Join in on the discussion, prediction leagues and competitions today! Sign up takes no longer than 5 minutes.

football forum

Chris Smalling - Joins Roma on Loan

Manchester United defender Chris Smalling has agreed a deal with Wolves, according to reports in the Daily Express.

The England international is contracted to Old Trafford until the summer of 2019.

This rumour, if you trace it all the way back, appears to have emerged from a fake account on Twitter by the name of Peter Harding. 

• Haha 1

Bloody stay there, please. praying.gif

Quote.thumb.png.5c40b8fe0887e8e4d85909dd5154ccfc.png

Manchester United defender Chris Smalling, 29, has travelled to Italy to complete a season-long loan move to Roma, with his parent club set to receive a fee of £2.7m. (Mirror)

But why?

Hopefully this isn't the last defender they are bringing in. He isn't better than what they already had.

I'd have kept him and got rid of Phil "Duncan Edwards" Jones instead

17 minutes ago, Vegan Kel said:

I'd have kept him and got rid of Phil "Duncan Edwards" Jones instead

Same, I think he is more reliable than most of the defenders we have and that's the sad part, cause he isn't even that good. But he isn't the worst. Jones done nothing in those 8 years he has been at the club apart from being permanent injured and making weird faces during games. Bailey is getting injured every 2 games, Rojo is not good either.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Fusion said:

Same, I think he is more reliable than most of the defenders we have and that's the sad part, cause he isn't good. But he isn't the worst. Jones done nothing in those 8 years he has been at the club apart from being permanent injured and making weird faces during games. Bailey is getting injured every 2 games, Rojo is not good either.

Don't get me started on Rojo >:(

• Upvote 1

Oh yes, please   praying.gif

Quote.thumb.png.84e0f77f4a292bbdf404496489d0fe4e.png

Manchester United and England defender Chris Smalling, who has joined Roma initially on loan for the rest of the season, could stay at the Italian club beyond this season. (Manchester Evening News)

I remember when Phil Jones first appeared on the scene at Blackburn as quite a dynamic deep-lying midfielder who could carry the ball xD.

Fuck off, stay where you are.

Quote.thumb.png.0100720429b255f83d32da35f7a1fb7c.png

England defender Chris Smalling, 29, is expected to return to Manchester United once his year-long loan spell at Roma expires in the summer, despite recent rumours of a permanent move to the Italian club. (Sky Sports)

Quote.thumb.png.557cca1e87a26b4bf9ecd787c0fe870d.png

Roma are ready to make a £12.9m offer to Manchester United for Chris Smalling, 29, after the defender's impressive start to his loan spell at the Serie A club. (Guardian)