Your Trip

football forum

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Berserker said:

For real?

Yes ! 

Inside I'm much like you, aggresive, shows no mercy like to have things under control.

But i have an opposite outside personality my image is mostly of a silent guy and a screw up.

4 minutes ago, Devon Von Devon said:

Yes ! 

Inside I'm much like you, aggresive, shows no mercy like to have things under control.

But i have an opposite outside personality my image is mostly of a silent guy and a screw up.

May i call you Voldemort?

I'm kidding, but do let the stronger one take over!

• 3 weeks later...
  • Administrator
On 01/08/2018 at 14:39, Blue said:

I'll do it in a bit mate, and yes I do have a fear of flying, but I also want to travel, so its a big conflict for me! haha

Still waiting for this. 

$20000 over 3-4 months? Some serious money wasting there. Could take you to around 1.5yrs as long as you travel properly, could take you longer if you don't do trips, scuba diving, skydives etc.

I want to travel South East Asia although I'm also not that fussed because whilst it may be beautiful, it's so affordable to do in holidays from the UK.

I would start the trip in the south Pacific; Fiji, Tonga, Samoa and New Zealand. Would like to go to the Cook Islands and Hawaii but not sure in what order as the bulk of my trip would then be South America, Central America and North America.

3 hours ago, Danny said:

$20000 over 3-4 months? Some serious money wasting there. Could take you to around 1.5yrs as long as you travel properly, could take you longer if you don't do trips, scuba diving, skydives etc.

I want to travel South East Asia although I'm also not that fussed because whilst it may be beautiful, it's so affordable to do in holidays from the UK.

I would start the trip in the south Pacific; Fiji, Tonga, Samoa and New Zealand. Would like to go to the Cook Islands and Hawaii but not sure in what order as the bulk of my trip would then be South America, Central America and North America.

$20,000 could get you a year in south east Asia or more surely. As long as you took the slower, cheaper travel options. 

1 minute ago, Toinho said:

$20,000 could get you a year in south east Asia or more surely. As long as you took the slower, cheaper travel options. 

20 grand would get you a lot longer than a year mate. Probs could do it for 2-4 years depending on what you do xD

On 01/08/2018 at 14:43, nudge said:

My Magnum Opus trip would be the entire Mekong river by boat, so starting from its delta in Vietnam and then via Cambodia-Laos-Thailand-Myanmar to its source in China, and then return by land on a motorbike. Would require more than 3-4 months though, and certainly more than 20,000 :7_sweat_smile:

As I get older I often feel that life is meant to be lived and not spent doing umpteen years of work for some other fucker to get rich off the back of my hard work.. By the time you retire you are lucky if you are still in good enough health and indeed pocket to fulfill all the things you ever wanted to do and visit places and experience all the things you wanted to try... 

Sometimes you think Fuck the money!!! take the 4-6 months do what the hell you like... Live off the land, sleep rough, on the edge, not knowing if I am eating snake tomorrow or some berry soup I made up in desperation... never looking back, no regrets all that kind of thing... 

Fuck the system I say, lets all jack it in and try something new.... xD

2 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

As I get older I often feel that life is meant to be lived and not spent doing umpteen years of work for some other fucker to get rich off the back of my hard work.. By the time you retire you are lucky if you are still in good enough health and indeed pocket to fulfill all the things you ever wanted to do and visit places and experience all the things you wanted to try... 

Sometimes you think Fuck the money!!! take the 4-6 months do what the hell you like... Live off the land, sleep rough, on the edge, not knowing if I am eating snake tomorrow or some berry soup I made up in desperation... never looking back, no regrets all that kind of thing... 

Seriously considering this. I’m 30 next year and considering a “gap year”.

• Subscriber
21 minutes ago, Danny said:

20 grand would get you a lot longer than a year mate. Probs could do it for 2-4 years depending on what you do xD

2 years? Very possible. 4 years? That's only about 400 a month or a bit over 10 a day. No way, unless you stick with living in cheapest dorms/rooms all the time, eat noodle soup daily and don't do much travelling...  SE Asia is still cheap, but not as cheap as it used to be. It's possible to survive on that amount, but you wouldn't be having much fun...

1 hour ago, Toinho said:

Seriously considering this. I’m 30 next year and considering a “gap year”.

Do it mate.. you are only young once... don't be on your death bed in years to come thinking " I wish I had taken that gap year, I never did get to enjoy"... insert as applicable.. 

• Subscriber
29 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

Absolutely. That was pretty much my reasoning for quitting everything and moving down here. I could have a better career and a better paying job and a family back in Europe, but I realised early enough that such "normal" life just isn't for me and I don't really want that... My current job pays decent enough for me to live pretty much the way I want to (I'm quite frugal naturally though, and I need only few things, but I do enjoy a few luxuries in life) and even save a few hundreds each month, but the biggest thing for me is flexibility; being able to do things when and how I want to. I should probably go for that big trip one day, too... 

1 hour ago, nudge said:

Absolutely. That was pretty much my reasoning for quitting everything and moving down here. I could have a better career and a better paying job and a family back in Europe, but I realised early enough that such "normal" life just isn't for me and I don't really want that... My current job pays decent enough for me to live pretty much the way I want to (I'm quite frugal naturally though, and I need only few things, but I do enjoy a few luxuries in life) and even save a few hundreds each month, but the biggest thing for me is flexibility; being able to do things when and how I want to. I should probably go for that big trip one day, too... 

Good for you Inga.. You have my admiration for going out and doing it, living that lifestyle, I am sure its not always a bed of roses but must have more ups than downs and at least you will have put yourself out there to experience as much as possible.. I am fairly sure had I not had children my wild and adventurous side would have carried me down a very different path... There are probably a lot of upsides to not needing to be tied down to any one place or job if you get that urge to move on... 

• Subscriber
9 hours ago, Devon Von Devon said:

Crazy world. People from my part of the world go to Europe to have a family and happily get tied down to one place forever but you guys want to leave Europe for the exact opposite reasons.

There are plenty of people in Europe who are happy to stay there, have a family and settle down. Everyone's different.

5 minutes ago, nudge said:

There are plenty of people in Europe who are happy to stay there, have a family and settle down. Everyone's different.

This - I have had family members move to all parts of the world and settle down. 

If work and family would allow, I would strongly consider moving my family to Denmark to settle down. 

On 01/08/2018 at 14:04, Blue said:

Apologies for the unimaginative titles, but I was watching an around the world documentary and a friend actually did an around the world trip. Well, a Facebook friend rather but one I communicate with online. So this brings the following question.

Not so much an around the world travel, but if you had 20,000 and had 3-4 months, which countries would you go and why?

-----------------------------------------------------------

So I have a few answers since I've been thinking about it

My around the world trip would be mostly in the eastern hemisphere. Perhaps an easy start in South America from Asuncion to Montevideo. Then going from Victoria Falls and going up to Dar es Salaam crossing Zambia and other countries in the meantime. From there, I'll do Russia with minimum time in Moscow and seeing the nature in most of the smaller towns. Go to Mongolia as I find it a vastly underrated country and then ending in Perth/Brisbane/Melbourne. One of the 3.

Lima - Asuncion - Montevideo - Victoria Falls - Dar Es Salaam - Moscow - Ulanbaatar - Australian city that isn't Sydney

Probably to go past the likes of Zambia, Argentina and Brazil (Iguazu)

2nd choice would be Indonesia. While I would be cautious as rules are strict and the country is very muslim-enforced. Not that there is anything wrong with muslims but Indonesia is similar to Saudi I hear that they really want to shove it down people's throats via the law. That's just what I've heard though and I know its not present in the whole country. I would start in Sumatra with Padang, visit Kerinci volcano and the national park to see some tigers and elephants, perhaps also some Orangutans if they are nearby by chance. Then go to Jakarta for a day or 2, then Bali is a no brainer. End in Jayapura and visit the west side of Papua New Guinea as I hear the bigger cities are extremely dangerous. If there are any tours to villages in Vanimo, I'd take it.

Toronto - Shanghai - Singapore (connection)

Medan - Padang - Jakarta - Bali - Jayapura

3rd choice would be the Spirit of Shackleton. Start in Ushuia and do a tour of antartica. Stanley and the South Georgia Islands included.

Buenos Aires - Ushuia (plane)

Ushuia - Stanley - South Georgia - Antartica (ferry)

I did research that one and the tour is $18,000.

I like to go back to Indonesia due to my family were from there years ago,  I didn't like Bali its too commercial, I want to go back to Sumatra.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived