talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

How Well Will Your Team Do?

football forum

@BounceAroundTheGround @JOSHBRFC @roversgirl @tommy_wafc @Dickie @Bluebird Hewitt @Marc @Lucas @The Artful Dodger @StefBWFC @DNA @Fairy In Boots @Batard And anyone else I've not tagged....

[b]Are you happy with pre-season?[/b]

[b]Are you happy with your transfers so far?[/b]

[b]Where do you think you will finish?[/b]

[b]Will you be managed by the same man at the end of the season?[/b]

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[b]Are you happy with pre-season?[/b]
Yes. W2 D3 L1, and no major injuries.

[b]Are you happy with your transfers so far?[/b]
I'm happy with the people we've bought in: though I still feel we need to sign a goalkeeper, as we don't have a senior and fit first team keeper for Saturday as it stands. Reid and Flint leaving wasn't ideal but I think we've recruited capable replacments. 
[b]Where do you think you will finish?[/b]
12th. Mid-Table for us this year I reckon.

[b]Will you be managed by the same man at the end of the season?[/b]

Yes

Are you happy with pre-season?

So far so good, we've had some good results and good games against testing opponents (Arsenal, Spurs, Watford). I think everyone is pretty much fit and so I'm especially looking forward to seeing Lewis McLeod, Josh McEachran and Alan Judge after a full pre-season, hopefully they can push on this year.

Are you happy with your transfers so far?

Surprisingly yeah, normally it's a bit touch and go but so far we've sold a centre back not guaranteed to start every game for £4m, sold a winger in his last year for £3m, lost Bjelland on a free but brought in a young and exciting prospect in Konsa who already has valuable minutes in League 1, a solid centre back called Jean Jeanvier from Ligue 2 where he made the team of the year twice and won promotion last season so that's our defensive worries sorted for now.

On top of that we've brought in Said Benrahma who I don't know a lot about, but I'm happy to trust our DoF's judgement.

Where do you think you will finish?

We've consistently finished midtable/just shy of the play offs, I think the likes of Watkins, Maupay and Marcondes especially were adjusting to the team and division last season and it would be fair to expect more from them this time around. I think we'll finish in the play offs, probably not challenge for the automatics but finish in the play offs.

Will you be managed by the same man at the end of the season?

Unless he's poached by another club which so far I doubt will happen, yes.

I've learnt never to read into results in pre-season. The season we lost 7-1 to Colchester on the opening day we smashed everyone in pre-season.. Injuries wise it's been alright, Rhodes getting a niggle the only blow but he should be just about back for saturday or the following week.

We've not had any home pre-season games and i've not managed to get to any of the away games

I am actually. I've maybe surprisingly got some belief in this regime. Rhodes and Pukki i'm happy with (we needed fire power). Krul and Marsh i'm happy with and he's an unknown but excited about Buendia. Oh and we got that guy Passlak from Dortmund, he's had rave reviews previously, but think he may need to adjust to the pace of the championship.

An optimistic 6th, but more likely 6-10th and missing out on play-offs. We need a proper play-off challenge.

Yes, I think we will  justmiss out of the play-offs then he'll be sacked over the summer

We have looked solid, really impressed.. and even managed to compete against a full strength Inter Milan side.

Obviously losing Brooks was inevitable, £15m is a fair price and thankfully we have re-invested some of that with new faces. We had a big clear out, 12 players gone, either on loan or sold. Only 4 brought in, generally happy as they have been reinforcements we needed. One being our most expensive transfer in history and much needed experience, the wild card will be the Liverpool loanee as he seems to be highly rated by them, so we'll see how that pans out.

Automatic promotion to the Premier League! Being realistic, I'd say similar to last season, just outside the play offs. 

Wilder was linked with some top jobs at the end of last season (and rightly so), thankfully he remained, which shows how much he believes in this project. Even if we don't quite challenge this season, I'd see no justification for a potential sacking unless things got really bad.

• Subscriber

Yes. Highlight is hammering Everton 3-0 last week.

Still hoping for more. But i like the loan signings from Citeh and Chelsea, especially Palmer.

I'd be happy with just steady progress and a mid table finish. I love what Mowbray has done to us and i think Dack will be one of the stand out players in the League.

Yes.

Not too bad. Disappointing loss to Rotherham but battered Burton afterwards. No major injuries and a good test against Real Betis tomorrow.

Happy with the signings so far. Murphy and Reid seem to have started well as well as Cunningham. Smithies did have one poor game but can't put too much into that. Also being much smarter than we were last time in the prem, where we've been spending big on players with potential and the hunger to play in the prem.

However, we desperately need another two midfielders and a striker at least as our midfield is weaker than it was last season and we don't have that one quality striker who can get the goals (Zohore could make the step up but that's it).

Being realistic, I will be shocked if we stay up, especially with other teams are spending ridiculous amounts in the market compared to us. However, spending massive be amounts means nothing if they turn out to be poor.

Hoping for 17th but will be very tough.

I have a feeling that we won't but argue who would really be better than Warnock that we could realistically get.

Archived