talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Luka Modrić - Inter Milan Interested

@Dalmore

Inter Milan have made contact with RealMadrid midfielder Luka Modric’s agents over a move, according to Sky in Italy.

The 32-year-old played in 43 games for Real last season, which culminated in their third straight Champions League title, and Modric has since captained his country to the World Cup final in Russia, winning the Golden Ball award for best player.

Inter, who are actively pursuing midfield targets as a priority, will compete in the Champions League for the first time in six years this season after a final day victory over Lazio.

The Serie A club, managed by Luciano Spalletti, are believed to have lined up Bayern Munich's Arturo Vidal if they cannot sign Modric.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

Wow. Inter making big moves and statements. 

Been a good transfer window for them anyway but a signing like Vidal or Modric would send out a big message, mainly to Juve you'd think that they can't win it again...

De Vrij, Martinez, Nainggolan so far improves the squad a lot in my eyes.

@Eco will be happy!

27 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

They've said he can go.

For £668,000,000.

There’s a lot more to read behind that public statement by Madrid than any assurance on anything. Apparently that message is for Modrić himself and not any club pretending to sign him.

There are allegedly serious sources stating that he wants to leave and that he would love to go to Inter. Real probably won’t let him go but something dodgy is happening there since the Champions League final finished in May.   

Florentino Pérez gets tough with Luca Modrić...

In a brief interview before Real Madrid played Juventus in one of their pre season games, the Real Madrid president was asked about the future of the Croatian midfielder and the news that Modrić wants to leave to Internazionale.

Florentino Pérez wasn't in a mood to entertain too many negative questions surrounding everything that's been happening or could happen at the club and cut everything short with this sentence;

"Modrić will be here with us next season, I can guarantee you this!"

"If he wants to leave, let him get whoever wants to take him to deposit €750m into the club bank account!"

53 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

Thiago in Modric out?

According to the more trusted reports, there was absolutely no contact with Thiago Alcántara and all the shenanigans Modrić pulled were for a new deal and more money.  But there's still time left in the transfer window to see exactly what's going on there.

20 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

According to the more trusted reports, there was absolutely no contact with Thiago Alcántara and all the shenanigans Modrić pulled were for a new deal and more money.  But there's still time left in the transfer window to see exactly what's going on there.

As he should be pulling for money. So should every player milk these corporations for all their worth.

6 minutes ago, Spike said:

As he should be pulling for money. So should every player milk these corporations for all their worth.

Of course they should especially Modrić who isn’t a Real Madrid product. But all the players these days pull all sorts of tricks to get more money. Even though they’re right in using the weapons available, it’s still scummy in a judgmental world because there is also the fan’s point of view in the world of sport unlike in a multinational company.  

2 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Of course they should especially Modrić who isn’t a Real Madrid product. But all the players these days pull all sorts of tricks to get more money. Even though they’re right in using the weapons available, it’s still scummy in a judgmental world because there is also the fan’s point of view in the world of sport unlike in a multinational company.  

Gods no, this a job; they should do everything they can to get money from the stupid clubs. If I can could siphon a higher wage from the shitty company I work for, I would. 

I really don't care as long as the dominoes don't fall into hurting the fans.

2 minutes ago, Spike said:

Gods no, this a job; they should do everything they can to get money from the stupid clubs. If I can could siphon a higher wage from the shitty company I work for, I would. 

I really don't care as long as the dominoes don't fall into hurting the fans.

But clubs and companies are different which is what I said in my first response to you. Even if most clubs are Infact companies these days there is a difference because of the fan element and players are fed by fans ultimately. There is a difference. 

2 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

But clubs and companies are different which is what I said in my first response to you. Even if most clubs are Infact companies these days there is a difference because of the fan element and players are fed by fans ultimately. There is a difference. 

They aren't clubs anymore. My local football team is a club, Real Madrid and Barcelona aren't.

Just now, Spike said:

They aren't clubs anymore.

They aren’t but football clubs have fans and fans are full of opinions. Whereas a company has customers that buy products or services. Now I’m opening myself to an answer I KNOW is easy to throw at all of this these days. xD

But you know what I mean in terms of the difference. 

Just now, SirBalon said:

They aren’t but football clubs have fans and fans are full of opinions. Whereas a company has customers that buy products or services. Now I’m opening myself to an answer I KNOW is easy to throw at all of this these days. xD

But you know what I mean in terms of the difference. 

They don't treat us like fans! We are bloody customers! And I know you know that many companies want you to be a fan of their services and products. You can't tell me there is a difference between the personality cult of a team like Barcelona and a company like Apple? Both sell an idea of what 'football' and a 'computer' should be, always having a consistent aesthetic and interface. 'Mes que un club' is the same as 'Think Different', just like OSX is the same as the style of football that Barca plays. Both sell themselves as the antithesis of the bigger, badder, meaner, counterpart. Real is to Microsoft, and Barcelona is to Apple. 

1 minute ago, Spike said:

They don't treat us like fans! We are bloody customers! And I know you know that many companies want you to be a fan of their services and products. You can't tell me there is a difference between the personality cult of a team like Barcelona and a company like Apple? Both sell an idea of what 'football' and a 'computer' should be, always having a consistent aesthetic and interface. 'Mes que un club' is the same as 'Think Different', just like OSX is the same as the style of football that Barca plays. Both sell themselves as the antithesis of the bigger, badder, meaner, counterpart. Real is to Microsoft, and Barcelona is to Apple. 

I bloody knew it! xD

• Subscriber
11 hours ago, Spike said:

One of the best left field analogies I've seen in a long time.

So with all the Real Madrid wanting to sue Inter and the LFP president Javier Tebas spouting his usual garbage...  Modrić has put it all to rest and gone against his own club by saying;

"It was me who contacted Inter, not the other way around!"

Florentino Pérez has been wanting to protect Real Madrid's image in terms of it being more than just unusual for any player to want to leave them (Kovačić did and went)... Modrić has ruined it all by making it public and saying it was him.

• The topic was locked
  • The topic was unlocked

Archived