talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Season Tickets

football forum

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Smiley Culture said:

Think Arsenal give five home cup games on their season tickets, which was useful when they were playing in the Champions League.

More than that I believe - more like 7

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Storts said:

Yeah - the phasing is a slight issue. I'm in phase 1, think there about 5000 of us all in all in there - so is my old man, and my aunt and uncle. Unfortunately their two sons are in phase 4. So it's a case of if they want to get seats with them then they'll need to wait until phase 4 to purchase and equally then the better or cheaper seats will likely have gone. I'm fortunate to have had my Season Ticket for 20 years and be in the top couple of thousand in loyalty points due to doing pretty much every away - so in Phase 1 and will get the pick of the seats I want, but for others with children etc. they're going to have to wait. Unfortunately there is no perfect system and rewarding loyalty in the way they have is probably the best thing to do even if it does throw up problems. 

Pricing is probably a bit too expensive you're right - and pricing out fans that have been going for a long time + not being able to attract the younger generation is a worry. There will be particularly uproar if we don't now see an increase in wages spent and transfer fees because that is supposedly what the move is about.  I don't think the South Stand tickets are that bad - they're certainly relatively comparable to WHL - it's the areas in the East stand that have gone up from about 995 to 1500 that are the real problem. The Trust try hard but ultimately there is little they can really do - the Board just bypass them on issues like this.

The phasing was going to be problematic however it was done, so i'm not really sure what the answer is.

When you buy a Norwich ST you know you'll only have to buy a couple of other home tickets for the cup games. With the top clubs another problem cost wise is that you're probably going to get close to another 10 home games from European and domestic cup games. The CL games especially you won't want to be, that could all easily add another £500 or so onto your seasons cost.

• Administrator
54 minutes ago, Storts said:

Just purchased mine for the new stadium - Block 521, Row 1 - £995 - happy with that

was it a morale victory getting it under £1k :P ?

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Stan said:

was it a morale victory getting it under £1k :P ?

Haha yeah - definitely feels like a small win xD No doubt will go over the 1k threshold next year

• Subscriber
33 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Football is priceless, would pay an arm, leg and whatever else to see Everton every other week. 

I'm on Row 1 too at Goodison, absolutely amazing having nobody in front of you and just looking out over the game.

Unfortunately I'm the same - ridiculous expense but what else would I do with my time?

Yeah that's why I wanted it - a risk going to a new stadium with who's going to be around/in front of you - so at least taken one of those issues out the equation

• 1 month later...
53 minutes ago, Smiley Culture said:

Absolutely daft the prices of tickets and it’s totally unnecessary at the top level, as proven by that tweet about City. 

Maybe daft but football fans in this country make a point of paying it even if it is large. Most match going fans in England have no right to complain about prices.

Archived