I didn't think he had a terrible game. Kimmich was locked down, but that isn't a massive shock....

But I'm curious as to what you all would have done different. 

Play with more courage. We definitely had better players than England on the pitch today individually. Should have formed a braver and more attacking unit out of this. Except they always played the safe pass today, and passed it back to Rüdiger, Hummels or Neuer. No risky through ball, no courage, no confidence. 

I also never understood how Löw didn't nominate Ridle Baku who is probably the best German right back right now. He could have played in that position and we would have Kimmich in central midfield. But no, Löw kept playing Kroos and Gündogan through almost the whole tournament (except today), which just lacks fighting power. Plenty of better squad selections were available throughout. Like against France I would definitely have used a proper DM like Emre Can against France's attacking side. Ah well, it's over, and now we have to see how Hansi Flick does things. 

Löw was just too stubborn. I know we won the WC in 2014, but I still maintain the thought that we didn't win it because of him, but despite him. I think a REALLY good coach would have won more titles with Germany in 15 years. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

• Subscriber

First off the system doesnt suit the personnel. Who benefits from a 3 4 3? Literally only Gosens. Our back 3 looked vulnerable the entire time, there wasnt enough dynamic play from the wings outside of the Portugal match. And most importantly Germany's absolute strength is through the midfield and this system does absolutely nothing for us.

Secondly playing Kroos Gündogan has never looked good. Where has Gündogan impressed all season for City? in the 10 slott..... that plays to his strengths. Literally the best midfield 3 we could field is Kimmich, Goretzka, Gündogan and I dont think anyone would really fight me on this.

Move to a back 4. Tommys right, it should have been Baku here and as soon as he wasnt selected you just knew its because Kimmich is playing RB. I dont like it. Im obviously bias but Kimmich is the best 6 is the world for me hands down. I get that hes a capable rightback but you shouldnt be moving him out of position when there are other options. He can have far more influence on the game in the middle of the park and thats absolutely where we should have been imposing our will. Idgaf play Sülinho at RB, play Ginter OR SELECT THE BEST FUCKING RB IN GERMANY FOR YOUR SQUAD.

Lastly the false 9 garbage was just that. Absolute nonsense.

Literally the golden generation of German football and Löw manages one world cup win, and to his credit he tried his best to fuck up that squad selection then as well. Im not having any of the bullshit giving him an ounce of credit for anything. This team is still to talented to look this feeble and I cant wait to see the stark contrast when Flick takes charge.

Edited by Viva la FCB
  • Upvote 1

I've got to agree, from my view they were literally only playing defensively. From where I was standing I thought Müller made it, but that moment passed as quickly as it came. It was just too little. I was getting frustrated by the fact that we were only passing it on the backline and nothing else. I'm honestly so glad that Löw is done.

8 minutes ago, londonerlilie said:

I've got to agree, from my view they were literally only playing defensively. From where I was standing I thought Müller made it, but that moment passed as quickly as it came. It was just too little. I was getting frustrated by the fact that we were only passing it on the backline and nothing else. I'm honestly so glad that Löw is done.

I'm very excited to see Flick in charge now.  It'll be night and day the way the team plays... hopefully.  I wonder what he could have done with this set of players in this tournament.  

6 hours ago, Eco said:

Any ideas how to catch the games online? 

Ooof. There's the usual dodgy illegal streams that don't work properly most of the time. Here in Germany it's mostly shown on a streaming platform called Magenta TV from Telekom. But other than that I have no idea. It's actually rather difficult to watch it for Germans as well unless you are a Magenta TV subscriber. 

https://www.magentasport.de/

3 hours ago, Tommy said:

Ooof. There's the usual dodgy illegal streams that don't work properly most of the time. Here in Germany it's mostly shown on a streaming platform called Magenta TV from Telekom. But other than that I have no idea. It's actually rather difficult to watch it for Germans as well unless you are a Magenta TV subscriber. 

https://www.magentasport.de/

Yeah - that's actually my phone carrier (although it's know as T Mobile here), but that isn't a bad deal. German hockey and 3. Liga? Hell yeah. 

1 minute ago, Eco said:

Yeah - that's actually my phone carrier (although it's know as T Mobile here), but that isn't a bad deal. German hockey and 3. Liga? Hell yeah. 

Don't watch FC Bayern TV though. Wouldn't want you to get "infected". :ph34r:

7 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Don't watch FC Bayern TV though. Wouldn't want you to get "infected". :ph34r:

Naw - as I have mentioned many times in the past. I respect Bayern Munich for (at least appearing) to run such a good organization, but that's as fas my that goes. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Eco said:

Does that get you all dritte liga games?  I need something to subscribe to for the zweite liga games.  

19 minutes ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

It does, even if some of them are at the same time.

Wouldn't mind watching some of that this year.  I know the DFB channel on Youtube televises several dritte matches as replays but they put the final score up as part of the link.  Ruins the match for me.

2 minutes ago, Coma said:

Wouldn't mind watching some of that this year.  I know the DFB channel on Youtube televises several dritte matches as replays but they put the final score up as part of the link.  Ruins the match for me.

I'm not sure you can watch it though not being in Germany, unless you VPN in. 

I'm tired of paying for streams as I have too many anyways, but would love to catch the 2nd and 3rd divisions this year. 

2 minutes ago, Eco said:

I'm not sure you can watch it though not being in Germany, unless you VPN in. 

I'm tired of paying for streams as I have too many anyways, but would love to catch the 2nd and 3rd divisions this year. 

Yeah I'm not all up on VPN stuff.  I did have a sub for the Argentina top division that was televised in Spanish and I watched the hell out of that two seasons ago.  Would like to delve a little deeper into the German leagues.  I have a ton of subs out there (ESPN+ for Bundesliga, Peacock for EPL, CBS for Serie A) and I need to drop some of them.

Just now, Coma said:

Yeah I'm not all up on VPN stuff.  I did have a sub for the Argentina top division that was televised in Spanish and I watched the hell out of that two seasons ago.  Would like to delve a little deeper into the German leagues.  I have a ton of subs out there (ESPN+ for Bundesliga, Peacock for EPL, CBS for Serie A) and I need to drop some of them.

Where do you live? 

ESPN+ has Bundesliga and Serie A here in the States .One sub for two great leagues. 

I watch Russian Premier League, MLS, and the two listed above, but we have Hulu, Netflix, Apple TV, HBO Max, and probably a few more I'm forgetting. 

5 minutes ago, Eco said:

Where do you live? 

ESPN+ has Bundesliga and Serie A here in the States .One sub for two great leagues. 

I watch Russian Premier League, MLS, and the two listed above, but we have Hulu, Netflix, Apple TV, HBO Max, and probably a few more I'm forgetting. 

Cincinnati.  ESPN+ won't be carrying Serie A this season... they've switched to CBS iirc.  They've picked up La Liga to replace Serie A, which is a nice surprise.  Need to find a team in Spain to follow now.  La Liga is one of the few leagues that I've not followed much.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Coma said:

Cincinnati.  ESPN+ won't be carrying Serie A this season... they've switched to CBS iirc.  They've picked up La Liga to replace Serie A, which is a nice surprise.  Need to find a team in Spain to follow now.  La Liga is one of the few leagues that I've not followed much.

I had no idea about Serie A, that sucks. 

Yeah, I also haven't really watched must La Liga as it's on BeIn TV and talk about shitty networks...

7 minutes ago, Eco said:

I had no idea about Serie A, that sucks. 

Yeah, I also haven't really watched must La Liga as it's on BeIn TV and talk about shitty networks...

A shitty network that only shows Barcelona and Real Madrid.  Can't stand Ray Hudson either.  "Magesterial!"  Stfu old man.

7 minutes ago, Coma said:

A shitty network that only shows Barcelona and Real Madrid.  Can't stand Ray Hudson either.  "Magesterial!"  Stfu old man.

haha - Ray is a legend. Some of the shit he says cracks me up.