talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

MLS All-Stars 1-1 Juventus (Juve wins 5-3 on PKs)

football forum

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Absolutely not going to this. MLS All-Stars is a very stupid thing to me, plus only basing it on performances half way through the year while also in the middle of the season is absurd. If Atlanta were smart (fans vote, and 5 ATL players are on it), the fans would have all voted for someone else. 

I'll watch, but cringe every time Almirion or Josef go down. Hopefully no injuries tonight. 

giphy.gif

3 minutes ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

Villa and ibra have to sit out their next league game for not playing on the all-star game O.o Darwin quintero found a league to thrive in, good for him. The pressure at club America was too much 

Nice bait. More than likely the style of play in the league suited his style more. 

I don't understand why this is right now. God forbid is Martinez gets hurt tonight, and it's serious, the MLS is going to have to answer. You'll have the largest fan base calling for your heads because this is mid season. 

1 minute ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

No bait mate. He did well with Santos but he was never the same with club america. Several coaches gave him the chance and always had quality teammates upfront. The style of the MLS might fit him but it ultimately comes down to playing for a team with average expectations. 

I think the gap between Liga MX and MLS is not as wide as you assume. In cup competitions it's showing as MLS teams are doing better and better, and the money is getting higher, and now we have teams that are drawing crazy numbers. 

I couldn't say definitively right it's more stressful to play for America than it is to currently play for Atlanta United. 

Haha...of course Josef scores. 

Currently 1-1.

Josef was already subbed off (Thank you Tata). Barco came on with Giovinco. Starters for Atlanta were Guzan, Almirion, and Martinez. 

So far, the best players have been Almirion and Martinez...the two run away best players in the MLS. 

And Juventus win the shoot out, after Bradley Wright Phillips missed his PK. 

The biggest win though is no one got hurt from Atlanta. Second biggest win was the fact that the best players for the MLS were all from Atlanta United. 

• Administrator
16 minutes ago, Devon Von Devon said:

If they would do that way Neymar would dive and get a penalty 

it was actually done as a way to decide matches in the MLS at one point.

I did an all-nighter the day of this game, and because of that I slept right through this (not that I would have watched, but rather followed)

It was a long day, stayed up until 4 PM because I went up north of Lima to watch USMP vs Cristal, but that's not the point. Did Yotun end up getting any time?

15 hours ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

No bait mate. He did well with Santos but he was never the same with club america. Several coaches gave him the chance and always had quality teammates upfront. The style of the MLS might fit him but it ultimately comes down to playing for a team with average expectations. 

I've always liked Darwin Quintero, even at Club America. I agree he wasn't the same as at Santos but I didn't dislike him when he came on as a sub. Should get along fine in the MLS, or should be rather. 

Archived