talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Managers Can Now Get Yellow & Red Cards - Football League Trial

Red and yellow cards will be issued to managers and coaches for misconduct in the technical area this season.

Premier League bosses will receive verbal cautions for "irresponsible behaviour" in the 2018-19 campaign.

But in the FA Cup, Football League, EFL Cup, EFL Trophy and National League, they will be shown cards.

Accumulating cautions will also lead to various suspensions, with four bookings warranting a one-match ban up to 16 resulting in a misconduct charge.

Previously, match officials only had the power to warn officials before sending them to the stands for more serious incidents.

Cards can be issued for actions including inappropriate language or gestures towards match officials, kicking or throwing water bottles, sarcastic clapping and waving imaginary cards.

This season will also see the introduction on competition-specific suspensions for players, rather than cautions carrying across multiple competitions.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45025794

Just in time for Neil Warnock's return

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just heard in skysports that managers can get red and yellow cards next season. Being trialed in the football league. Only the manager can get the cards and he will get it if it is his backroom staff causing the problem. So he has take responsibility for them and keep them in line. I'm 100% for this personally.

Thoughts?

• Administrator

Not sure why managers have to take the flak or punishment if one of their backroom staff are being bellends.

If a player makes a 2 footed challenge and makes a challenge worthy of a red card, you wouldn't give it to the captain or manager either?

Why not just punish the backroom staff member directly?

7 minutes ago, Stan said:

Not sure why managers have to take the flak or punishment if one of their backroom staff are being bellends.

If a player makes a 2 footed challenge and makes a challenge worthy of a red card, you wouldn't give it to the captain or manager either?

I think because then you would start to see managers give a 'signal' to one of their staff to go ape shit over a bad call, knowing that them (them manager) could do without the staff member yet still get his/her point across. 

10 minutes ago, Stan said:

They did explain why it was being done that way. I think its for being persistent so the manager has time to calm it down 

1 hour ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I don't know if Rafa still does this... but offering the linesmen glasses and sarcastic clapping were 2 of his special moves on the sidelines. If he still does this, bad news for him.

For a second then i forgot he managed Newcastle and thought he still managed you. Alzheimer's kicking in

• Administrator
10 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

@Harvsky i beat you to this in the football league thread. I think you should give yourself a warning for copying threads :ph34r:

we have spoken to @Harvsky and he has been given an initial warning.

• The title was changed to Managers Can Now Get Yellow & Red Cards - Football League Trial
  • Subscriber

"This season will also see the introduction on competition-specific suspensions for players, rather than cautions carrying across multiple competitions."

This is the part I can't really wrap my head around. Why does this need any kind of amending? It's perfectly fine the way it is now. Are they now saying that players can do whatever they want in competitions tied to domestic runs so that they get a red in that competition but can continue games in the domestic league? That's going backwards imo.

Archived