talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Football League Predictions 2018/19

• The topic was pinned
  • Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mine is changing all the time. I'll write a full review after deadline day.

Championship

Champions: Stoke City

Promoted: Sheffield United, Aston Villa

Relegated: Bolton Wanderers, Queens Park Rangers, Rotherham

League One

Champions: Sunderland

Promoted: Portsmouth, Burton Albion.

Relegated: AFC Wimbledon, Bristol Rovers, Gillibgham, Blackpool.

League Two

Champions: MK Dons

Promoted: Notts County, Lincoln, Oldham.

Relegated: Morecambe, Forest Green.

• Administrator

I just looked at mine from last year and did better for League One & National League than I did for Championship.

Neck on the line time...

Championship

Champions: Derby

Promoted: Stoke, Leeds

Relegated: Bolton (sorry @StefBWFC), Birmingham, Wigan

League One

Champions: Plymouth

Promoted: Bradford, AFC Wimbledon

Relegated: Rochdale, Oxford, Scunthorpe, Wycombe

League Two

Champions: Notts County

Promoted: Lincoln, Cambridge, Northampton

Relegated: Morecambe, Cheltenham

On 31/07/2018 at 21:33, Stan said:

I just looked at mine from last year and did better for League One & National League than I did for Championship.

Neck on the line time...

Championship

Champions: Derby

Promoted: Stoke, Leeds

Relegated: Bolton (sorry @StefBWFC), Birmingham, Wigan

League One

Relegated: Rochdale, Oxford, Scunthorpe, Wycombe

League Two

Promoted: Lincoln, Cambridge, Northampton

Relegated: Morecambe, Cheltenham

Two out of three ain't bad, fella B|

On 31/07/2018 at 18:17, Smiley Culture said:

Championship

Champions: Boro.

Promoted: Stoke, Nottingham Forest.

Relegated: Bolton, Wigan, Rotherham.

League One

Champions: Sunderland.

Promoted: Portsmouth, Peterborough.

Relegated: AFC Wimbledon, Accrington, Wycombe, Walsall.

League Two

Champions: Mansfield.

Promoted: Swindon, Lincoln, Notts County.

Relegated: Morecambe, Macclesfield.

Championship
Winner:
Runner Up:
Playoff Winner:

Relegated:
Relegated:
Relegated:

League One
Winner:
Runner Up:
Playoff Winner:

Relegated:
Relegated:
Relegated:
Relegated:

League One
Winner:
Runner Up:
3rd Place:

Playoff Winner:
Relegated:
Relegated:
Relegated:

National League
Winner:
Playoff Winner:

Relegated:
Relegated:
Relegated:
Relegated:

National League North
Winner:
Playoff Winner:

Relegated:
Relegated:
Relegated:

National League South
Winner:
Playoff Winner:

Relegated:
Relegated:
Relegated:

• Subscriber

Championship

Champions: Boro

Promoted: Stoke, Blackburn Rovers

Relegated: Bolton Wanderers, Wigan, Rotherham

League One

Champions: Charlton

Promoted: Sunderland, Peterborough

Relegated: Walsall, Blackpool, Gillingham, Fleetwood

League Two

Champions: Lincoln

Promoted: Notts County, MK Dons, 

Relegated: Morecambe, Crawley

1, Stoke City - I've been impressed with how they've equipped themselves this summer. They have appointed an up and coming manager with experience and they've made some intelligence siblings to compensate the lack of Shaqiri. I reckon they'll keep hold of Butland, and along with the likes of Shawcross, Allen, Ince and Afobe it's the makings of a good team at this level.

2, Sheffield United - i fancy anothee 'cardiff' to go up automatically and The Blades seem best equipped. They got a taste of Championship football Last year and for two thirds of it they looked very equipped for it. Whilst losing Brooks is a blow, there experiences Last year combined with the signings of Woodburn and Henderson should bode well for them. Albeit a lot of their campaign will depend on the forums effectiveness.

3, Aston Villa - The investment is going to be massive for them to push on. Keeping the likes of Chester, Grealish and Adomah will be of great benefit. Having an experienced manager at the helm will really help too. That said losing Grabban's goals and Terry's effectiveness would be a loss to anybody and it will be interesting to see how they combat this.

4, Middlesborough - well to an outsider losing both Bamford and Traore seems mental given how they played last season, but I imagine these transfers would have been sanctioned by Pulis who must have something up his sleeve. If he's there for a whole season you have to fancy them for the playoffs.

5, Brentford - Given how they turned a slow start in to a productive season last time round i expect them to push on a little given they look likely to keep a lot of important players and added to the squad. Selling players on January could really hurt them.

6, Leeds United - I can't imagine this Bielsa experiment working for a whole year, but I've put them in the playoffs just in case. Douglas is a real statement of intent and I imagine they'll make another in January

7, Millwall - They've kept the same squad as last year that performed admirably. That spirit and togetherness should bode well for them again.

8, Bristol City - They have lost some key players but Lee Johnson has done enough to convince me he's got a plan that will bring together some stability.

9, Birmingham City - This embargo has come at the absolute worst time for them given the manager they have. However I think there's a lot more to come from their ex Brentford players this summer and Monk is capable of producing that "us versus them" mentality that will lead them on to a productive season.

10, Derby County - They've given Frank Lampard the best opportunity to succeed with their financial backing but I'm not sure I buy in to this whole notion he's going to be a successful manager immediately. There's something fundamentally wrong with the fabric of the club that with all this experience and quality they keep choking. Harry Wilson will contribute more goals from midfield but I imagine it will be another season of nearly men.

11, Preston North End - Alex Neil had been silently going along his business well. I'm not sure there's enough quality to make the playoffs but there's enough quality to have another successful season.

12, West Brom - I wish Darren Moore the best, but with the way certain players have made it known they want to leave I question if the squad has the right mentality get promoted at the first time of asking.

13, Nottingham Forest - I think their irrational owner will make some odd decisions as the season progresses which will ruin any positive momentum.

14 Blackburn Rovers - I have them quite high because of the togetherness and optimism coming from the players, staff and fans. Sheffield United and Millwall showed that can get you a long way at this level.

15, Norwich City - Im impressed with the signings of Rhodes and Marshall but im not sure i rate their manager.

16, Wigan Athletic - Similar to Blackburn. I think their lack of individual experience will hold them back slightly but the foundations will be in place to push on.

17, Sheffield Wednesday - I can't see their manager lasting the whole season and I can see their being disruption from the board. Their individual quality will steer them clear of relegation.

18, Ipswich Town - I think their fans are going to be surprised when they see not much changing from a tactical perspective with a new manager whose giving a load of league one players a chance.

19, Swansea City - I've not been impressed with their signings and they've taken a huge gamble with their manager. They don't seem as bad as Sunderland were but I'd be amazed if they shoot up the table.

20, Reading - They looked terrible against us pre season, they havent got any moneu to spend, and their squad isn't what it once was. Paul Clement could be key in any mid table or top half finish.

21, Hull City - They've made some good signings so I would be surprised if they went down. That said, I imagine there will problems from above and I can't see Nigel Adkins lasting a whole season. So I see another difficult season.

22, Bolton Wanderers - Parkinson's tactics will hit them hard. I can't see him lasting a whole season. His replacement will be crucial.

23, Queens Park Rangers - They're not making anywhere near enough signings now to prepare for this January embargo. Can't say I have much sympathy for them if they go down given how they treated Ollie.

24, Rotherham - They cant be any worse than last time but again I'm not sure if they have what it takes to be competitive at this level again.

Championship

Champions: Stoke City

Promoted: Nottingham Forest,  Aston Villa

Relegated: Reading, Rotherham, Bolton

League One

Champions: Portsmouth

Promoted: Sunderland, Barnsley

Relegated: Wycombe, Rochdale, Shrewsbury, Wimbledon

League Two

Promoted: MK Dons, Lincoln, Mansfield

Relegated: Morecambe, Macclesfield,

• 2 weeks later...

Can only speak on the Championship because I don’t follow league 1 or 2. 

Championship

champions: Leeds 

they will take some stopping, big club mentality is back there I’m pleased for them and hope they romp it. 

Automatic: Villa 

We’re short a 2-3 players but Green & Grealish getting better will add something to our game. McGinn looks a good buy to, we need 2-3 loans though. 

Playoff winner: Boro, don’t like Pulis but he’s good at what he does they will be there or there about. 

Relegated: Blues, Rotherham & Hull all look fairly gash

• 5 months later...
  • Administrator
On 31/07/2018 at 21:33, Stan said:

Neck on the line time...

Championship

Promoted: Stoke

Relegated:  Birmingham

League One

Relegated: Wycombe

League Two

Promoted:Cambridge, Northampton

absolutely horrendous shouts by me xDxD 

The worst is probably those in League One. Bradford and Wimbledon currently occupy the bottom 2 in the division.

And then Notts County literally bottom of the football league. 

• 1 month later...
  • Subscriber

Just noticed I didn't do one of these. Only bet I had regarding this was Brentford to go up. Reckon if Smith had stayed they'd probably be in the play-offs now but never mind.

I doubt I'd have called any of the three who are running away with it.

I do think Leeds won't go up now though.

On 03/08/2018 at 09:20, Eco said:

Championship

Champions: Stoke City

Promoted: Nottingham Forest,  Aston Villa

Relegated: Reading, Rotherham, Bolton

League One

Champions: Portsmouth

Promoted: Sunderland, Barnsley

Relegated: Wycombe, Rochdale, Shrewsbury, Wimbledon

League Two

Promoted: MK Dons, Lincoln, Mansfield

Relegated: Morecambe, Macclesfield,

Pretty solid in my League One outside of not expecting this from Luton. 

Notts County being promoted blows all my street cred out the door. Yikes. 

• The topic was unpinned

Archived