talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Football League 2016/2017 - 31st March - 1st April

Championship

Friday 31st March

Derby County v Queens Park Rangers (19.45)

Saturday 1st April

Barnsley v Sheffield Wednesday  (12.30)

Aston Villa v Norwich City

Brentford v Bristol City

Brighton & Hove Albion v Blackburn Rovers

Huddersfield Town v Burton Albion

Ipswich Town v Birmingham City

Newcastle United v Wigan Athletic

Preston North End v Nottingham Forest

Rotherham United v Fulham

Wolverhampton Wanderers v Cardiff City

Reading v Leeds (17.30)

Rotherham will be officially relegated if they fail to win or Rotherham win and Burton, Forest and Bristol City get a result.

League One

Saturday 1st April

Bolton Wanderers v Chesterfield

Bradford City v Walsall

Bristol Rovers v Shrewsbury Town

Fleetwood Town v Swindon Town

Millwall v Scunthorpe United

Milton Keynes Dons v Gillingham

Peterborough United v Charlton Athletic

Port Vale v AFC Wimbledon

Rochdale v Northampton Town

Southend United v Oldham Athletic

League Two

Saturday 1st March

Grimsby Town v Doncaster Rovers (13.00)

Cheltenham Town v Morecambe

Crewe Alexandra v Cambridge United

Hartlepool United v Portsmouth 

Leyton Orient v Wycombe Wanderers

Luton Town v Blackpool

Mansfield Town v Exeter City

Newport County v Crawley Town

Notts County v Colchester United

Plymouth Argyle v Accrington Stanley

Stevenage v Barnet

Yeovil Town v Carlisle United

Doncaster will be officially promoted if they win, Stevenage lose and Blackpool and Luton fail to win.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Who even cares anymore? I gave up on Orient a long time ago. 

We'll lose, we do every week. Our kids will try but ultimately, they'll be beaten by men who are ready to be playing in the Football League and we'll move a game closer to relegation and the further into the abyss. 

In the last 9 matches against Brighton since 2013 we haven't won and only drawn a couple. We have lost the last 4 matches in a row against them. They are a very good team and I really can't see us getting anything despite a slightly improved away record and overall form of late. I can see us scoring but we still let in too many goals. At least Shane Duffy is injured and can't score against us again...

3-1 to Brighton.

27 minutes ago, Romesh said:

Wonder who the last team to be relegated in March was. Rotherham have been shite.

Really poor season, and they were quite good at home against us.

It just goes to show what a job Warnock did with them last season, it was an absolute miracle he kept them up the way he did.

football forum
2 minutes ago, Smiley Culture said:

Whisper's our game may not even go ahead due to the players and staff not being paid today. I can't see it not going ahead for that reason, it's more likely to be postponed if the required medical staff and policing numbers aren't met or paid. 

Makes you wonder whether saving the club last week in the courts was worth it. The sooner the phoenix, fan owned team comes along the better.

1 minute ago, Cannabis said:

Makes you wonder whether saving the club last week in the courts was worth it. The sooner the phoenix, fan owned team comes along the better.

Not necessarily. 

If the outstanding debts aren't paid, the courts can appoint an administrator, which effectively gets rid of Becchetti, and allows us to carry on whilst we seek a new owner (and there's been interest in the club at the minute) so all hope isn't lost. 

That said, the debts are mounting and we're in grave danger so a Phoenix club could be a realistic option in the future, which I really don't fancy. 

This is where the seven match / Mowbray unbeaten runs ends, can't see anything more than a point from the next two games. Hopefully whatever happens doesn't dent the confidence we've gained over the past six weeks too much for the matches thereafter, some huge ones coming up before the season's end (Forest and Wolves away, Bristol City at home) that we need nothing less than wins in.

Hope we get off to a good start in this game. About 5-10% of our home support are utter bellends and arseholes that just ruin every game.

Last home game the bloke behind me was whinging after 45 seconds. Just stay at home tossers.

27 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

You find that when you're expecting to win and it's infuriating as a sane fan. I can remember back in the Moyes era when we beat Blackpool 5-3 one of the nobhead season ticket holders behind me kept hurling abuse at Louis Saha completely ignoring the fact that he had scored four or our five goals that evening. 

Some people are just inbred. 

Hope it's just the expectation and if we go up next season we can enjoy games for a change.

Rafa is pretty much trying every other week to tell the wankers in our support to stay on side.

Nice easy trip to Reading for me today. Big game. I'd be happy to take a draw and move on. Reading will have a lot of the ball, we will look to contain them and hit them on the break. It would be quite satisfying to beat them and do the double over them given the comments from Stam and Kermorgant in the build up to this one. They still feel bitter about losing to us earlier in the season.

Of those around us, I fully expect Huddersfield and Fulham to win today. Wednesday might find Barnsley tricky away from home in a derby but really and truly, if they want to get in the playoffs they need to be winning these games.

Another heavy defeat is on the cards and the margin of said heavy defeat is down to Wycombe and how much they want it. It will be anything between three to five-nil this afternoon, I fear.

Potentially one of the last home games I'll be attending for a while as well if Francesco Becchetti remains as chairman, which is a very odd feeling. 

There's no urgency or intensity in our game. A few players are extremely negative. The first instinct seems to be to pass backwards. Yet when we up the pace and have a go we look like we can carve through with ease. 

We are going to stagger over the finish line like a drunk walking home.

On 31/03/2017 at 8:25 AM, Romesh said:

Wonder who the last team to be relegated in March was. Rotherham have been shite.

I do feel really sorry for the Caretaker Manager. You can tell his heart is in the right place but he simply has not got the players to compete. 

On 31/03/2017 at 11:53 AM, Smiley Culture said:

Whisper's our game may not even go ahead due to the players and staff not being paid today. I can't see it not going ahead for that reason, it's more likely to be postponed if the required medical staff and policing numbers aren't met or paid. 

They were saying on Soccer Saturday that there was talk of the players going on strike? It's gone from there being a mad story every month, to every week, to every other day.

We were poor but comfortable. If we win 4 of our remaining games in the same way then that should be enough to promote us.

Not arsed one bit about the league either as nice as it would be. Nice to see Dwight Gayle scoring again, he averages a goal every 92 minutes so would be nice if he can win the golden boot or whatever the Championship equivalent is. I have no fear about him making the step up, he would score goals in any league given the service which is what my worry is.

I don't even know if Newcastle/Brighton will need as many as 4 wins to seal.

The chasing pack is faltering, both have winnable games mid-week and Huddersfield have a banana skin against Norwich, if both win and Huddersfield slip up again it's all over for me.

Frustrating to lose 1-0 as there was very little between the teams and it had 0-0 written all over it. Wigan and Bristol City losing, and Forest drawing was a bonus but bloody Burton winning again. Huddersfield can fuck off, giving Bristol City and Burton 3 points each in recent weeks...I hope they don't go up.

Another tough away game on Tuesday at Reading, but after that we have Barnsley (h), Forest (a) and Bristol City (h)...make or break in our season we need 2 wins minimum.

• The title was changed to Football League 2016/2017 - 31st March - 1st April
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived