talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Paco Alcacer Joins Borussia Dortmund

@Cannabis @RandoEFC @HK85

@Stan @Dan

@SirBalon @El Profesor @Kowabunga @Paulo Dybala @Philippe Coutinho @FCBNick

Barcelona forward Paco Alcacer is on the radars of Leicester and Everton as the Premier League clubs look to bolster their striking options ahead of the new season, according to Sport. 

Barcelona have set his price at £27m.

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

Don't know much about him, I still don't really care about signing other players when our central defence situation genuinely wouldn't look out of place in League One. The rest of the squad will at least do for now. Any time spent on Alcacer or whoever else isn't a centre back is time that could be spent sorting out Mina, Rojo, Lascelles or anyone else who is an upgrade on Williams, Keane and 37 year old Jags.

• Administrator

Literally every player we get linked with it's always Everton or West ham (or both) that also get linked xD

He was quality at Valencia but like Andre Gomes at Barca, found it a bit tough to get going. I'm torn because he's a good player but I don't think he'd fit in with how we could play?? He may turn out to be like another Kramaric. Good player but not fit in and it not work out. 

• 5 weeks later...

All the best to him in Germany, I hope he goes there and does well. Maybe even well enough that it gets him a spot in the Spanish national team setup. The problem with him was never ability, it's just that his style and the style he was accustomed to back at Valencia where he had done so well in the past was very different from Barcelona's style, and in that regard he never quite fit. 

• 1 month later...
  • Subscriber
On 29/08/2018 at 18:25, Cannabis said:

Last bit of the sub-par gone for Barcelona. Good business this summer.

I don't see it like this, i think he was wasted at Barca.

I never really understood the signing to be honest. He was never going to get in-front of Suaresh.

• 1 month later...

Archived