talkfootball365
  • Welcome!

Tired of Kevins and Karens on Facebook and other social media platforms?

Our forum is completely focused on football and moderated to keep discussions civil. Sound good? Sign up!

Season Tickets

football forum

Seen a few clubs already announce there's and some with price freezes and a couple of clubs offering crazy low prices. Anyone had information about their clubs and if they'll be buying/renewing one?

I think we'll be lucky if we get 1,000 season ticket holders next season if things stay as they are, many have stopped buying anything within the ground and are threatening to not renew their season ticket next season and just attend away games. I for one will definitely not be renewing next season. 

I know Everton have frozen theirs again which is decent.

Southampton's are about £600. 

Leicester's are usually released around April. Obviously waiting to see if we survive again before anything concrete.

We paid roughly £450 for ours this season I think, and it was frozen from last season. I see no reason why it should go up with all the competition money we've received this season. 

Arsenal will probably put their prices up even though there is no guarantee of Champions League football.  Due to the toffs and Straw hat brigade that have been attending Arsenal since Islington became very trendy, they will still be the mugs and pay it. 

Edited by VanPanna

Mine was £415 this season and has been for the last three, which to be fair is reasonable for this era, especially given what we've witnessed.

Wouldn't be shocked if it crept up next year but would like to hope it's frozen again.

I think we should expand our ground.

Edited by Dan

• 2 weeks later...

Leeds have frozen prices for existing STHs up to a certain date. Most expensive adult ticket is £537 which is about £23 per game. Cheapest adult is £398 which is about £17 per game (this is in the family stand). 

https://www.leedsunited.com/news/club-news/21834/season-tickets-17-18

Pretty good prices, I'd say. Especially if they get promoted as prices staying the same regardless of division. 

• 10 months later...
  • The title was changed to Season Tickets
  • 2 weeks later...

Spurs have announced their ST prices for their new stadium next season

Cheapest is £795 (although apparently can only be bought in one corner of the stadium which is in the Family Stand, so therefore has to be bought with a Junior ticket). Junior tickets are priced at £397.50 (doesn't specify age). 

Aside from the above, the cheapest regular adult season ticket is £875, and there's only just over 1000 of these available. Works out to be £46/game. Not sure if any other games (Cup, European games) are included in this price but unlikely?)

Most expensive is £2200. There's 15 bandings of the regular adult tickets between £795 and £2200 inclusive. 

38 minutes ago, Stan said:

Cheapest is £795 (although apparently can only be bought in one corner of the stadium which is in the Family Stand, so therefore has to be bought with a Junior ticket). Junior tickets are priced at £397.50 (doesn't specify age). 

Aside from the above, the cheapest regular adult season ticket is £875, and there's only just over 1000 of these available. Works out to be £46/game. Not sure if any other games (Cup, European games) are included in this price but unlikely?)

Most expensive is £2200. There's 15 bandings of the regular adult tickets between £795 and £2200 inclusive. 

Fucking hell, that's obscene. If that doesn't include any cup games it's mental. You'll obviously want to go to every CL game and most of the FA/league cup games on top of that as well. 

It's just simply not affordable for the average working class person. I guess that's common particularly with London clubs.

1 hour ago, Stan said:

Makes Arsenals cheap! as they include FA Cup and Euro games as well.

2 hours ago, Stan said:

That’s mental. The Premier League clubs have created a monster and it’s going to price out the ‘normal’ people and just see stadiums filled with replica gear clad tourists. 

2 hours ago, Stan said:

Absolutely disgraceful prices and the greed of the Premier League summed up once again.

The cheapest ticket in their ground is in the away end.

Edited by Dan

1 minute ago, Storts said:

A lot more expensive than White Hart Lane - and no cup games 

Much backlash from supporters? 

Is this more expensive than arsenal? 

Edited by Marc

1 minute ago, Marc said:

Much backlash from supporters? 

Is this more expensive than arsenal? 

Yeah that's a fair bit - mainly because they seem to have cocked up the sales phases as well.

People were delusional if they thought prices weren't going to shoot up. For my equivalent seat I think it's gone from £880 to £995, although the seat I want is about £1200, so have to make the decision on whether it's worth the extra couple of hundred.

3 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

What's the difference in seat?

Atmosphere basically, identical views - just one is going to be at the South End, where the 17k single tier will be, and I assume will kick towards second half. The other will at the other end, near the away fans.

Just now, Cannabis said:

Can't watch a game of football from the North/South ends. Have to be at the side as if it were on TV.

I like the corners, which is where I'm talking about. South East or North West - that's my choice. If you want to pay £1500+ for one even slightly close to along the side then go ahead xD

Just now, Cannabis said:

What's the difference in seat?

For that price, I'd want a heated seat, free food and drink. 

In all seriousness, this Twenty's Plenty campaign and other reciprocal ticket pricing used by Premier League clubs is all well and good but there needs to be something in place to make it fairer and more reasonable for home fans, too.

Freezing already inordinate season ticket prices is not good and not something that should really be applauded that much, let's be honest here. And clubs moving into new grounds, which I'm sure we'll see more of in the coming years (Everton and Chelsea spring to mind here), are putting ticket prices up and that will only continue to rise. 

Home fans are the loyal ones who are there week in, week out, season in, season out. Shafting them is just plain wrong and there should be more done to fight that.

1 minute ago, Cannabis said:

Didn't think about that actually, complete bonkers money. 

The corners shouldn't be too bad come to think of it, I just hate it when you're literally in the middle of the North/South stands as it makes the game pointless for me. The players look like dots whenever you're at the other end and how the hell are you supposed to see offsides/handballs/tackles etc. when you're 100 yards or so away from the action.

Crazy money I know - you should see what the corporate prices are...

Yeah, I've never been a fan of behind the goal either - always been in the corner at home, away obviously a bit different.