• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Season Tickets

football forum

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Marc said:

Much backlash from supporters? 

Is this more expensive than arsenal? 

Yeah that's a fair bit - mainly because they seem to have cocked up the sales phases as well.

People were delusional if they thought prices weren't going to shoot up. For my equivalent seat I think it's gone from £880 to £995, although the seat I want is about £1200, so have to make the decision on whether it's worth the extra couple of hundred.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
3 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

What's the difference in seat?

Atmosphere basically, identical views - just one is going to be at the South End, where the 17k single tier will be, and I assume will kick towards second half. The other will at the other end, near the away fans.

• Subscriber
Just now, Cannabis said:

Can't watch a game of football from the North/South ends. Have to be at the side as if it were on TV.

I like the corners, which is where I'm talking about. South East or North West - that's my choice. If you want to pay £1500+ for one even slightly close to along the side then go ahead xD

Just now, Cannabis said:

What's the difference in seat?

For that price, I'd want a heated seat, free food and drink. 

In all seriousness, this Twenty's Plenty campaign and other reciprocal ticket pricing used by Premier League clubs is all well and good but there needs to be something in place to make it fairer and more reasonable for home fans, too.

Freezing already inordinate season ticket prices is not good and not something that should really be applauded that much, let's be honest here. And clubs moving into new grounds, which I'm sure we'll see more of in the coming years (Everton and Chelsea spring to mind here), are putting ticket prices up and that will only continue to rise. 

Home fans are the loyal ones who are there week in, week out, season in, season out. Shafting them is just plain wrong and there should be more done to fight that.

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Cannabis said:

Didn't think about that actually, complete bonkers money. 

The corners shouldn't be too bad come to think of it, I just hate it when you're literally in the middle of the North/South stands as it makes the game pointless for me. The players look like dots whenever you're at the other end and how the hell are you supposed to see offsides/handballs/tackles etc. when you're 100 yards or so away from the action.

Crazy money I know - you should see what the corporate prices are...

Yeah, I've never been a fan of behind the goal either - always been in the corner at home, away obviously a bit different. 

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Smiley Culture said:

For that price, I'd want a heated seat, free food and drink. 

In all seriousness, this Twenty's Plenty campaign and other reciprocal ticket pricing used by Premier League clubs is all well and good but there needs to be something in place to make it fairer and more reasonable for home fans, too.

Freezing already inordinate season ticket prices is not good and not something that should really be applauded that much, let's be honest here. And clubs moving into new grounds, which I'm sure we'll see more of in the coming years (Everton and Chelsea spring to mind here), are putting ticket prices up and that will only continue to rise. 

Home fans are the loyal ones who are there week in, week out, season in, season out. Shafting them is just plain wrong and there should be more done to fight that.

Tough one though isn't it - whilst I would love them to lower the prices, they just have absolutely no reason to with the demand still outweighing the supply. 

I would love for them to have kept the prices lower but at the same time we're constantly being told we need to pay our players more...well this is designed to help with that. 

• Administrator
10 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Can't watch a game of football from the North/South ends. Have to be at the side as if it were on TV.

8 minutes ago, Storts said:

I like the corners, which is where I'm talking about. South East or North West - that's my choice. If you want to pay £1500+ for one even slightly close to along the side then go ahead xD

This for me as well. Most I'll stretch too in line with the goal-line. Usually sit anywhere in line between the 6-yard line and the edge of the box. And it's always at the end where we shoot second half. 

Tried sitting in different places around the stadium but 1) atmosphere wasn't great and 2) we lost so I took it as a bad luck charm xD 

(granted, the atmosphere isn't as great as it once used to be but regarding the above, this was when our home atmosphere was being lauded.

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Stan said:

This for me as well. Most I'll stretch too in line with the goal-line. Usually sit anywhere in line between the 6-yard line and the edge of the box. And it's always at the end where we shoot second half. 

Tried sitting in different places around the stadium but 1) atmosphere wasn't great and 2) we lost so I took it as a bad luck charm xD 

(granted, the atmosphere isn't as great as it once used to be but regarding the above, this was when our home atmosphere was being lauded.

Yeah - that's what i'm thinking. I'm edging towards paying the £1200 :( I have to consider my old man too though, because he's not going to want to be somewhere where people are constantly standing so upper corner is probably the best bet. 

If anyone wants to have a play along there is a superb interactive map here: https://3ddigitalvenue.com/3dmap/clients/tottenham/?utm_campaign=346958_STH Window Reveal&utm_medium=email&utm_source=Tottenham Hotspur Football Club&dm_i=444I,7FPQ,OFWC8,TQ2B,1

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, Storts said:

Yeah - that's what i'm thinking. I'm edging towards paying the £1200 :( I have to consider my old man too though, because he's not going to want to be somewhere where people are constantly standing so upper corner is probably the best bet. 

If anyone wants to have a play along there is a superb interactive map here: https://3ddigitalvenue.com/3dmap/clients/tottenham/?utm_campaign=346958_STH Window Reveal&utm_medium=email&utm_source=Tottenham Hotspur Football Club&dm_i=444I,7FPQ,OFWC8,TQ2B,1

that's pretty awesome. £1250 for block 102 though! roughly 20 rows up in that block is the equivalent of where I'd be at the KP.  Although looking at the interactive map the tier looks flatter cos the view looks lower down. 

Perhaps right at the back of the lower tier would be more of an equivalent. 

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, Stan said:

that's pretty awesome. £1250 for block 102 though! roughly 20 rows up in that block is the equivalent of where I'd be at the KP.  Although looking at the interactive map the tier looks flatter cos the view looks lower down. 

Perhaps right at the back of the lower tier would be more of an equivalent. 

Yeah, it's nice tool to get a feel for where you're going to be. Yeah, although lower tier there is pretty small I think. It's a cool design though, pretty sure the stadium is going to be incredible - but someone has to pay for it :(

• Administrator

yep, from when the first images came out you knew it was always going to be an amazing modern state of the art ground. 

You'd expect that one-tiered stand behind the goal to be Dortmund-esque 'Yellow Wall' like and where most of the atmosphere is generated though. 

Just gotta hope the acoustics are right all around and within the stadium. 

I'm hoping to go there for the NFL game in October. Should be quality.

Sixty three British pounds a game??? People don't deserve to complain about ticket prices when they pay that. £78 a game I'm guessing for the "kop"? How you gunna make any noise when it's full of Tarquins?

Surely you must get more than just 19 league games in a season?

• Subscriber

I know it's supply and demand but let's throw some numbers out there. Suppose you sell 10,000 season tickets and you do it for £500 instead of £1000. As a football club then you lose £5,000,000 from that decision which is absolute fuck all as far as football goes these days.

I know there's no incentive for clubs to make that decision and give away £5m for the sake of some good will and positive PR but it does just go to show just how far these things are driven by greed and what they can afford to charge.

12 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

I know it's supply and demand but let's throw some numbers out there. Suppose you sell 10,000 season tickets and you do it for £500 instead of £1000. As a football club then you lose £5,000,000 from that decision which is absolute fuck all as far as football goes these days.

I know there's no incentive for clubs to make that decision and give away £5m for the sake of some good will and positive PR but it does just go to show just how far these things are driven by greed and what they can afford to charge.

This. 

It feels like every new Premier League TV deal is more and more ridiculous and clubs earn ridiculous amounts from them, reducing season ticket costs is not a massive amount to lose, it doesn’t change clubs budgets that dramatically I’d imagine, what with the TV deals and sponsorship clubs have these days. 

For someone like Stoke, a team from a relatively big city, with its two most immediate rivals being League Two in Port Vale and Crewe, I’d be looking at this. Using the very loose figures above as an example, yeah they lose approximately £5m a season but if you then counter in things like merchandise sales, food and drink sales, parking and a bit wider, money generated in the local vicinity, which helps local businesses, who are then more reliable on your presence and more likely to back you financially that £5m decreases pretty quickly, to a more manageable figure. 

• Subscriber
15 hours ago, Danny said:

Sixty three British pounds a game??? People don't deserve to complain about ticket prices when they pay that. £78 a game I'm guessing for the "kop"? How you gunna make any noise when it's full of Tarquins?

Surely you must get more than just 19 league games in a season?

Na, just league games on the ST now. Most expensive in the country by far. :(

2 hours ago, Cannabis said:

A season ticket at Everton is for league games only. 

Cup games have to be purchased seperately (although this season, we haven't played that many of them).

ST's are generally for league games only but for that price..

I've seen a bit on twitter and from a Spurs supporters trust and I think Spurs have made a massive error with the pricing. It's the fans you hear and that get the retweets etc but plenty of people saying they can't afford it, the phasing of tickets is also a difficult one. I saw one guy that was in phase 1 or 2 of the sales (presumably because he goes to away games), but his son would be in phase 6. So the Dad has to wait to phase 6 to get seats together, by which time the 'cheap' seats will be gone.

Creating a divide between the club and supporters is never clever.

The atmosphere at grounds is getting worse everywhere but I think particularly at the big London clubs who are pricing out the longstanding working class supporters. WHL was always a good atmosphere but it'll be interesting to see what the new stadium will bring. In the big stand behind the goal the tickets are really expensive. You've got to think they may attract the super rich like at Arsenal where people will just buy a ST but go to 3 games a season and leave the seat empty the rest of the time.

I saw the supporters trust are pushing for the club to release the number of tickets available at each price category.

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Marc said:

I've seen a bit on twitter and from a Spurs supporters trust and I think Spurs have made a massive error with the pricing. It's the fans you hear and that get the retweets etc but plenty of people saying they can't afford it, the phasing of tickets is also a difficult one. I saw one guy that was in phase 1 or 2 of the sales (presumably because he goes to away games), but his son would be in phase 6. So the Dad has to wait to phase 6 to get seats together, by which time the 'cheap' seats will be gone.

Creating a divide between the club and supporters is never clever.

The atmosphere at grounds is getting worse everywhere but I think particularly at the big London clubs who are pricing out the longstanding working class supporters. WHL was always a good atmosphere but it'll be interesting to see what the new stadium will bring. In the big stand behind the goal the tickets are really expensive. You've got to think they may attract the super rich like at Arsenal where people will just buy a ST but go to 3 games a season and leave the seat empty the rest of the time.

I saw the supporters trust are pushing for the club to release the number of tickets available at each price category.

Yeah - the phasing is a slight issue. I'm in phase 1, think there about 5000 of us all in all in there - so is my old man, and my aunt and uncle. Unfortunately their two sons are in phase 4. So it's a case of if they want to get seats with them then they'll need to wait until phase 4 to purchase and equally then the better or cheaper seats will likely have gone. I'm fortunate to have had my Season Ticket for 20 years and be in the top couple of thousand in loyalty points due to doing pretty much every away - so in Phase 1 and will get the pick of the seats I want, but for others with children etc. they're going to have to wait. Unfortunately there is no perfect system and rewarding loyalty in the way they have is probably the best thing to do even if it does throw up problems. 

Pricing is probably a bit too expensive you're right - and pricing out fans that have been going for a long time + not being able to attract the younger generation is a worry. There will be particularly uproar if we don't now see an increase in wages spent and transfer fees because that is supposedly what the move is about.  I don't think the South Stand tickets are that bad - they're certainly relatively comparable to WHL - it's the areas in the East stand that have gone up from about 995 to 1500 that are the real problem. The Trust try hard but ultimately there is little they can really do - the Board just bypass them on issues like this.

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Burning Gold said:

Arsenal are the only club I know of that include cup games with season tickets. I hope Liverpool never do it because all it means is even less chances for non-STH (read: young, less well off, etc.) to attend matches. Shit idea.

We have always had 2 cup games on our season ticket.

4 minutes ago, Storts said:

We have always had 2 cup games on our season ticket.

Makes sense for Tottenham I guess as the size of your fanbase doesn't really compare to Liverpool, Arsenal, or other top teams, so there's no need to worry about anyone missing out. For us it would just mean an even bigger disconnect between the club and the sorts of fans I've mentioned.

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, Burning Gold said:

Makes sense for Tottenham I guess as the size of your fanbase doesn't really compare to Liverpool, Arsenal, or other top teams, so there's no need to worry about anyone missing out. For us it would just mean an even bigger disconnect between the club and the sorts of fans I've mentioned.

xD

It's the people who are capable of giving an informed opinion, but choose not to, instead spending most of their time 'fishing', that get on my tits.

1 hour ago, Burning Gold said:

Arsenal are the only club I know of that include cup games with season tickets. I hope Liverpool never do it because all it means is even less chances for non-STH (read: young, less well off, etc.) to attend matches. Shit idea.

Think Arsenal give five home cup games on their season tickets, which was useful when they were playing in the Champions League.

Archived