talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

The Freezewave

football forum

So we have a summer thread for you northern hemisphere wankers, what about everyone in the south. How has the winter been for you lot?

Perhaps not as interesting as the other thread given its not diverse in weather down south where few countries go below 0 in this part of the world. I'm still curious though.

@Harry @Toinho @Berserker @nudge @Devil-Dick Willie @El Profesor

Sorry if I missed anybody.

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here in Lima its gotten freezing. 

To begin with, we haven't seen the sun in about 2 months. Its like this every winter and I do think it has partly to do with pollution, but I should point it out even if its the norm here at this time of the year.

According to temperatures, its 16 during the day and at worst it goes down to 14 degrees. I'm calling bullshit on that. I'd argue it goes down to 5. That's what it feels like, and it is technically a desert biome so its normal that it gets cold during the night.

Obviously for me this isn't much, given I've lived in Canada most of my life. When I go for night walks though, my hands are frozen when I get back. I sometimes feel like I shouldn't go around in a T-shirt, especially given everyone looks at me funny xD

Just now, nudge said:

I'm in the northern hemisphere haha :P But it's currently rainy season, so we've got slightly lower temperatures than usual and a shitload of rain.

Haha I was afraid of that, but cba to actually checked so I just assumed it was south xD

Tonight is one of the coolest we’ve had for ages. I ran my soccer club for 20 minutes before canceling due to heavy rain and 6degrees at 4:30 which is mad for Western Australia. 

Mayeb 2 degreees tonight which is cold for here! 

2 minutes ago, Stan said:

even if you're in Australia, don't you have quite mild winters anyway?

Mild compared to where? They are mild though really, my town is near the coldest place in Western Australia, but it’s nothing compared to my time in Asia or Europe in the colder months. 

Well here in the south in places like Bariloche it can go down to about -4/5C, lowest ever recorded temp on Latin America was recorded here, -39C in San Juan in 1972. In Capital federal and Gran Buenos Aires mins in winter are typically between 3-10C but it can go down to 0 or -1 a few odd days too.

It doesn't get that cold in Sydney during the winter, just windy and somewhere below 10.

Auckland it's chilly, saw my own breathe for the first time in about 2 years xD But not ice cold like it can get at home.

21 hours ago, Berserker said:

Well here in the south in places like Bariloche it can go down to about -4/5C, lowest ever recorded temp on Latin America was recorded here, -39C in San Juan in 1972. In Capital federal and Gran Buenos Aires mins in winter are typically between 3-10C but it can go down to 0 or -1 a few odd days too.

Bariloche is the first place I remember snow in my life - when I was about 4 or 5 years old.

The first place I saw snow was in Chicago, but I don't actually remember it as I was too young, so my earliest memories were in Argentina. San Juan de Bariloche is lovely.

1 hour ago, Blue said:

Bariloche is the first place I remember snow in my life - when I was about 4 or 5 years old.

The first place I saw snow was in Chicago, but I don't actually remember it as I was too young, so my earliest memories were in Argentina. San Juan de Bariloche is lovely.

San Carlos de Bariloche*.

Archived